2010 Summer Football Transfers

Let's just say I know a guy who knows a guy who's more trustworthy than goal.com or dailymail :p

According to him Joey is flying to Switzerland to join up with the Liverpool team.

However it does sound more convincing than him joining you ;)

your beginning to sound like Martyn with his connections :p

Liverpool have completed the signing of midfielder Joe Cole on a four-year deal following his release by Chelsea.

The 28-year-old England international left Stamford Bridge in June after failing to agree a new contract with the Premier League champions.

Cole, who was also linked with Arsenal and Tottenham, will undergo a medical in the next 48 hours.

Liverpool have completed the signing of midfielder Joe Cole on a four-year deal following his release by Chelsea.

The 28-year-old England international left Stamford Bridge in June after failing to agree a new contract with the Premier League champions.

Cole, who was also linked with Arsenal and Tottenham, will undergo a medical in the next 48 hours.

Top signing (Y) we really didnt need him with Ramsey coming back and Nasri fit.. hopefully we'll keep Jack Wilshere for Theo or Arshavin's position (as a sub) and Rosicky will be another one on the wing.. hopefully we sign a keeper next and AW doesnt prefer Denilson over Nasri or Ramsey as Cesc's partner..

Its like a Benayoun - Cole swap.. only Chelsea gave Cole plus cash for Benayoun blink.giflaugh.gif

Cole isn't exactly cheap either,in the long run I think he will cost them as much as we paid for Benayoun

Sky Sports News understands that Newcastle United are on the verge of wrapping up a deal to sign free agent Dan Gosling.

The 20-year-old left Everton this summer after it was deemed he was not contracted to the club despite verbally agreeing terms.

Gosling had been attracting interest from Sunderland and West Ham, but it seems that Newcastle have now won the race for his services.

The former Plymouth youngster is expected to sign a four-year deal with the Magpies, becoming the club's second summer signing behind James Perch.

Newcastle manager Chris Hughton has been strengthening his team this summer after securing their return to the Premier League and is a big fan of Gosling.

laugh.gifAnd this one even slipped through Martyn's radar..

Betting was stopped sometime ago on Joe Cole joining Liverpool :p

It is some rare good news however, and I do generally love him as a player (Y)

In terms of his injuries over recent seasons, most of them have been impact injuries rather than muscle injuries which in my eyes does not make him 'injury prone'. As long as he has a good pre-season and has a little luck I don't think his injuries will be a problem for us.

The sales of Insua and Benayoun will probably pay for his wages for the next few years though.

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola says he still wants to sign Cesc Fabregas but admits there is no chance of doing a deal if Arsenal will not negotiate.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger demanded an end to speculation linking his captain Fabregas with a move to the Nou Camp after rejecting a ?30m bid from Barca.

And Guardiola conceded: "We want him to come but if Arsenal don't want to negotiate he won't."

Fabregas, 23, was a youth player at Barca before moving to Arsenal in 2003.

Several Barcelona players have made public pleas for Fabregas to return "home" to his boyhood club.

But Wenger is adamant the World Cup winner will stay in north London.

"Now the story has to stop," said Wenger. "Cesc is our captain, he is so important to us. We want to keep him."

Fabregas, who held talks with Wenger before the 2010 World Cup finals in South Africa, was embarrassingly forced into wearing a Barcelona shirt by some of his Spanish team-mates as they celebrated their World Cup triumph in Madrid.

With Fabregas on extended leave to recover from his exertions in South Africa, Arsenal fans displayed anti-Barca banners at their pre-season friendly against Barnet at Underhill on Saturday.

"We can only influence our own behaviour," added Wenger. "We always had a consistent attitude and were always reluctant to talk about Cesc's departure.

"It is very important we give the impression that just because somebody wants a player from us, we do not just give in.

"We have shown our love and care for Cesc since the start. I believe Cesc loves the club, has shown his attachment to the club many times and I am very confident the story will end there."

And while Guardiola is keen to partner Fabregas with his international midfield team-mates Xavi and Andres Iniesta at the Nou Camp, he admitted: "I think that getting Cesc will cost a lot. He is an important player for Arsenal."

Rosell, who made signing Fabregas a cornerstone of his election campaign, said on Friday that Arsenal's determination to hold on to their prize asset may delay the deal for another season.

"Arsenal feels very hurt by Barca," Rosell told Catalan TV3. "They don't want to listen to offers or sell and they are not putting the player on the market. There was a strong dispute a few months ago and they have not forgotten it.

"He will arrive, even if it is not now, it will be next year. We will see. One thing that is certain is that we will not go mad trying to sign him. No shareholder would pay 60 or 70m euros for him."

Wenger gave debuts to new signings Marouane Chamakh and Laurent Koscielny as Arsenal beat Barnet 4-0.

The Gunners boss said the club were "still active in the transfer market" but would not be drawn on potential targets.

He confirmed that he expects French defenders William Gallas and Mikael Silvestre to leave now that their contracts have expired, but revealed that former England centre-back Sol Campbell could sign a one-year deal.

When asked about his own future, Wenger responded: "I don't think anyone can question my own commitment to this club.

"The important thing is the feeling that I have, that I do well enough for the club."

wow, joe cole. great signing.

apparently he just has to clear a physical according to liverpool's website. the more i think about it the more i love this signing. i LOVE the way he plays.

He'll probably improve your wings quite a bit,that is however if you manage to get him going,he struggled so badly last season he couldn't dislodge Kalou(!!) from the lineup and Capello didn't seem too convinced by his form,either.

He'll probably improve your wings quite a bit,that is however if you manage to get him going,he struggled so badly last season he couldn't dislodge Kalou(!!) from the lineup and Capello didn't seem too convinced by his form,either.

yeah he didn't have a great season that's for sure. but when he is on his game, their is no one who likes playing against him. to be honest i hated him in chelsea but he's that type of player. hate him on the opposition, love him on your squad.

lol and looks like you were right with your inside info ;)

The sales of Insua and Benayoun will probably pay for his wages for the next few years though.

if joe cole is heatlhy and plays like he should, IMO he is easily worth those two.

the way i look at it, we traded benayoun for joe cole (and we won on that deal...)

dunno I rate Yossi a bit better then Cole but that's just IMO (which is probably why Liverpool got ?6m for Yossi)

dunno I rate Yossi a bit better then Cole but that's just IMO (which is probably why Liverpool got £6m for Yossi)

if you looked up the definition of streaky, you would find youssi and ryan babel's picture. was never a big youssi fan while he was with us.

the way i look at it, we traded benayoun for joe cole (and we won on that deal...)

In an ideal world - and I'm sure you agree - we wouldn't have to sell to be able to 'buy'.

I read somewhere that Joe Cole only wants to play behind a striker, not as a winger, and apparently we have been practicing with the 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation in training. So, hypothetically, this is how we could be playing next season:

----------------------Reina------------------

-------Carragher---Skrtel---Agger--------

Johnson-----------------------------???????

-----------Gerrard-------Lucas-------------

-------------------Cole-----------------------

--------------Kuyt------Torres--------------

Don't be surprised if we sign an attacking left fullback in the next month.

P.s. No Mascherano as I believe he is pushing for a move to Inter and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets it.

In an ideal world - and I'm sure you agree - we wouldn't have to sell to be able to 'buy'.

(Y)

I read somewhere that Joe Cole only wants to play behind a striker, not as a winger, and apparently we have been practicing with the 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation in training. So, hypothetically, this is how we could be playing next season:

----------------------Reina------------------

-------Carragher---Skrtel---Agger--------

Johnson-----------------------------???????

-----------Gerrard-------Lucas-------------

-------------------Cole-----------------------

--------------Kuyt------Torres--------------

Don't be surprised if we sign an attacking left fullback in the next month.

P.s. No Mascherano as I believe he is pushing for a move to Inter and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets it.

so you figure the staggered striker formation is gone eh? i actually didn't mind that. torres up front and someone just behind him in there for support. I don't like gerrard in a defensive minded position. Yeah he can play both sides of the ball without issue but i feel if he's not there trying to take a swing on net every once in a while or fully supporting torres we are holding him back. We definitely need someone beside johnson, i figure someone who is more defensive minded because all johnson wants to do it seems is make runs and some plays (which is not a bad thing because that is his strength) . one of out biggest problems last year was our ability to stay healthy. we stay healthy this year and we can make a honest run at the title. our biggest problem last year was depth, or lack of, and until we get our money situation figured out that's going to be our problem again this year.

the mascherano bit makes sense, im still hoping he stays, at least for one more year to see how this squad plays out. i'm not a fan of lucas at all, i have no faith in him whatsoever. you imagine mascherano, cole, gerrard (and god i hope someone other then Lucas) in the middle? you would be hard pressed to find a better midfield in the EPL.

you imagine mascherano, cole, gerrard (and god i hope someone other then Lucas) in the middle? you would be hard pressed to find a better midfield in the EPL.

:blink:

so you figure the staggered striker formation is gone eh? i actually didn't mind that. torres up front and someone just behind him in there for support. I don't like gerrard in a defensive minded position. Yeah he can play both sides of the ball without issue but i feel if he's not there trying to take a swing on net every once in a while or fully supporting torres we are holding him back. We definitely need someone beside johnson, i figure someone who is more defensive minded because all johnson wants to do it seems is make runs and some plays (which is not a bad thing because that is his strength) . one of out biggest problems last year was our ability to stay healthy. we stay healthy this year and we can make a honest run at the title. our biggest problem last year was depth, or lack of, and until we get our money situation figured out that's going to be our problem again this year.

the mascherano bit makes sense, im still hoping he stays, at least for one more year to see how this squad plays out. i'm not a fan of lucas at all, i have no faith in him whatsoever. you imagine mascherano, cole, gerrard (and god i hope someone other then Lucas) in the middle? you would be hard pressed to find a better midfield in the EPL.

I did like our old system, and we may still use it at times, Jovanovic could easily play the role on the left hand side, and Kuyt or Maxi would play on the right. Maybe Roy Hodgson just wants to try something brand new though.

I think Johnson as a wing back would be a good move, he is probably the best full back in the league alongside Ashley Cole at going forward. As a wingback, he would have more freedom to roam forward than he would if he was playing as a conventional right back, and his defensive duties would be easied. Agger is also a player who likes to run down the left, and by putting him on the left hand side of a Carra---Skrtel---Agger partnership we would get the best out of him as he is very good at running forward with the ball.

You're right though, if we keep Gerrard and Torres fit we are a much better team.

It's also a big season for Aquilani this year.

Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard has revealed that he does not plan to leave the club, and is looking forward to playing alongside new signing Joe Cole.

Cole inked a four-year deal at the club on Monday, a move which many have seen as a real sign of intent from new Reds gaffer Roy Hodgson.

"It is a great signing for us. I know Joe well through the England set-up and have seen first hand just how good a player he is," Gerrard told The Liverpool Echo.

"He has proved his ability over many years in the Premier League - sometimes against us - so it will be fantastic to play alongside him in a red shirt for Liverpool."

Speculation has linked Gerrard with an exit since the end of last season, but the native-born Scouser is clearly now happy to remain an Anfield man.

"I've told him what a great club this is and I'm sure Joe's the sort of exciting talent our fans will love to see," Gerrard added.

"I made it clear that I simply needed to concentrate on the World Cup and then have a decent holidaty with my family.

"I wanted the chance to meet Roy Hodgson privately and having done so, I'm very impressed with his plans for the future."

It gets better and better for us Liverpool fans, just fill that hole in the LB Roy and lets get the season started

Joe Cole is only interested in money.

That is why Wenger decided he wasn't for him.

Joe Cole will probably end up injured for the next few seasons.

Old rope and Liverpool will still end up in 7th place.

Shakhtar Donetsk are closing in on the signing of Arsenal striker Eduardo da Silva.

Arsenal are believed to have agreed a fee with the Ukrainians for the Croatian international.

Eduardo was missing from the squad that flew out to Austria on Monday for the club's pre-season training camp to allow him to hold talks with Shakhtar.

The 27-year-old has struggled to recapture his best form at Arsenal since the traumatic leg injury he sustained against Birmingham in February 2008.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is willing to let Eduardo move on having signed Marouane Chamakh this summer and Shakhtar coach Mircea Lucescu believes the Croatian still has a lot to offer.

"We wanted to buy Eduardo before he moved to Arsenal," said Lucescu. "Not everything went his way last season, but he is still a player of very high quality, a real marksman.

"Yes, he had a serious injury, we are aware of the risk, but at the same time we realise he can give a lot to Shakhtar. We expect a lot from Eduardo."

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas is believed to be intent on making a move to Barcelona during the current transfer window.

The World Cup winning midfielder has for long maintained that he would only join his boyhood club Barca if he should leave the Emirates.

And with the Catalan club coming calling with a lure to join the ranks at Camp Nou, it has been reported that the Spain international desires a move to join the 2009 Champions League winners.

However, the Gunners' boss Arsene Wenger recently insisted that the 23-year-old would remain the north London club for the forthcoming campaign.

Now The Daily Mail has reported that the talented midfielder could hand in an official transfer request to ensure that he makes a move to the Spanish side.

In the meantime, striker Eduardo is believed to have completed a medical at the club's training ground to satisfy Shakhtar Donetsk that he has recovered from the ankle injury sustained in 2008.

---

I say just cash in on him, no player is bigger then the club.

I say just cash in on him, no player is bigger then the club.

The key word here is cash.. which Barca are not willing to show.. I say what I've always been saying.. dont sell him if they are going to pay a ridiculously low amount of money for such a young and world class player.. especially as they still owe us ?12M from past sales.. I'll accept ?30M if they give us Messi with it..