2010 Summer Football Transfers

Croatian striker Eduardo has joined Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk on a four-year deal from Arsenal.

The fee for the 27-year-old Brazilian-born player is reportedly around ?6m.

Eduardo joined Arsenal from Dinamo Zagreb in July 2007 but struggled to regain his best form after a year out with a broken leg and dislocated ankle.

Despite that he signed a new contract at the club in November, but Wenger has decided to cash in as he rebuilds his squad ahead of the new season.

"FC Shakhtar have signed Eduardo da Silva from Arsenal. All the details were agreed at Donbas Arena in Donetsk," read a statement on the official Shakhtar Donetsk website.

Defender Danny Wilson has penned a three-year deal with Liverpool from Rangers after passing his medical.

The Merseyside club will pay ?2million up front to the Ibrox side for the 18-year-old centre-back, with a further ?3m dependent on appearances and add-ons.

Wilson, the Scottish Football Association and Football Writers' Young Player of the Year, insists he is ready for the Premier League move.

"This is a massive challenge for me. This is one of the best leagues in the world and I will be playing for one of the biggest teams in the world," said Wilson.

"Coming here from Scotland, people may say I might not be ready for this, but that is a challenge I want to put on myself and that's the reason I came here.

"It wasn't a difficult decision to come here as Liverpool are not a team who come in for you every day, so I can't wait to get started.

"There were other clubs interested in me who are in the Champions League, but once Liverpool came in for me there was only one team I wanted to go to."

Sky Sports News understands Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini is trying to seal a move for Landon Donovan.

The 28-year-old United States attacker spent a period on loan at Everton last season, and proved a real hit in the Premier League.

He is still contracted to Major League Soccer outfit Los Angeles Galaxy, but City are now thought to be interested in his signature.

The former Bayer Leverkusen star has been with the Galaxy since 2005, but during the American off-season he had a spell on loan at Bayern Munich in 2009 and with the Toffees last term.

Donovan made 10 league appearances for the Merseyside outfit, and Mancini saw enough to catch his eye.

City have already splashed the cash in the transfer market this summer with the signings of Yaya Toure, David Silva and Jerome Boateng.

Sky Sports News understands Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini is trying to seal a move for Landon Donovan.

How many strikers does 1 team need?! blink.gif Especially as they are not even in UCL.. Seems they have money to burn over there.. wacko.gif

How many strikers does 1 team need?! blink.gif Especially as they are not even in UCL.. Seems they have money to burn over there.. wacko.gif

Landon can do pretty well on the wing...maybe he knows he can't get Milner so go for Landon

you think he is going to say something while still on the team? it's called class, the thing you think rafa has soo much of.

that statement just defines class...

You're saying Benitez doesn't have class?

He's a true gentleman of the game.

Remember how he sat down so the fans could see the penalty shootout against Chelsea?

His large donation to the Hillsborough Family Support Group?

His large donation to the Rhys Jones Memorial Fund?

Singing and dancing and having a pint with Liverpool fans?

Wearing the Justice for the 96 badge?

Lots of charity work from him and Montse in Liverpool?

Always going out of his way when he can (surprise appearance at 'One Night In Istanbul' theatre performance etc)?

Suing News Of The World...

Say all you want about his managerial shortcomings, but don't doubt the integrity of the man.

You're saying Benitez doesn't have class?

He's a true gentleman of the game.

Remember how he sat down so the fans could see the penalty shootout against Chelsea?

His large donation to the Hillsborough Family Support Group?

His large donation to the Rhys Jones Memorial Fund?

Singing and dancing and having a pint with Liverpool fans?

Wearing the Justice for the 96 badge?

Lots of charity work from him and Montse in Liverpool?

Always going out of his way when he can (surprise appearance at 'One Night In Istanbul' theatre performance etc)?

Suing News Of The World...

Say all you want about his managerial shortcomings, but don't doubt the integrity of the man.

but he's far from perfect. he's treated a few players pretty badly and unfairly. like red said, it doesn't seem like he knows how to take care of the players.

and donovan in the EPL is awesome. i love watching him play.

but he's far from perfect. he's treated a few players pretty badly and unfairly. like red said, it doesn't seem like he knows how to take care of the players.

and donovan in the EPL is awesome. i love watching him play.

It's football. Rafa tried to do the best for the club with the resources he had. Do you expect him to go round giving regular hugs to those ?100,000 A WEEK football players :laugh:?

For instance, Rafa gets criticised for forcing out Alonso. He tried to sell the lad during summer 2008 as he was playing poorly at the time, and the money from his sale could be used to bring in a similar, but English, player. Obviously we never sold him during summer 2008 and Alonso went on to have a brilliant season at the club (was this the kick up the backside he needed?), and we then sold him for ?30 million to Real Madrid in summer 2009. In summer 2008 Juventus wouldn't even pay ?16 million for Xabi Alonso as he was hardly setting the world on fire!! People forget this!!

He was doing what he thought was best for Liverpool Football Club at the time, with the money he had.

Some fans understand this, some don't.

It's football. Rafa tried to do the best for the club with the resources he had. Do you expect him to go round giving regular hugs to those £100,000 A WEEK football players :laugh:?

For instance, Rafa gets criticised for forcing out Alonso. He tried to sell the lad during summer 2008 as he was playing poorly at the time, and the money from his sale could be used to bring in a similar, but English, player. Obviously we never sold him during summer 2008 and Alonso went on to have a brilliant season at the club (was this the kick up the backside he needed?), and we then sold him for £30 million to Real Madrid in summer 2009. In summer 2008 Juventus wouldn't even pay £16 million for Xabi Alonso as he was hardly setting the world on fire!! People forget this!!

He was doing what he thought was best for Liverpool Football Club at the time, with the money he had.

That's goes right back to the point where rafa is bad at man management. he has absolutely no loyalty to the players he has. A guy can't have one bad year? Xabi is brilliant. You got Kralik arguing Cesc is worth 50-60 millinon but who got a starting spot on the national squad over him? And look what happened the first year he was gone?

You can play the money car all you want but 2 years ago, with Xabi playing consistently, torres doing well, riera and benayoun making good contributions, arguably kyut's break out year and pepe finally proving he is one of the best keepers in the EPL, what place did we finish? It was a good year the team had sooo much hope to get better then rafa messes around with everything. Couldn't he have a bit more patience and try to build around the squad, not tweak crap out of it?

People also give Rafa way too much credit for 2005. Yeah we won the championships league, but how much can a coach take pride in that when he knows that team still has SOOOO much influence from the last management team? There is no way, in any league can a coach completely make the team his in a year, especially when have the assistants aren't his.

Rafa was really good at letting the wrong players go because they he didn't think they would cut it. When benayoun play Liverpool in Liverpool I hope he scores a goal (we still win 3-1 ;) ). I hope he has an awesome year next year. He does deserve a real chance. I was never his biggest fan, but he was amazing sometimes, especially last year and it never made sense to me why he didn't play more. With the team riddled with injuries.

That's goes right back to the point where rafa is bad at man management. he has absolutely no loyalty to the players he has. A guy can't have one bad year? Xabi is brilliant. You got Kralik arguing Cesc is worth 50-60 millinon but who got a starting spot on the national squad over him? And look what happened the first year he was gone?

You can play the money car all you want but 2 years ago, with Xabi playing consistently, torres doing well, riera and benayoun making good contributions, arguably kyut's break out year and pepe finally proving he is one of the best keepers in the EPL, what place did we finish? It was a good year the team had sooo much hope to get better then rafa messes around with everything. Couldn't he have a bit more patience and try to build around the squad, not tweak crap out of it?

People also give Rafa way too much credit for 2005. Yeah we won the championships league, but how much can a coach take pride in that when he knows that team still has SOOOO much influence from the last management team? There is no way, in any league can a coach completely make the team his in a year, especially when have the assistants aren't his.

Rafa was really good at letting the wrong players go because they he didn't think they would cut it. When benayoun play Liverpool in Liverpool I hope he scores a goal (we still win 3-1 ;) ). I hope he has an awesome year next year. He does deserve a real chance. I was never his biggest fan, but he was amazing sometimes, especially last year and it never made sense to me why he didn't play more. With the team riddled with injuries.

You can't tell me that our bad season last year was solely down to Xabi Alonso leaving the club :laugh:

Xabi had more than one bad year. How long have you been watching Liverpool? Xabi spent five years at the club and only had 'great years' during 2004/2005 and 2008/2009, the rest of the time he was average at best.

If you think Rafa does not deserve any credit for our 2005 Champions League win (or the 'Championships League' as you call it :laugh:) then you are off your head. If the squad was so great before Rafa took over then how come we were an average UEFA Cup team under the later years of Houllier, and when we did get into the Champions League we couldn't get past the likes of Bayer Leverkusen? Rafa made us into the best team in Europe during his time here (look at the UEFA coefficients from a few years ago). Futhermore, we lost our best player in Michael Owen when Rafa took over - but I suppose that is Rafa's fault as well! Traore and Biscan even have Champions League winner medals!

We have beat Chelsea, Arsenal, AC Milan, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter and Juventus over the past few years in Europe - and according to your logic that is all down to Gerard Houllier I guess? The names you mentioned in your post (Xabi, Kuyt, Riera, Benayoun and Reina), who signed them? Oh, yeah.

Your point about a manager who wins anything in his first season should not be given credit is also void. Real Madrid - Capello 1997/1998 and 2007/2008. Chelsea - Ancelotti 2009/2010. Liverpool - Benitez 2004/2005. Liverpool - Dalglish 1985/1986.

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill says he is prepared to sell James Milner after the player expressed his desire to leave the club.

The England World Cup midfielder, 24, who joined Villa from Newcastle for ?12m in 2008, was subject of a rejected ?20m bid from Manchester City in May.

"I had a conversation with James before the World Cup and he intimated that he'd like to go," said O'Neill.

"I'd imagine things will be resolved in the foreseeable future."

The Villa boss added: "City made an offer but it did not meet our valuation.

"I'm sure matters will be resolved soon. James is back next week having had extended holiday."

Should Milner leave for Eastlands then it would be the second high-profile midfielder to leave the Midlands club for their rivals in two seasons, following Gareth Barry's ?12m transfer to Manchester City last season.

---

what's the odds that City will just throw ?25m at Villa and off he goes :rofl:

what's the odds that City will just throw ?25m at Villa and off he goes :rofl:

Are they selling anyone too? That has to be the largest roster of all the football clubs in the world.. huh.gif

Liverpool are prepared to part-exhange youth duo Nabil El Zhar and Damien Plessis to beat West Ham United to ?14.3 million Nice striker Loic Remy, according to The Mirror.

Remy, 23, is at the top of new manager Roy Hodgson's trasnfer wishlist as he aims to add some pace to his attacking options. After grabbing 25 goals in 66 Ligue 1 appearance, the France international is hot property and the Hammers are believed to have bid ?13m for his signature.

This figure is beyond the debt-ridden Reds' means and the former Fulham supremo is prepared to let loose a pair of youngsters to bring Remy to Merseyside. Moroccan international El Zhar has already stated his desire to leave the club in search of first-team football, while Plessis is unlikely to feature next season.

Liverpool have asked Nice to consider the offer while they look to spend any spare cash on a replacement for Fiorentina-bound left back Emiliano Insua.

Liverpool are prepared to part-exhange youth duo Nabil El Zhar and Damien Plessis to beat West Ham United to ?14.3 million Nice striker Loic Remy, according to The Mirror.

(Y)

You can't tell me that our bad season last year was solely down to Xabi Alonso leaving the club :laugh:

Xabi had more than one bad year. How long have you been watching Liverpool? Xabi spent five years at the club and only had 'great years' during 2004/2005 and 2008/2009, the rest of the time he was average at best.

If you think Rafa does not deserve any credit for our 2005 Champions League win (or the 'Championships League' as you call it :laugh:) then you are off your head. If the squad was so great before Rafa took over then how come we were an average UEFA Cup team under the later years of Houllier, and when we did get into the Champions League we couldn't get past the likes of Bayer Leverkusen? Rafa made us into the best team in Europe during his time here (look at the UEFA coefficients from a few years ago). Futhermore, we lost our best player in Michael Owen when Rafa took over - but I suppose that is Rafa's fault as well! Traore and Biscan even have Champions League winner medals!

We have beat Chelsea, Arsenal, AC Milan, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter and Juventus over the past few years in Europe - and according to your logic that is all down to Gerard Houllier I guess? The names you mentioned in your post (Xabi, Kuyt, Riera, Benayoun and Reina), who signed them? Oh, yeah.

Your point about a manager who wins anything in his first season should not be given credit is also void. Real Madrid - Capello 1997/1998 and 2007/2008. Chelsea - Ancelotti 2009/2010. Liverpool - Benitez 2004/2005. Liverpool - Dalglish 1985/1986.

so truce? cause this battle could go on forever...

Massimo Moratti has stated that negotiations between Inter Milan and Manchester City over the possible sale of Mario Balotelli are still taking place.

City manager Roberto Mancini is looking to mount a challenge for the Premier League title this season and has already been busy strengthening his squad this summer.

Having recruited David Silva, Yaya Toure and Jerome Boateng, Mancini is keen to bring in further reinforcements.

Inter striker Balotelli is among the players on his radar and talks have begun over a deal to take the 19-year-old to Eastlands.

It looked like there would be no new developments for at least a few days when Balotelli's agent Mino Raiola said on Wednesday that discussions would not conclude this week.

However, Inter president Moratti has now declared that negotiations are ongoing as the two clubs look to strike an agreement.

"At this moment there are contacts with Manchester City, but we must find an agreement that satisfies both us and them," Moratti told Sky Sports 24.

Reports in Italy suggest City have offered ?22.8million in an effort to prise the youngster away from Inter.

Massimo Moratti has stated that negotiations between Inter Milan and Manchester City over the possible sale of Mario Balotelli are still taking place.

They jumped on board as soon as they heard Fergie was interested :whistle:

Everton's midfield starlet Dan Gosling says he 'can't wait to get started' after finally completing his 'brilliant' move to Newcastle.

The 20-year-old England Under-21 international has signed a four-year deal and been handed the No15 shirt at St James' Park having made the free transfer switch from Premier League rivals Everton.

However, as Gosling is still in rehabilitation having ruptured a cruciate knee ligament in March, he will have to wait some time before he can make his debut for Chris Hughton's side.

Gosling told the club's website: "It's a brilliant move for me.

"Now that the deal's done, I just can't wait to get started. I've played at St James's Park before, and know all about the amazing atmosphere.

"Playing there in a black and white shirt is something I've thought about already.

"And it'll be a great day when I finally get to walk out in front of 50,000 people.

"The gaffer, Chris Hughton, and all of the lads have been great with me and made me feel really welcome since I arrived, and hopefully I can repay the faith that they've shown in me."

Newcastle may have to pay some money for Gosling as Everton have appealed to a Professional Football Compensation Committee after he became available due to an administrative error over a new deal offer at Goodison Park.

Despite that Hughton is overjoyed to have him on board.

He told the club's website: "He's the right age, and the profile that he has is what makes it such an appealing capture for us.

"He's young, but has Premier League experience, and he's someone who can continue to develop his game.

"We see him as a high-energy player, and a player that can play from box-to-box, but he's also a young player with experience, so he won't be fazed by what's ahead of him."

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/everton/gosling-seals-toon-switch-1079599.html

Manchester City will make a take-it-or-leave-it £24m bid to sign Aston Villa's England midfielder James Milner.

Full story: The Guardian

Milner though has been left fuming and demanding talks with manager Martin O'Neill after being accused of wanting to walk out of Villa Park.

Full story: Daily Mail

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano will seek a move from Anfield and link up with his former Reds boss Rafa Benitez at Inter Milan.

Manchester United will offer central defender Nemanja Vidic a contract extension and pay rise to stop him joining Real Madrid this summer.

Full story: The Guardian

Blackburn's attempts to sign out-of-favour Stoke striker James Beattie for a minimal fee have been rebuffed.

Absolutely not saying the bad season last year was on Xabi, like it said injuries obviously were a big part, but we sure did miss him.

I've been watching since michael owen broke the scene, and while you are absolutely right he has only had two GREAT seasons, he, IMO, has still played very very well. And speaking of michael owen, of course it's not rafa's fault. Poor guy was never the same after his first knee surgery. I really miss watching him play. He was unreal in his prime, best striker in the EPL back then.

I didn't say lately it was because of houlier, im saying it's hard for any coach/manager to really make the team his in the first year. There no way houllier influence wasn't there during that champions league run (wasn't he there in Istanbul watching the game?). Im not saying Rafa didn't do good things, he did. He did some awesome things during his run here and did turn the team around, it's just that some of his decisions never made sense to me (like squad management) and the players he bring him (he really really tried with Babel and i never understood why, that guy does wayyyy more damage then good).

Im not trying to say you're wrong on most of the points you are making. Yes, rafa did do well here, but i think he was just losing the team and now slowly as players leave and now that rafa is gone we are hearing more and more stories about what was going in the dressing room. Yes, rafa wasn't in the best of situation with the owners and what not but i just overall didn't really agree with some of the decisions he made or how he ostracized some of the players.

Aye go on then (Y)

I'd try and sort you for a ticket if you ever came over lad, I'm nice like that.

and the first couple of rounds would be on me (Y) i love arguing with you on here, cause i actually learn a lot. It's hard to follow the team from here. having PVR (games at 4AM sometimes over here) and my google news reader linked to four different RSS feeds for the team has helped though. I really don't know anyone else who follows the team as much as i do so it's hard for me to talk about the team or let alone football itself because i don't know anyone else who follows the EPL as much as i do.

I really hope we buy a new keeper or we'll have to get a special rule made to allow us to do this infront of goal this season laugh.gif

gun__1279887770_training23072010_14.jpg?ic=93ed41T

Even then it'll somehow get past us.