2010 Summer Football Transfers

The key word here is cash.. which Barca are not willing to show.. I say what I've always been saying.. dont sell him if they are going to pay a ridiculously low amount of money for such a young and world class player.. especially as they still owe us ?12M from past sales.. I'll accept ?30M if they give us Messi with it..

:rofl: , messi is clearly worth around ?80m and Fab is not, Fab is worth about ?35m max

According to this article from the Jewish Chronicle, Tal Ben Haim has failed a medical at Upton Park

?The Israel defender looked set to be reunited with manager Avram Grant, whom he worked under at Portsmouth, but it is believed that a groin injury that kept him out for two months towards the end of the season has not fully recovered.?

I?m not sure what all your thoughts are on Ben Haim, would be interested to hear ? but I see it as a saving of ?30k per week on a fairly average player. Of course, if people do leave then we?ll need to replace ? but so far I?ve not seen many people leave?

For what it?s worth, these are Ben Haim?s comments about Avram Grant when he was at Chelsea (2008):

?If I knew Avram Grant was going to be the coach I would have signed for another club. It was Jose who brought me here and no one except he and I know the conversation we had when he tried to sign me the first time a year ago last January. The fact is while Jose was the coach I played most of the games and people who know me know that I would not have come here to be a reserve. I knew nothing good would come for me with Grant as Chelsea coach.?

Read more: http://westhamprocess.footballunited.com/2010/07/20/ben-haim-fails-medical/#ixzz0uEtOGyQ7

Join FootballUnited.com for Real Fans & Real News

According to this article from the Jewish Chronicle, Tal Ben Haim has failed a medical at Upton Park

"The Israel defender looked set to be reunited with manager Avram Grant, whom he worked under at Portsmouth, but it is believed that a groin injury that kept him out for two months towards the end of the season has not fully recovered."

I'm not sure what all your thoughts are on Ben Haim, would be interested to hear ? but I see it as a saving of ?30k per week on a fairly average player. Of course, if people do leave then we'll need to replace ? but so far I've not seen many people leave?

For what it's worth, these are Ben Haim's comments about Avram Grant when he was at Chelsea (2008):

"If I knew Avram Grant was going to be the coach I would have signed for another club. It was Jose who brought me here and no one except he and I know the conversation we had when he tried to sign me the first time a year ago last January. The fact is while Jose was the coach I played most of the games and people who know me know that I would not have come here to be a reserve. I knew nothing good would come for me with Grant as Chelsea coach."

Read more: http://westhamproces.../#ixzz0uEtOGyQ7

Join FootballUnited.com for Real Fans & Real News

That was then, if I'm not mistaken Ben Haim has played under avram, so much so he accepted a move to West Ham where Avram now works!

Clearly the difference between them has been sorted out now. ?Clearly he gets a high opinion of himself, after all just read what I said about him a few days ago!

Brazilian side Santos claim they have rejected a bid from Premier League champions Chelsea for teenage sensation Neymar.

The 18-year-old has emerged as one of the hottest properties in world football having bagged 27 goals in all competitions since the turn of the year.

There was huge pressure on Brazil coach Dunga to include Neymar in his 23-man squad for the World Cup finals in South Africa, but the youngster did not make the cut.

Reports suggested that the Blues had lodged a 20million euros bid for the gifted forward as Carlo Ancelotti looks to bolster his striking options.

A statement from Santos read: "Santos FC declare they have received an official proposal from Chelsea FC of England for the economic rights of forward Neymar."

But the statement "reiterates that Santos FC have no interest in opening negotiations".

---

Sky Sports News understands that Liverpool are on the brink of signing defender Danny Wilson from Rangers.

Ibrox manager Walter Smith revealed to Sky Sports News reporter David Tanner that the two clubs are in advanced stages of discussions and have only the transfer fee left to agree on.

Smith also said the move could be sealed as soon as Tuesday evening, which would leave 18-year-old Wilson free to link up with the Reds at their Switzerland training camp.

Centre-back Wilson came through the youth ranks at the Ibrox club before penning his first professional contract there three years ago.

He will not join the Rangers squad that will fly out to Australia for their pre-season tour on Tuesday night due to a slight hamstring injury.

Brazilian side Santos claim they have rejected a bid from Premier League champions Chelsea for teenage sensation Neymar.

The 18-year-old has emerged as one of the hottest properties in world football having bagged 27 goals in all competitions since the turn of the year.

There was huge pressure on Brazil coach Dunga to include Neymar in his 23-man squad for the World Cup finals in South Africa, but the youngster did not make the cut.

Reports suggested that the Blues had lodged a 20million euros bid for the gifted forward as Carlo Ancelotti looks to bolster his striking options.

A statement from Santos read: "Santos FC declare they have received an official proposal from Chelsea FC of England for the economic rights of forward Neymar."

But the statement "reiterates that Santos FC have no interest in opening negotiations".

The good news is that we tried to sign a talent like Neymar.I was worried that our next transfer would be someone like Benayoun.

The bad news is that our bid got rejected.Surely the club can offer more,hope they will.

Quite pleased that we have signed Danny Wilson, he looks like a good prospect for the future.

It's worth noting that this transfer was instigated by Kenny Dalglish and Rafa Benitez.

:rofl: , messi is clearly worth around £80m and Fab is not, Fab is worth about £35m max

yup (Y)

Sky Sports News understands that Liverpool are on the brink of signing defender Danny Wilson from Rangers.

Quite pleased that we have signed Danny Wilson, he looks like a good prospect for the future.

It's worth noting that this transfer was instigated by Kenny Dalglish and Rafa Benitez.

yeah me too, everything i am reading on the kid is nothing but amazing. solid pick up for the future of the squad.

also hearing stevie g confirm his confidence in the team was a nice touch today as well :)

Riera will sign for Olympiakos.

So many changes at Liverpool,it's hard to keep up with their current squad.

because liverpool needs those changes after the season we went through... i hope hodgson isn't done yet, but i do have full faith in him :yes:

AC Milan striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has arrived at Manchester airport and is set for transfer talks with either Manchester United or Manchester City, according to talkSPORT.

The 26-year-old Netherlands international was previously linked with a move to either Aston Villa or Tottenham following last week's admission by AC Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani that he would be sold to a Premier League side.

Although both forwards were on the fringes of first team action, Manchester City have already let Valeri Bojinov and Benjani leave Eastlands, and have been in search of a player to add to their forward line since the beginning of the transfer window, having already been linked with Liverpool's Fernando Torres and Wolfburg's Edin Dzeko.

Manchester United, however, have already bolstered their forward line with the signing of Mexican striker Javier Hernandez from Guadalajara on May 27, following the granting of a work permit.

Huntelaar made four appearances for the Dutch during their World Cup campaign, scoring the winning goal in their 2-1 group stages win over Cameroon at Green Point Stadium.

so do you wanna know why banyoun left?

He said: "I made up my mind to leave a long time ago because of Benitez. He never treated me with the respect I deserved. If I played well, I never felt he gave me credit. When I scored, I still expected to be out of the team the next game. And when...
"If I played well, I never felt he gave me credit," he told the News of the World. "When I scored, I still expected to be out of the team the next game. On two occasions early last season, against Fulham and Lyon, the fans booed when I was...
Benayoun added: "When I scored, I still expected to be out of the team the next game. And when the fans wanted me to play, Benitez told me he couldn't understand why." "I felt so unhappy but, out of respect to the club, I never spoke out. The...

and my personal favourite why rafa is a dick for what he did to alonso and company (and you can tell me all you want to Martyn about how rafa didn't do **** to alonso, but he pushed him out)

"I don't want to speak on behalf of other players at Liverpool, but people know what happened to Albert Riera and Xabi Alonso," Benayoun added. "It was the same for me. Benitez tried to break me like he broke Riera."

http://news.google.ca/news/quote?hl=en&rlz=1C1_____enCA385CA385&ie=UTF-8&qsid=1RlKnMcg2-GDRM&ei=yWRGTL3bJJS6sQPj5_nWAg&sa=X&oi=news_quote_result&ct=more-results&cd=1&resnum=1&ved=0CCQQ0gYoADAA

i'm glad rafa is out (Y)

:rofl: , messi is clearly worth around £80m and Fab is not, Fab is worth about £35m max

What makes you say that? Cesc is worth at least in the region of £50-60M min..

He's just 23 (has atleast 10 years infront of him)

He's a full starter for us and almost every team in the world

He's a more than able and inspiring captain (when not under duress from Catalan influences)

He's the on-field director of Arsenal's offensive style and strategy (team is built around him)

He's a budding, viable global marketing property

He's under contract for a fair rate for 5 more years, providing security for player and club

If Ibra is worth £30M plus Eto'o then Cesc is worth way more than him

Cesc has better stats than Xavi/Iniesta did at his age.. look at the number of assists and goals and you will see

Everyone saw what he is capable of whenever they gave him a chance at the World Cup and he was one of the players who helped them win Euro..

He got the through ball that won the match that no one else on the Spanish team seemed to get through? Why is that? He's got great vision.. better than anyone on that Barca team. (They themselves said he is the future of Spain)

Barca are the ones tapping him up.. if they want him so desperately they must pay.. Madrid wanted Ronaldo and they showed the money..

They still owe us £12M from past sales.. why should we even consider selling another player to them... let alone one that can become the best CM in the world?

I don't see Barca having a Catalan discount card?

Fans are already p***ed at the management for not reporting Barca to FIFA and UEFA.. if they sell him for less than £50M it won't be good for the board

Here's what's happening at Barca:

1) Out of money

2) Owe us for past sales (and out of money)

3) Mourinho at Real (has won the league the first year he went to any club.. rem? Thats the only trophy they won last season)

4) 5 year Cesc contract

5) Xavi will be 35 if they wait for 5 years

So they can't buy Cesc from us fair and square.. they choose to tap him up and play headgames.. try to make it seem its our fault for not letting him go when it is they who have not offered what's he's worth to us even once.. on the contrary they say he is not worth that much (coz as I may have mentioned they dont have the money).. we (the fans) are so angry that Arsenal FC is quiet about this.. we should offer £15M for Xavi just to **** them off

WRT to Xabi leaving 'Pool.. I feel it was Rafa's fault.. Rafa tried to replace Xabi with Barry when X-man was performing at his peak and giving his all to LFC.. you just need to see the papers from that year to see how desperate Rafa was to get Barry.. Barry didnt come and Xabi had another great season..

The next season.. Barry went to City.. by then Rafa wanted Xabi to stay but Xabi felt unappreciated and my guess didnt want anything to do with Rafa.. so Real came and he went..

What makes you say that? Cesc is worth at least in the region of ?50-60M min.. - no...

He's just 23 (has atleast 10 years infront of him) - good point

He's a full starter for us and almost every team in the world - except for spain

He's a more than able and inspiring captain (when not under duress from Catalan influences) - can't agree with that one so much. torres is inspiring too, but i wouldn't give him the band

He's the on-field director of Arsenal's offensive style and strategy (team is built around him) - they can build around nasri

He's a budding, viable global marketing property isn't this just the original argument you're making?

He's under contract for a fair rate for 5 more years, providing security for player and club solid point

If Ibra is worth ?30M plus Eto'o then Cesc is worth way more than him Eto'o just had one bad year, way more is a huge exasgeration

Cesc has better stats than Xavi/Iniesta did at his age.. look at the number of assists and goals and you will see still not at their level

Everyone saw what he is capable of whenever they gave him a chance at the World Cup and he was one of the players who helped them win Euro.. yup (Y)

He got the through ball that won the match that no one else on the Spanish team seemed to get through? Why is that? He's got great vision.. ... slow down. torres started that play, cesc would be an idiot if he didn't make that pass. it was a good pass, but it was the best option as well. not like it was the greatest pass of all time better than anyone on that Barca team. you know messi plays on barca right? (They themselves said he is the future of Spain)

Barca are the ones tapping him up.. if they want him so desperately they must pay.. Madrid wanted Ronaldo and they showed the money.. when ronaldo got bought wasn't he two time footballer of the year?

They still owe us ?12M from past sales.. why should we even consider selling another player to them... let alone one that can become the best CM in the world? maybe

I don't see Barca having a Catalan discount card? don't know what that means

Fans are already p***ed at the management for not reporting Barca to FIFA and UEFA.. if they sell him for less than ?50M it won't be good for the board that technically has nothing to do with cesc

when you watch a game and see the unicef sponsorship you think man barca is an awesome team. After reading all the crap that is going on, i guess there just as dirty as the next, but with good sponsorship.

Wonders if T.O is going to end up on a team this year :shifty: haha

i see what you did there :shifty:

The key word here is cash.. which Barca are not willing to show.. I say what I've always been saying.. dont sell him if they are going to pay a ridiculously low amount of money for such a young and world class player.. especially as they still owe us ?12M from past sales.. I'll accept ?30M if they give us Messi with it..

it's not that they don't want to pay, the problem is that they just can't. the maximum they can spend is 40~50m? and if they do so, they wouldn't be able to sign new, and IMO, more needed players.

I understand Arsenal position after what the old dirigent did and how they did it, i also understand that Arsenal is asking 60m?, Bar?a just paid 50m? for a 28 years old player and want to pay less than 40 for a 22 years old one, just stupid!

so do you wanna know why banyoun left?

i'm glad rafa is out (Y)

Oh, it's all very confusing!

Rafa Benitez loves me so I'm staying put - Yossi Benayoun

Jul 8 2008 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

YOSSI BENAYOUN has spoken of his desire to build on an "excellent" first season at Anfield by remaining with Liverpool, despite interest from other Premiership clubs.

Manchester City and Tottenham are both keen to recruit the Israeli international midfielder but Benayoun believes there is no chance of Liverpool cashing in on him because Reds boss Rafa Benitez ?loves? him.

The former West Ham man told Israeli national newspaper Ha?aretz: ?It seems the media in Israel and England are in a contest to see who?s more bored during the slow summer months.

?The media in England published a story that Rafael Benitez told me finally that I?m staying at Liverpool.

?These reports are the work of the writer?s imagination because, even before the season ended, we determined that I would be staying.

?Benitez told me unequivocally that he brought me here, that I had a very good season, that he?s depending on me and that there?s no way I?ll leave Liverpool.

?I have very good chemistry with Benitez. He loves me. He bought me. I really enjoy being with him, moreover, I had an excellent season. I even surprised myself.

?Benitez didn't want to hear and isn?t prepared to hear about any possibility of letting me go at any price.?

In his debut season with Liverpool, Benayoun scored 11 goals in 48 appearances although he regularly had to settle for a place on the bench.

But he insists the only way he would leave the club would be if he was told he was no longer wanted.

He added: ?Liverpool is good for me and it was always clear I want to stay and Liverpool wants me. I got better offers financially but these tempting offers don?t change my mind.

?If Liverpool wouldn?t want me, I?d leave there in seconds. Even if I had a contract, if I understood they didn?t want me, I?d get up right away and leave.

?But I?m not leaving Liverpool.?

Source: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/07/08/rafa-benitez-loves-me-so-i-m-staying-put-yossi-benayoun-100252-21303447/

I hope Yossi rots on the Chelsea bench.

WRT to Xabi leaving 'Pool.. I feel it was Rafa's fault.. Rafa tried to replace Xabi with Barry when X-man was performing at his peak and giving his all to LFC.. you just need to see the papers from that year to see how desperate Rafa was to get Barry.. Barry didnt come and Xabi had another great season..

The next season.. Barry went to City.. by then Rafa wanted Xabi to stay but Xabi felt unappreciated and my guess didnt want anything to do with Rafa.. so Real came and he went..

Xabi Alonso had two 'great seasons' - his first season and his last season. Rafa tried to sell him when Xabi was resting on his laurels and there were limited funds available (again, he had to sell to buy) and English quota's were being brought in.

Idiots choose to ignore the facts though.

Skysports.com understands French defender Francois Clerc is hoping to win a move to the Premier League.

Clerc is available on a free transfer after seeing out his contract at Lyon earlier this summer.

A number of clubs are thought to be chasing the French international and Clerc is now weighing up his options as he looks to secure a switch to England.

West Ham have been credited with an interest in the right-back and the player's agent Frederic Guerra, admits he has spoken with several sides about Clerc's situation.

"I have spoken to three or four teams about Francois and West Ham are one of those teams," Guerra told skysports.com.

"After speaking to these teams I am now waiting for their responses.

"There has been a strong interest in Francois as he is a free agent and he is one of the best free transfers around as he has played for France and played in the Champions League.

"Francois likes England and I think he would be a success in England so hopefully we can find an agreement."

you think he is going to say something while still on the team? it's called class, the thing you think rafa has soo much of.

The 30-year-old said before the final game of the season Ben?tez pulled him aside in training and said: "You will not be in the squad for this game. Thank you for your three years of service, now you can call your agent to do a deal with another club."

that statement just defines class...

West Ham are winning the race to sign coveted Nice striker Loic Remy after making an improved bid.

The 23-year-old has attracted interest from a host of clubs throughout Europe, with Roy Hodgson's Liverpool also linked with the striker.

After having a couple of offers rebuffed, the Hammers have now reportedly agreed to pay the ?13.5million fee for the player in just one payment, rather than in instalments which was originally proposed.

This new offer seems to have swayed the race in their favour, with Nice's general manager Patrick Governatori confirming to L'Equipe that they are very close to an agreement with the Hammers.

He said: "We received a new offer from West Ham which seems good and suits us.

"If Liverpool want him, we need clear arrangements and commitments. West Ham are very keen. And we want to sort out that case before the end of the month."

Is it me or does it feel like West Ham have been the second busiest team (after City :p) in the transfer window?

Signed:

Barrera

Hitzlsperger

Piquionne

Possibly:

Caraglio

Remy

Ben Haim

Clerc

They also put a bid in for Neymar didn't they?

Yeah we were interested in him but Santos turned it down something like £18m.

What I want to know is how being £110m in debt we can pay £12m odd for one player in one go :rofl: