Battlefield: Bad Company 2

The servers are really laggy and that made sniping a nightmare. The graphics are really good and it performs well @ 1680x1050 with high settings (HBAO disabled for better performance). Aside from the lag issues, the game itself is good. It reminds me of Battlefield 2 but it's quite different. Everything is bigger and destructible buildings add a whole new level of gameplay. Simply hiding behind something doesn't protect you from bullets and rockets.

Couple of things:

1. OH MY GOD THE ****ING GRAPHICS ARE LUSH ON HIGH!

2. It runs well considering it's an old build 40 FPS in combat on my Q9400, 4GB Ram, XFX 275GTX XXX

3. Guns feel, well, like guns. Nice kick on them. Sniping is difficult as it should be.

4. Just had a good game with Demize from DICE them selfs! It's super ace fun when you work together. :D

5. OH MY! DID I MENTION THE GRAPHICS?!

anyone know who's email i have to spam to get dice to add trackir support? i just dont get why they would support 3d (apart from all the fuss about it recently) when noone actually uses it but not support trackir which is perfect for a bf style game

Oh my goooooooood. Servers are laggy like **** all over the board it seems. And i mean game servers. PC. Ugh.

You're suprised that a game in Beta stage is laggy? Oh dear...

It'll be sorted soon, thats the entire point behind a multiplayer Beta.

I thought the bullet reg was amazing, especially as the server I was on was lagging so much.

first impression was it really sucked...played for a little while..it got better..played for a little while longer and it got even better..think im gonna be happy :)

frostbit engine is quite demanding though

i have a wolfdale e8400 over-clocked to 4.00ghz, moderately over-clocked 4870 ati, 4gb of ram and the thing ran really sluggish on 1920x1200 no matter what detail level

Awesome screenshots, Spookie. And it's so cool that you played with someone from DICE. The graphics are indeed amazing. It runs decently well on my PC with an HD 4870 and E6750 @ 3.2 GHz. The only thing I'm not liking right now is the lag, especially when I use the Recon class most of the time. It makes sniping damn-near impossible.

Oh, and you guys should post your EA account names so we could add each other. Mine's Anaron1701.

Well, it's pretty much unplayable at the moment until the servers are sorted - Not to mention I'm having tons of flickering textures, I can max out a lot of settings but the flickering gets to you :(

My EA Account name is Sethos88 and my soldier is called Sethos.

I got dumped from a server then tried to join another had some autokick or something now everytime i load the server browser the game crashes... this isn't good :(

The game is just a demo/beta and today is the first day it's been out. Everyone is rushing to go play it, so it not being "good" is hardly any cause for concern.

Just wait until things smooth down and you'll be able to play the demo.

Anyone have any other good sites giving away keys? Right now I'm just waiting patiently on Twitter for another giveaway.

Well, it's pretty much unplayable at the moment until the servers are sorted - Not to mention I'm having tons of flickering textures, I can max out a lot of settings but the flickering gets to you :(

My EA Account name is Sethos88 and my soldier is called Sethos.

I managed to find a couple of playable servers, lag-wise. I'll try adding you though. I didn't even check to see if the friends thing worked.

My girlfriend picked one up from Fileplay.com about two hours ago. Could give that a go.

I signed up for an account there, requested and key and it worked.

Thanks a lot! :)

Ok got my beta key from Fileplanet, jsut got the email about it. VPNed and started the download. It should be done when I get home so I can get on and play.

i cant join any games...i keep getting kicked. anybody else having the same problems?

Yep. It just crashes to the desktop for me. I think the servers are down.