Battlefield: Bad Company 2

So oh man where to begin... Well I can begin with I love this game. :laugh:

Seriously though they just tightened everything up so much. Even since I played the PS3 beta things just seem way more tight.

I am not sure what they did to the helicopter controls, but I was never a good helicopter pilot in any previous BF games, and now I can say I am at least decent. People were letting me fly which was never the case. :rofl:

Right now it seems as if there are people who just do not know what they are doing yet, but I singlehandedly took 4 crates in a row in an APC. I would jump out, arm the crate, jump back in and just defend it from people disarming it. it was almost to easy. I stepped away from the match though, had spawned but stayed in one place, and it kicked me for being inactive, which sucks as I had the highest score at that point.

I can also say it looks like they made the tanks much easier to destroy then they were in other games, which although I am an admitted tank ######, I do think that is more fair and balanced overall.

Runs perfect as far as I can see, no lag at all and a lot was going on at one point.

Basically I am just so happy BF is back. Since it is my favorite series of all time, really psyched to see it is closer than ever to recreating the feel of the original games I played on the PC. It is still not an exact clone of BF2, but it is pretty damn close, and has been modernized a bit for the consoles obviously, but overall I am truly excited.

So did I read properly, that stats will carry over from the demo? As honestly I am usually one to check out the demo and then just wait until the full game is released, I just would rather play the end result, but if that is the case, I may change my usual approach and play it more than I normally would.

@ Sethos - I see Anaron did not hold out and he went ahead and purchased it through Steam, so do you want to just do the same? If so PM me.

There seems to be a problem with the servers for the 360 version. I can't find a match after letting it set for ~5 minutes. First impression: this game is a definite buy. Everything about it is good, a very good improvement over the first one which I liked, but did not love.

@ Sethos - I see Anaron did not hold out and he went ahead and purchased it through Steam, so do you want to just do the same? If so PM me.

I was going to post here and tell you guys. I'm sorry! I cracked under the pressure. I really wanted the beta to be downloaded so I could play it over the weekend, as it may be my last "free" weekend to enjoy. :(

Turncoat! Trator!... Enjoy though. :p

Wait, I thought you were out of the 4 pack as well??? Cause since you guys are both out now, I am about to purchase it myself LOL

@ Anaron - NP. It is perfectly understandable. (Y) Honestly I was down to wait, but once I saw how good it is on the 360, I really want to get the PC version myself.

Wait, I thought you were out of the 4 pack as well??? Cause since you guys are both out now, I am about to purchase it myself LOL

@ Anaron - NP. It is perfectly understandable. (Y) Honestly I was down to wait, but once I saw how good it is on the 360, I really want to get the PC version myself.

I'd pre ordered from play.com for a key. Canceled all my pre orders now and went back with game. :(

I'd pre ordered from play.com for a key. Canceled all my pre orders now and went back with game. :(

Okay so you are out. I am about to buy it for myself then also get Sethos his copy, so so much for the 4 pack. LOL

Gotta love FIOS.

post-34384-12647057261346_thumb.png

Haha. It's their fault, whatever. If anything we could all get a refund on our pre-orders to pre-order the 4-pack, if it's ever released. :p

Anyway, it's downloaded. See you dudes on the battlefield!

Apparently the Steam server is "too busy" to handle my download. Ahh well, I'll keep trying. At least it's available now :).

That's how it was with me. I'll download it on and off, so just keep your Steam client running.

disregard my last post i managed to get a key from fileplay.net subscription thing for 2 quid then just need to cancel subscription :D

So the beta is good? Much better than MW:2 ? I am thinking about taking my MW:2 back to gamestop for store credit for this if its that good. Although I will be getting this for PC, screw FPS games on the xbox

Definitely glad I played the 360 demo for awhile this morning. I was #157 to hop on since I was last in the leaderboard.

Hopefully when I play in a little play it's good and not all wonky :(

So Larry just gifted me the game, which was an extremely easy process to both our surprise - Although, I was 1,20 short,

because those damn currency exchange sites are off or PayPal uses a fixed rate.

Larry did however agree to give me the rest as a sort of birthday gift and then I can

always send a bit of extra cash if we decide to do a gift-transfer again (Y)

Transfer fee is like 3 dollars, damn them!

But a massive thanks to Larry - I'd marry you but I'm guessing you'll say no. :wub:

So Larry just gifted me the game, which was an extremely easy process to both our surprise - Although, I was 1,20 short,

because those damn currency exchange sites are off or PayPal uses a fixed rate.

Larry did however agree to give me the rest as a sort of birthday gift and then I can

always send a bit of extra cash if we decide to do a gift-transfer again (Y)

Transfer fee is like 3 dollars, damn them!

But a massive thanks to Larry - I'd marry you but I'm guessing you'll say no. :wub:

Someone needs to record sethos if he starts raging over VOIP if anyone is in a game with him and up to youtube and share :)

Someone needs to record sethos if he starts raging over VOIP if anyone is in a game with him and up to youtube and share :)

Maybe I should do that myself, make weekly shows ... I see potential.

Anyone having issues installing on Windows 7 64bit? I am getting an error about VC8 Runtime cannot install or something :(

No issues here on Windows 7 x64. Then again, I have the Steam version.

Anyone have an extra PC beta key or know where I can get one?

As far as I'm aware, the beta is limited to people that pre-ordered the game. You might be able to get a beta key elsewhere but I doubt it.