Gundam Discussion Thread

I believe that most of them are just High Grade though.

c2jqJcjJ8CuQon1K.ZrvyA.jpg

2Rd0c97TQLfPFb.N7baJIA.jpg

Just drooling right now.. haha. Really cannot wait to add it to my collection.

AGE-2 and AGE-3 remind me of Zeta and ZZ in a way. :p

Lol, they look nothing like Zeta to be honest :p AGE-3 looks like ZZ and AGE-2 looks more like Gundam 00, imo.

Lol, they look nothing like Zeta to be honest :p AGE-3 looks like ZZ and AGE-2 looks more like Gundam 00, imo.

I'm actually referring to the functionality of converting to flight mode and 2 piece assembles. :p

Ah, when you put it like that you're right :p It's too bad though that the 3 main suits from Gundam AGE are basically copies of the original Gundam, Zeta (in a way) and ZZ. Though it's not as bad as what they did with the first half of Gundam SEED in which they just copied the original Gundam series.

I don't think it's a direct copy.. more of a Homage to the Originals I'd say.

In both stories they have to run from the enemy and during that run encounter the enemy until they are accepted by the good guys. Oh well, the original still beats SEED :p

But Seed's machines are more advanced aren't they? lol. Impulse Destiny ftw. LOL

That's not the point though plus both Universes are different. In the original series they were at the start of using mobile suits in wars. Also, Impulse Destiny is from SEED Destiny which wasn't like the original series.

That's not the point though plus both Universes are different. In the original series they were at the start of using mobile suits in wars. Also, Impulse Destiny is from SEED Destiny which wasn't like the original series.

Speaking of Advanced, I guess you could say, anything with a GN Drive is more advanced. But as far as originality, MSG will always be the greatest. :p

But Gundam 00 was nothing like Mobile Suit Gundam though, haha. That show was more like Gundam Wing, which wasn't anything like MSG either. But yeah, GN Drives are is probably the most advanced technology. On second thought, I think that a Psycho-Frame might be even more advanced. A GN Drive is merely a generator system for the Gundam whereas the Psycho-Frame was nano technology build into the frame of, for example, the Nu Gundam to make it possible for New Types to use a mobile suit as an extension of their body. And at the end of Char's Counterattack the psychoframe resonated with high emotions and willpower, pushing Amuro's already amazing Newtype powers to new heights, and managed to push Axis away from the Earth.

Though like I said, there's no way of comparing technologies from all Gundam Universes with each other.

But Gundam 00 was nothing like Mobile Suit Gundam though, haha. That show was more like Gundam Wing, which wasn't anything like MSG either. But yeah, GN Drives are is probably the most advanced technology. On second thought, I think that a Psycho-Frame might be even more advanced. A GN Drive is merely a generator system for the Gundam whereas the Psycho-Frame was nano technology build into the frame of, for example, the Nu Gundam to make it possible for New Types to use a mobile suit as an extension of their body. And at the end of Char's Counterattack the psychoframe resonated with high emotions and willpower, pushing Amuro's already amazing Newtype powers to new heights, and managed to push Axis away from the Earth.

Though like I said, there's no way of comparing technologies from all Gundam Universes with each other.

now imagine putting a psychoframe on a gundam with a GN drive :p whole new potentials lol

now imagine putting a psychoframe on a gundam with a GN drive :p whole new potentials lol

lol imagine, a gundam that can never be defeated by any other in the franchise :p

But if you think about it, Seed is more in the future therefore more technologically advanced. what about a Gundam with 4 Sync'd GN Drives, a live Psychoframe and has some sort of Extreme Blast mode? lol.

But if you think about it, Seed is more in the future therefore more technologically advanced. what about a Gundam with 4 Sync'd GN Drives, a live Psychoframe and has some sort of Extreme Blast mode? lol.

You're probably right, since in 00, they've yet to complete colony development.

Didn't 00 in the end Burst? Haha

What you mean Burst? You mean Trans-AM? I also figured it makes sense for the Turn A to have the 'Moon Light Butterfly' since it's probably based off the Destiny.

1278319127770.jpg

Wow, I never knew Igloo was based before. I suppose the RX-78-2 was the very first custom Gundam made for the public federation, right?

We can all dream :p

Wow, I never knew Igloo was based before. I suppose the RX-78-2 was the very first custom Gundam made for the public federation, right?

Well, RX-78-1 was technically the first. But like I said, mobile suits were just being developed for war during the One Year War and the RX-78-2 was the first one that saw battle. Also IGLOO doesn't even have a Gundam in the story.

It still wasn't my point in what I was comparing between Mobile Suit Gundam and SEED. I was merely talking about how they copied the story of MSG in the start of SEED. MSG was based off of the fact that mobile suits were just being used in war. In SEED they had already seen war, so there's no doubt there further with mobile suit technology. But again, I wasn't trying to compare both series based off of technology.

I wouldn't like a Gundam series if it had a Gundam that was so OP.

What you mean Burst? You mean Trans-AM? I also figured it makes sense for the Turn A to have the 'Moon Light Butterfly' since it's probably based off the Destiny.

Snip

Different way around. SEED Destiny (2004-2005) was made after Turn A Gundam (1999-2000). If anything, they based that butterfly thing in Destiny off of Turn A Gundam. And I believe he means Trans-AM Burst.

Anyways, the universes in Gundam are in no way linked together. It's been stated many times as well. They just develop these universes to develop new Gundam stories without making it a continuation of a previous series.