Gundam Discussion Thread

To be honest, Universal Century's timeline was at it's best from year 0079 to year UC 0096. V Gundam had lame designs for the enemy machines. It's all because Anaheim Electronics didn't exist anymore in V Gundam. If they'd forget about the designs for V Gundam and continued with the more traditional designs from the 'Golden Age' of Universal Century, I'm all for it.

Though the rumor is that Tomino Yoshiyuki's new project "G-Reko" is set 1000 years into the Universal Century and some say 1000 years after the Universal Century. Would be interesting to see the Universal Century in that time period, but it won't be anything like the current Universal Century.

G-Reko, its seems like a long time since I last heard about it.

I thought thats just a codename and he said he wanted to create something new?

Gundam or not, if its good then thats fine I suppose.

Somehow G-Reko made me think of 'For the Barrel' which felt like some hipster version of MSG to me :P

Only seen pictures though.

Yeah, it won't be a Gundam story but something new that's rumoured to be set in Universal Century or after Universal Century. G-Reko got announced last year though. "For the Barrel" looks stupid, haha :p It had potential though if it had better character designs and if it wasn't part of Gundam but a stand alone type of thing. The mecha stuff looks appealing.

999500_10151436493846326_1199264863_n.pn

Gundam Build Fighters TV Anime to Premiere in October!
Gundam model builders & fighters compete for world championships in near-future story
Gundam Build Fighters, the newest Gundam TV series, was announced at today's "Gundam New Video Project" press conference. The series will air on TV Tokyo and affiliates beginning in October 2013.
Gundam Build Fighters tells the story of new battles fought by some of Gundam fans' favorite mobile suits, while letting new fans' taste for Gunpla carry them into enjoyment of a TV series.
The series will be directed by Kenji Nagasaki, assistant director of the Mobile Suit Gundam 00 TV series and movie, and written by Gundam 00 screenwriter Yosuke Kuroda.
Character designs have been created by Kenichi Ohnuki, an art director for Gundam SEED and later TV series, with assistance from Suzuhito Yasuda.

The star-studded mechanical design lineup includes Kunio Okawara. Junichi Akutsu, Junya Ishigaki, Kanetake Ebikawa, and Kenji Teraoka.

While it could be fun to watch, this isn't really what I hoped for new Gundam series. I was kinda hoping that they were going to make a more mature Gundam series again. The OVA "Model Suit Gunpla Builders Beginning G" was enjoyable and I believe I liked it even more than Gundam AGE, lol. But we all know I didn't really like Gundam AGE all that much to begin with. Well, apart from Asemu's arc.

Gundam Build Fighters, no bad vibes from me.

The character design in Gundam AGE made me feel negative towards it but this new series feels alright.

I liked the Gunpla Builders series too.

Somehow this is like a scaled down G Gundam.

Hope its not all tournaments.

Hope theres a multi-national good guys alliance vs some evil organization.

(Well, the Wing's owner is Italian. World-wide builders and fighters.)

Like LBX?

Gunpla Builders was pretty down-to-earth, more to the real.

This should be a product battle type like Danboru Senki, Medarot, Beyblade and those card-battle animes, I suppose.

^Same here. And yeah, AGE had stupid and childish character design that doesn't really belong in Gundam. Hopefully we'll see them building/customizing their Gunpla, that would be fun.

Also, I believe you mean Medabots? I loved that anime! And yeah, it kinda feels like such anime to me as well. I thought "this looks a bit like Yugioh" first time I saw the news.

Gundam_25th_Anniversary.jpg

GUNDAM 35TH ANNIVERSARY 2014 - 2015 [info Updated 7/3/13]
Bandai President and "Chief Gundam Officer" Kazunori Ueno confirmed on Monday that his company will celebrate the 35th anniversary of the Gundam anime and plastic model franchise with two more projects, in addition to the Gundam Build Fighters television series and the final volume of the Mobile Suit Gundam UC anime.

The "anticipated" latest work from Gundam creator Yoshiyuki Tomino and the anime adaptation of Yoshikazu Yasuhiko's Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin manga will both be unveiled "sometime between 2014 and 2015."

Ueno presented an image for Tomino's latest work similar to those for "G-Reko," the codename for the previously announced robot project from Tomino. Kadokawa Shoten's Gundam Ace reported last August that this project would be "entering full-fledged production."

Gundam Ace's August 2011 issue had announced that an anime project of Yoshikazu Yasuhiko's Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin manga would be launching.
The other two major projects marking Gundam's 35th anniversary, Gundam Build Fighters and Mobile Suit Gundam UC's final volume, are slated for this October and next spring, respectively.

This is news that I've been waiting for for such a long time!

God I hate that Gundam Fighters. That is just isn't Gundam! I don't like the direction they are taking for this one. It's too much like other Cartoons like Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh ... but with instead of cards or monsters, they have Gundams ugh. 

Well yeah, that's all true and I agree. But it's kinda nice because it could potentially be a real game in the future. I'm looking forward to "Mobile Suit Gundam: THE ORIGIN" a lot more of course! And I take the Builders anime over AGE arc 1 and 3 any day! :p

I guess I'll have to watch Gundam Builders first before I compare it to AGE. 

You haven't watched the OVA yet? I thought you did, haha. The overall quality is just so much better, imo.

Fair enough :p I'm not a fan of it either but I like it more than Gundam AGE. Character Design is part of why I like it more.

Was Gunpla Builders popular?

From short novel chapters in magazines, manga, kits than OVA.

Maybe it proved that that gunpla battle has its attraction for them to embark on a TV series?

By the way the plamo battle concept has spawned numerous manga series since the 1980s.

Not sure if the series was popular but the Gunpla in the series were iconic for newcomers. But yeah, I guess it's more of a series to attract a new audience. Kinda like what they set out to do with AGE.

So 3.0 MGs will feature art style like this, not like the old MGs with the Gundam covering the whole name on the side.

6k.jpg

So 3.0 MGs will feature art style like this, not like the old MGs with the Gundam covering the whole name on the side.

Looks beautiful, love the darker aura in this version. I hope they all come out in dark & glowing colors.

I like it too! They should add the big picture thing that the MG Freedom Gundam comes with to all the MG 3.0 versions. It would make some proper wall art having them all framed up, etc.

If I was as good as this guy with custom painting Gunpla, then I'd have painted my Nu Gundam the same as this:

08.jpg

Source: MG 1/100 RX-93 Nu Gundam Ver. Ka. w/ Armed Armor DE by zgmfxg

And then I'd have bought a 2nd one because I'd also like to have the original :p zgmfxg really is the best custom painter for Gunpla, imo.

Gorgeous detail on the colorways!  :laugh:

I just finished watching MSG all over again, and soon Char's Counterattack. I like the way Kycilla Zabi gets her head ripped off by the rocket in the last episode.

Damn that looks good. The Unicorn shield though... not really. 

This is crazy. Have you guys watched Pacific Rim yet? It's awesome. 

11d.jpg

Christ, that thing is a monster of beauty. I plan on seeing it when it comes out on Blu-Ray.

Christ, that thing is a monster of beauty. I plan on seeing it when it comes out on Blu-Ray.

You should check it out .. made to be seen on the big screen! I swear it's kinda of like 00 The Movie. lol.

You should check it out .. made to be seen on the big screen! I swear it's kinda of like 00 The Movie. lol.

Haha, I will! I got a big screen in front of me! :woot:

Damn that looks good. The Unicorn shield though... not really. 

This is crazy. Have you guys watched Pacific Rim yet? It's awesome. 

Snip!

I think the shield fits tbh. But to each there own, haha. Because I don't like that custom build at all. I still have to check Pacific Rim out as well.

Also, this Qubeley looks awesome (Not Gunpla as far as I know)!

0+(1).jpg

Source: AMX-004 Qubeley - Painted Build

I'd love to see a custom painted Gunpla version with those same colors and what not. The white coating is just perfect.