Gundam Discussion Thread

^Yeah, that means it's basically the one from the series. The one from the series was apparently the prototype for the Endless Waltz version Wing Gundam Zero Custom.

I thought there was only one? Wing Zero then Hero modded it to be Wing Zero Custom w/Feathers. lol. 

I thought there was only one? Wing Zero then Hero modded it to be Wing Zero Custom w/Feathers. lol.

That's exactly what I mean, The Wing Zero was the prototype for Wing Zero Custom. Wing Custom Zero isn't just Wing Zero with feathers either, haha. It's a completely new suit because Wing Zero got blown up at the end of the series. Wing Gundam Proto Zero also looks the same as Wing Zero from the series. It's just a new name for the version from the series, at least that's what it looks like. It has a different Gundam Serial Number though.

That Gundam looks too bland for me. And the beige colors look completely out of place.

Oh right, it's been a while I've seen Gundam Wing. lol. I forgot Hero self-destructed it if I remember right. 

I like it, because I like B&W stuff lol. The Beige breaks up the colours a bit. 

He only did that to his Wing Gundam. I just checked the last episode and it didn't get destroyed at the end of the series. Odd how everyone's saying that though :/ Anyway, it's seen flying through the air in episode 49, but that still doesn't mean Wing Zero Custom is the same yet customized mobile suit. It's a completely different mobile suit.

I did some digging and found that Wing Zero Custom is Hajime Katoki's redesigned version of the Gundam. In the story it is indeed a customized version, a very heavily customized in that respect. Though I rather see them both as different Gundam because almost everything has been changed.

Also, here's a better picture of the 3D render of the Wing Gundam Proto Zero:

69618c28gw1e607q24fboj20o2104q8b.jpg

I guess it looks more like a prototype of the Wing Zero than being the Wing Zero itself.

Descriptions:

- The name 'Proto Zero' was given from the EW version.

- Additional detail & proportion have been redesigned to EW version

- Vernier gimmicks on the wings & shoulders

- Color scheme conform to the TV version

- Equipped with raster wings, which is a feature of the TV version of Wing Gundam Zero

- Twin Buster rifle followed the design of the TV version, with volume increased somewhat

- Shield has a different form similar to the Wing Gundam EW version. Front wing is movable.

I guess they just made a new Wing Zero and added things from both the TV version and the EW version just to make a Master Grade of the Wing Zero.

I just realized the Original Wing Gundam was just called 'Wing Gundam'. /derp. lol 

mg-wing-gundam-box.jpg

Then there is Wing Gundam Endless Waltz Ver. 

MG-1100-Wing-Gundam-Ver-EW-Boxart-and-Im

Then the most Badass of Angels Wing Zero Custom

wing_30th.jpg

So where does the Proto fit? 

1g2111.jpg

The MG Wing Gundam Proto Zero. I'm guessing the Proto is for Prototype. 

When Kunio Okawara designed Wing Zero for the series New Mobile Report Gundam Wing (Mobile Suit Gundam Wing), that was the original design that was intended. It was never used in the series until Endless Waltz was release. If you notice on that picture, the only thing that you have change is the booster wing, and replace it with the feathered wing, and remove the shield.

In fact, Endless Waltz used all of the early design of the mechs that was created by Okawara - with a little bit of parts removed here and there, and with variation of colors.

Oh interesting. So that Proto version was never seen. I guess you can say it's a MSV?  

If you are talking about the Proto version in that picture. Yes, it was never used.

The Wing Gundam and Wing Zero closely resemble one another in the series.

It basically looks like a mixture of the Wing Gundam, Wing Gundam Zero from the series and the Custom version from Endless Waltz. Also, MSV is actually only UC mobile suits and included detailed histories and in many cases even have detailed backstories given for their pilots.

When Kunio Okawara designed Wing Zero for the series New Mobile Report Gundam Wing (Mobile Suit Gundam Wing), that was the original design that was intended. It was never used in the series until Endless Waltz was release. If you notice on that picture, the only thing that you have change is the booster wing, and replace it with the feathered wing, and remove the shield.

In fact, Endless Waltz used all of the early design of the mechs that was created by Okawara - with a little bit of parts removed here and there, and with variation of colors.

It's much more than just those little changes though. The Wing Gundam Zero Custom from the series still look very different than the Proto version that's about to be released, regardless of the wings. Like I said to Razorwing, Proto basically looks like a mixture of Wing Gundam, Wing Gundam Zero from the series and the Custom version from Endless Waltz.

Another thing I might add is that this Wing Gundam Zero Custom:

Is better known as Wing Gundam Zero Custom ver. Ka.

Also, Wing Gundam and Wing Gundam Zero resemble each other because the later is based off of Wing Gundam and is made by all 5 doctors. Though it has a system called "Zero" which is the After Meteor equivalent the psycho-frame/NT-D system of Universal Century.

It basically looks like a mixture of the Wing Gundam, Wing Gundam Zero from the series and the Custom version from Endless Waltz. Also, MSV is actually only UC mobile suits and included detailed histories and in many cases even have detailed backstories given for their pilots.

It's much more than just those little changes though. The Wing Gundam Zero Custom from the series still look very different than the Proto version that's about to be released, regardless of the wings. Like I said to Razorwing, Proto basically looks like a mixture of Wing Gundam, Wing Gundam Zero from the series and the Custom version from Endless Waltz.

Another thing I might add is that this Wing Gundam Zero Custom:

Is better known as Wing Gundam Zero Custom ver. Ka.

Personally, I'd call it an Eagle Wing or something more sassy, only because of it's colors representing some sort of patriotic design. :)

But I could say the same for almost every Gundam. :P

Lol, it's basically the default Gundam color scheme. Also, such names only belong in Fighter G-Gundam since those Gundams are based off of countries :p

Oh I am mistakened again. Thought MSV stood for Mobile Suit Variant. But, in that case, yes it is a variant of it. lol. If you think about it, it is possible Hero made that Proto before he upgraded the Wing Zero Custom with Feather Technology. See how it is already so similar, also supporting the Dual Buster Cannons? I think it is Proto-> then Wing Zero Custom Endless Waltz Feather edition. 

MSV does stand for Mobile Suit Variations but they only make those of UC mobile suits.

Anyway, you're mixing things up again. Wing Gundam Zero and Wing Gundam Zero Custom are similar to each other. Wing Gundam Proto Zero looks different than both of them, it's noticeable when you look at the shoulders. It's also in the name: Proto Zero. So that means it's a prototype of the Wing Gundam Zero. Also, none of the pilots ever made any Gundam, it's the doctors that made the Gundams for the pilots. The pilots only customized them in the story before Endless Waltz.

That's why your theory is flawed because Heero is merely a soldier/pilot who customizes his mobile suit. And why would they make a prototype for the Wing Gundam Custom Zero when they already have Wing Gundam Zero? Wing Gundam Zero Custom is obviously a heavily modified Wing Gundam Zero in the story, a VERY heavily customized version. If anything, the prototype was made by the doctors before they worked on Wing Gundam Zero. Remember that Quatre Raberba Winner had the files for the Wing Gundam Zero? I bet that somewhere before Operation Meteor began, they actually already had a prototype for the Wing Gundam Zero. Quatre Raberba Winner was also the first pilot of the Wing Gundam Zero.

It's Wing Gundam Proto Zero -> Wing Zero Custom (Based off of the Prototype) -> Wing Gundam Zero Custom

The names already make it sound logical tbh.

I might also add that all 3 Wing Gundam Zero mobile suits had the Dual Buster Cannons so that's not really a lead either :p

I guess it's just been a very long time since you've seen Gundam Wing and therefor forgot about the doctors and such? I did forget a few things down the line and recently rewatched the series and went "oh yeah" at a few parts :p

It's been a while. lol. The Original Wing Gundam didn't have dual busters cannons, it only had one. What I meant was this. Wing Gundam -> Wing Zero Custom -> Wing Proto Zero -> Wing Zero Custom EW (Feather). If you look at the upgrades, Wing starts it off first. (ie. look at the V-Fin). 

It's been a while. lol. The Original Wing Gundam didn't have dual busters cannons, it only had one. What I meant was this. Wing Gundam -> Wing Zero Custom -> Wing Proto Zero -> Wing Zero Custom EW (Feather). If you look at the upgrades, Wing starts it off first. (ie. look at the V-Fin). 

actually if i remember the series enough (as i just watched it a few months ago), wing zero was first but was never built and the blueprints were locked away because the scientists realized the danger of the machine. wing gundam was build by the one scientist based off the zero after all the scientists split up. so i guess you could argue that wing gundam was technically "built" first, but the plans for the zero already existed

@Razorwing: Well I did say all 3 Wing Gundam Zero :p

But there's no logic in that order. Why would they make a prototype of the Gundam when they've already finished Wing Gundam Zero?

I still believe it's Wing Gundam > Wing Gundam Proto Zero -> Wing Zero -> Wing Gundam Zero Custom. And of course Wing Gundam starts it off, he was made before Wing Gundam Zero.

The story about Wing Gundam Zero goes as follows:

Wing Zero was designed by the five Gundam engineers fifteen years prior to the events of the Eve Wars. It is the ancestor of the five Operation Meteor Gundams (Wing, Deathscythe, Heavyarms, Sandrock, and Shenlong). Designed with "Perfect Victory" in mind, it boasts exceptional abilities and is one of the two suits which utilize the ZERO System (the other being the Gundam Epyon), but because of this dangerous mental interface, it was kept hidden away until Quatre Raberba Winner desperately built it following his father's death. Like the Wing Gundam, it can transform into a high-speed flight mode dubbed "Neo-Bird Mode." Furthermore, its signature twin buster rifle has more than twice the output of the Wing Gundam's buster rifle, giving it enough power to destroy an entire space colony or resource satellite in a single shot. It features hidden thrusters in the shoulder armor, where the armor splits open to reveal the nozzles. The feet also house powerful thrusters in order to give the Neo-Bird Mode extreme speed.

This leads me to think that before the doctors made the actual Wing Gundam Zero, they made a prototype to test the Zero system in. There's no logical reason to make a prototype after having finished the main suit. And again, why would they make a prototype for the Wing Gundam Zero Custom if the Wing Gundam Zero has already been finished?

Again, it's all in the name: Wing Gundam was made first. Then they worked on a prototype for the Zero system. Then they perfected that design and build Wing Gundam Zero out of that. Then Heero refitted Wing Gundam Zero with custom parts and that eventually got the name Wing Gundam Zero Custom.

Another flaw in what you are saying is that there are 2 Wing Gundam Zero Custom while there's only 1. The one with the feathers is just the Endless Waltz version of the actual Wing Gundam Zero Custom. It's not to be seen as 2 separate Gundam in the series.

Brando212 is right though, the files for Wing Gundam Zero already existed and where in the possession of Quatre Raberba Winner and pushed for the Gundam to be made to avenge his father.

It's a mess what they've created by coming up with a prototype unit that isn't even in any of the current stories, haha.

Yeah, they should just clear the air to be honest. lol. 

On the other hand, this is cool.

Crossbone Gundam: Ghost - Phantom Gundam

1013051_10151666082433648_1176159429_n.j

I thought that Wing Gundam Proto Zero is how the recent EW manga retcon the TV Wing Zero Custom design into its modified EW timeline.

I got this reply when I asked at GG:

From what I recall, the "Proto" Zero is the design of Wing Zero when the five scientists planned it after designing the Tallgeese. 

The Wing Zero we see and know was Quatre replicating the design, but from what I recall, when it was being modified for space, Heero had it modified to have the feathers and angel wings.

I don't recall exactly where I saw it, but I believe it's in the Endless Waltz manga.

I suppose its what Jamushroom was saying.

^To me that's the only way it would make sense for there to be a prototype.

Yeah, they should just clear the air to be honest. lol. 

On the other hand, this is cool.

Crossbone Gundam: Ghost - Phantom Gundam[/size]

Snip!

Yeah, that Gundam looks really interesting. At first I thought it was utterly crap when they posted this image of it:

1b.jpg

That's the manga version and it looks horrible like that, lol.

Yup the mecha in the Crossbone manga have that roundish dated feel.

On that picture of the book cover the best thing is the title logo :P

Wonder when will somebody officially extend the UC era beyond V Gundam?

To be honest, Universal Century's timeline was at it's best from year 0079 to year UC 0096. V Gundam had lame designs for the enemy machines. It's all because Anaheim Electronics didn't exist anymore in V Gundam. If they'd forget about the designs for V Gundam and continued with the more traditional designs from the 'Golden Age' of Universal Century, I'm all for it.

Though the rumor is that Tomino Yoshiyuki's new project "G-Reko" is set 1000 years into the Universal Century and some say 1000 years after the Universal Century. Would be interesting to see the Universal Century in that time period, but it won't be anything like the current Universal Century.