Gundam Discussion Thread

http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2013/06/mg-1100-nu-gundam-ver-ka-customized_20.html

Man that is clean. Is yours in yet Jam? I'm looking forward for you to complete it :D Did you finish doing your decals on your Zeta yet? Updates? 

One of the sexiest colorways I've ever seen! I'll hopefully start building MG's after I get my new apartment set up.  :laugh:

Snip!

http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2013/06/mg-1100-nu-gundam-ver-ka-customized_20.html

Man that is clean. Is yours in yet Jam? I'm looking forward for you to complete it :D Did you finish doing your decals on your Zeta yet? Updates?

That's a sweet looking mod!

Haha, I already made a post about receiving the Nu Gundam ver. Ka here :p

I'm going to start building it in about 2 weeks, then I'll also have the Micro-Sol solution and new markers for panel lining. Though the decals of the Nu Gundam ver. Ka will take a whole afternoon I think. They're all waterslide decals except for the silver stickers that go behind the green parts.

I haven't put the decals onto the 2nd Zeta yet because I have to un-transform it which I don't really like doing. It's hard to transform it into Waverider form perfectly and right now, it's transformer perfectly, haha.

Lol, I never transform my Gundams. /Looks at Unicorn. haha. anywhoo. I have a feeling 'Snow White' will be like Repair Exia. haha. 

1f333.jpg

^It would be a huge letdown if it is. It can't be anything like an Exia Repair btw, because both Wing Gundam and Wing Gundam Zero got blown up in the series.

Also, I'm sure that the transformation of the Unicorn Gundam is way easier than that of the Zeta Gundam, haha.

I don't know man, the Unicorn is pretty fragile. especially the waist part in NT-D (Destroy) mode. 

Just like with the Zeta Gundam. And with the transformation of the Zeta Gundam there's a hard part where you have to put both wings into the shield and somehow click the shield into a hook that easily moves aside. Spend several times getting that right. And the arms also have to fit perfectly into the wings, otherwise the wings are pushed down.

With the Unicorn Gundam it's just opening stuff up, shifting things.

With the Unicorn Gundam it's just opening stuff up, shifting things.

It'd be nice if the Unicorn/Banshee models lights up inside in their NT-D forms. Unless we already do have 'em in the HG.  :laugh:

Lol, don't you mean MG? Because MG would be more likely to get such a feature. But alas, it's not added to the MG officially, only though modding. The RX-93 Nu Gundam ver. Ka has silver stickers behind the green parts though so that it shines more when light is being cast on the psycho frame. I wonder Razorwing, does the Unicorn also come with such stickers?

Lol, don't you mean MG? Because MG would be more likely to get such a feature. But alas, it's not added to the MG officially, only though modding. The RX-93 Nu Gundam ver. Ka has silver stickers behind the green parts though so that it shines more when light is being cast on the psycho frame. I wonder Razorwing, does the Unicorn also come with such stickers?

lol yea I meant to say MG, I've been running through a lot of Acronyms while coding lately. :p

You know, I've always wondered if anyone has ever worked on an OS based on Gundam, even something similar to Veda.

No, the Unicorn doesn't have that. The Red is already in some sort of glow colour already. 

As for the new BF Gundam.. It' growing on me, at least the head so far. 

1gg2z.jpg

The green of the Nu Gundam also has a sort of glow color to it but it's a darker color. Plus, I guess the silver works better on the Nu Gundam because the Gundam itself is darker than the Unicorn. So the green color isn't really that noticeable without the silver.

The head is the only thing I like about that new Gundam. The rest is just a mish/mash of other Gundam so I'm going to wait till we see the actual Gundam before I pass my judgement. Right now I kinda dislike it.

I'm not sure what silver/green you are talking about .. can you show me? The Unicorn does not have it for sure. lol. 

I know the Unicorn doesn't have green parts, lol. The RX-93 Nu Gundam ver. Ka has an open psycho frame as well. There are parts all over the mobile suit that can open up to show the psycho frame. Though unlike the Unicorn, Nu Gundam has a psycho frame originally emitting green light. At the end of Char's Counterattack it emits all the colors of the rainbow though, which is something that Unicorn Gundam is going to be doing as well in episode 7.

You can see the green parts here:

Toytoyou-Gundam-model-image-RX-93-Nu-Gun

mg-rx-93-nu-gundam-ver-ka-review-52.jpg

Though they added silver stickers to put behind the green parts because as you can see, the color green is pretty dark. With the silver the green parts shine more which is a nice touch tbh.

So my question was if the Unicorn Gundam also had silver stickers behind the red parts so that they shine more. But I guess not because I can't see them on any MG Unicorn Gundam.

Where did I say that? :p I just looked up some MG Unicorn Gundam on Google and didn't see any silver decals.

Though they added silver stickers to put behind the green parts because as you can see, the color green is pretty dark. With the silver the green parts shine more which is a nice touch tbh.

So my question was if the Unicorn Gundam also had silver stickers behind the red parts so that they shine more. But I guess not because I can't see them on any MG Unicorn Gundam.

One way to do the silver is maybe spraying silver paint at the underside of the clear green piece.

Another way is to spray the whole piece silver then spray some clear green over the silver.

Another way is the paint silver on the surface the clear green piece is going to be fixed onto.

Well, the Gundam comes with silver stickers so I'm just going to use those. It's not so much that the green pieces need silver behind them, it's that the silver stickers make the green pieces shiny and reflect light. I only asked Razorwing if the Unicorn had such stickers as well because of the similar feature. Also, paint would probably ruin the effect that the psycho-frame has because it would be come a flat piece. Currently it's made to look see through, like it's not a mechanical piece but more of a radiating psycho-frame.

Thanks for the tips though :)

It's nice mod but not a nice version of the Hi-? Gundam.

The original Nu ver. Ka looks better imo. It's the colors that put me off because the blue looks too purple. The difference in design between Nu Gundam and Hi-? Gundam is what made them both look good. Now they took the Nu ver. Ka Gundam and gave it a different color. The only thing that makes it a Hi-? Gundam is the backpack with the funnels.

^Yeah, that means it's basically the one from the series. The one from the series was apparently the prototype for the Endless Waltz version Wing Gundam Zero Custom.