Gundam Discussion Thread

You're probably right, since in 00, they've yet to complete colony development.

That would mean that they're further with technology in Mobile Suit Gundam as well because they've got colonies but not advanced mobile suits. So what you're saying doesn't really make sense in that respect. In Anno Domini (Gundam 00's Universe) they just simply haven't build colonies because they had no need for it but certainly do have the tech. for it.

@Razorwing: I also still wonder why you think that Turn A Gundam is based off of the Destiny Gundam because there's not a single way for how that is possible.

Was just trying to figure the Origins of it. They both looks so similar. (Wings of Light wise)

Yeah, but how can Turn A Gundam be based off of Destiny Gundam if Turn A Gundam was made 5 years before it :p If anything, Destiny Gundam's 'Wings of Light' would be based off of Turn A Gundam's 'Moon Light Butterfly' since it was a popular things amongst fans in Turn A Gundam.

The Wings of Light thing etc all originates from the original Zeta Gundam and Chars Counter Attack anyways. They're just using a different shape for it since they're not using a Psycho-Frame, but thruster in wings.

Believe me, SEED and SEED Destiny are good series but not much in it is as original as you sometimes make it seem to be :p

I was making a choice between Nu and Mk-II to be honest. I wanted to have the titans (well titans in my opinion) of the Universal Century on 1 shelf before investing in other Gunpla :p And Nu Gundam looks way better than Sinanju Stein. Sinanju Stein looks awesome, don't get me wrong. But compared with Nu Gundam ver. Ka it looks a bit plain.

Nu Gundam ver. Ka is going to look badass though. Specially when I have my room renovated and done because it'll be on proper display then.

And I know you still like SEED and SEED Destiny :p Was just pointing out that flaw.

I think you need to do this Jam. (excuse the Destiny and Strike Rouge) lol.

64.jpg

^Haha, that would be expensive but it does look bloody epic. It's a pain to transform the MG 1/100 though so I can't imagine how it must be to try and keep the RG version half transformered without dangling pieces :p

That would mean that they're further with technology in Mobile Suit Gundam as well because they've got colonies but not advanced mobile suits. So what you're saying doesn't really make sense in that respect. In Anno Domini (Gundam 00's Universe) they just simply haven't build colonies because they had no need for it but certainly do have the tech. for it.

So I've been watching 00 again as always, and I just realized that they've already had colonies, just not in certain places, nor was it a popular topic to even realize. Remember the Super Soldier facility.

You mean the the Human Reform League's Quanqiu Bernal Sphere-type colony? Yeah, forgot about that one. And Celestial Being's Krung Threp for Gundam manufacturing is also seen as a colony and the Union also had a colony. Though what I meant with that post is that they didn't have any colonies as we know colonies in Gundam. Structures in space habitable for humans/animals etc. to live in instead of on earth. Like an extension of earth. Personally I don't really see the colonies in Gundam 00 as colonies in that respect.

From Gundam Wiki:

There is only few information mentioned about space colonies in the Gundam 00 timeline, most colonies being known are located at L3 and from beyond the asteroid belt. The only known colonies being Krung Threp which the the Gundams are manufactured and tested, the HRL's Quanqiu Bernal Sphere-type colony connected to a solar power collection satellite as the home to Supersoldier developmental facility and a Union's colony. By 2312, another colony is created from beyond the asteroid belt after the Earth Sphere Federation was found.

Other than the main purposes the colonies are built for, the A-laws under ESF sends rebels, especially Kataron members, to work under high gravity deep within the colony. In episode 8 of the second season, it hints the A-laws tend to send rebels to space colonies.

There is evidence some colonies are built for many years but forbidden by a treaty drafted during the Solar Conflict.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the funny thing is that.. that never happened in the show. They had it one piece at  a time, not all on at once. Also, apparently there is a new 'Gundam BF' series being announced on July 2nd. 

Yeah, they also showed a 1/144 Gundam for it. It looks so un-inspirational. It's a mishmash of SEED Gundam:

1g2323.jpg

1111.jpg

The later image is a fan created image I bet. I don't really like this Gundam tbh. I mean the head looks great, but that's it. I really hope they stop copying/mixing Gundams for future projects :/

Also, my Nu Gundam arrived last weekend. Haven't started building it yet though because I need a Micro-Sol solution for the decals. It has like, 50 waterslide decals which I didn't know before I bought the kit. I thought they'd be normal decals. But oh well, at least this means the decals will look pretty real without the shiny parts of the usual decals.

Wow, that looks terrible. Please don't tell me those are not off the Freedom >.< Micro-Sol solution? what does that do? I've never used any solutions to do my decals. 

^Neither have I, but that's because these are special waterslide decals. They don't use them very much and I believe they're only used on ver. Ka models. You need to put Micro-Sol on the surface and then soak the decal in water for 12 seconds, and then you slide them onto the surface with a q-tip. Tricky as hell, haha.

I'm just saddened by the fact that they're copying previous Gundams again. This all started with Gundam AGE. Well, Gundam 00 to be honest with the 0 Gundam. But with AGE is was just over the top.

782240450.jpg

I wonder if it will have any decals. lol. Speaking of AGE, Is Memory of Eden showing on TV? or Direct to Blu Ray? Cause all I could find it was going on Blu Ray. 

^Makes sense for it to go to Blu-Ray and DVD since it's more of a retelling/extended version of the 2nd arc.

Also, I was going to post this for you:

4a.jpg

That's a nice pose for it.

Goddamn.. I wonder did they mod it? I don't think it will snap in place? But Goddamn that is BEASTLY. 

Scratch that, apparently it is actually included with the MG AG2-DB kit. 

60.jpg

61.jpg

although my question is.. how does it fit.. hmm 

1.jpg

Are you talking about the Action Base snapping into place? Because action bases come with several ways to put a Gundam on it. Also, I highly doubt that they'll add a Action Base like the white one with the kit. It's a regular Action Base which they sell separately and I believe there isn't a single Gunpla that has an action base like that included. You're likely more likely to get the one that comes with Gundam 00 QAN [T] which is rather small and unstable.

No, I was talking about the AGE-2 Normal "Wings". It's included in the runner, so you can actually add them on. But I don't see any hole there on the side to insert them.. I may think you have to manually drill a hole through it to make it fit. 

20130613_1228682.jpg

I found it.. it's the two M plate runners at the bottom. I'd say it was intentional. 

20130613_1228685.jpg

Yeah, and then they just snap into the black parts behind the white armor. Makes sense that they made it intentional :p

Didn't know you meant the wings because you didn't mention them earlier, haha. Plus I didn't notice the wings either :p

Yeah I didn't know till I found the part on the runner. I need to get my hands on this soon! 

Haha, good luck :p I wonder if it has any decals though. They might be going the 00 route, which didn't have as many decals as UC Gunpla I believe.