Atlas2 enabled as default

Which particular menu options are you using that now are slightly harder to find? If you let us know, we can think about changing it. If you just complain but without explaining what you problem actually is, then there's nothing we can do.

I found it more efficient having all of the tabs on the top right. Those were the most frequently used for me, including Spy. I find it less efficient hovering over drop downs (that clutter the appearance, cover up your screen space as you hover) that bring up additional menus ,and look like inline hover ads when yo do hover over them.

The KISS of the previous theme was better. A prime example is your mobile theme on the iPhone. Very fast, less clutter without stuff popping up on your screen.

Just my 2 cents.

This exactly, at the moment it just looks like senseless whining because it got changed. The only links I click on are 'News,' 'Community,' and the forum navigation between the header and Mini Spy.

Senseless whining? Who are you again? I have been here through numerous themes and never complained over the past 7 years until now. Maybe you should know posting history before you comment.

This exactly, at the moment it just looks like senseless whining because it got changed. The only links I click on are 'News,' 'Community,' and the forum navigation between the header and Mini Spy.

Also, it's not even like it takes any extra clicks to find the other options. I'd wager it actually takes the same amount of mouse movement to hover over 'Resources' and select the option as it does to move the mouse to the navigation bar and click 'Spy'

Seems the that the intellitxt ads are back! I'm logged in and i still get them.

[...]

cry.gif

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/907524-disabling-in-text-ads-on-neowin/ :)

I had some initial reservations, but I'll get used to it :) . Its pretty finger friendly in the full version too, though the drop downs are a pain for finger input with normal mouse mode selected.

I love the new text options too.

Also, it's not even like it takes any extra clicks to find the other options. I'd wager it actually takes the same amount of mouse movement to hover over 'Resources' and select the option as it does to move the mouse to the navigation bar and click 'Spy'

So far, not in my experience.

The new home page looks amazing! It looks very neat! Thank you to your creative designer and all the rest behind this update. =) Love it!

Either way 'View New Content' is more effective than Spy to me.

Well that is great news for YOU. But you are not everyone.

BTW, the thread title says "by default". So I can go back to Atlas 1 I presume?

No.

Main page should be alot faster too. Went from using like 20 images (partly sprites) to 2 (logo + 1 big ass sprite) :p

I noticed you've done that, that will make a big difference to load times. :D

neowin already make billion dollar sell windows, is that enough for you greedy pigs? i dont wan microsof visula studio 2010 program downloa to my computer each time i post for this site, damn?.!! :x

please take commercial away every great but not the microsoft program

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LEAVE......qUIT YOUR FREAKIN WHINING

[...]

Who are you again? I have been here through numerous themes and never complained over the past 7 years until now. Maybe you should know posting history before you comment.

It doesn't matter how long one has been here. Everybody's opinion should be held with the same value.

post-2-12757559861234.png

^ Hmm ... ^

I'm really not convinced about the new menubar, in terms of usability that is... I opened the homepage earlier like I do everyday, to checkout the headlines before going into the forum, then I intended on clicking on the 'forum' link, but couldn't find it, and it stumped me for a minute or so, where the hell was it... The latest posts menu that pops up on hovering over 'community' is what threw me, that's all I thought it ('Community') did, until I realized that you could also click on it itself. I'm very tech/web savvy, and I had a problem, so I worry how many others are going to run into this.

Personally I really don't care for having this 'latest forum/blog activity' list appear here, I'd MUCH rather a simple 'Forum' or 'Community' link going to the forum instead. The latest forum/blog activity is already displayed on the page anyway, in a much better place. If that's here to stay though, then something needs to be done to highlight the fact that the menu items are links themselves, because it really doesn't come across and imo is a big problem with the design! Perhaps having the white 'selected tab' background appear on hover might simply be enough, I don't know, it'd probably be a good idea to do a little actual usability testing with a few non-tech-savvy users.

The 'Resources' menu is perfect, since 'Resources' itself is no a link, so no confusion to be made. The profile menu great, however suffers from the same issue in that it itself is a link, it would be better to move the profile link to an additional 'Profile'/'My Profile' item in that menu, or at least duplicate it there, then it would be perfect too.

Also, 'Files', I'm really disliking this, neowin's not hosting any 'files', it's not even about 'files', it's about software, and it's actually 'news'. I realise 'Files' is much shorter than something like 'Latest Software News', but I'd really prefer something else like just 'Software'...

sorry to be a pain :p

Just noticed on the mobile site, the three links News, Forum and Blogs aren't there.

I'm using a HTC Hero (Android)

Also, 'Files', I'm really disliking this, neowin's not hosting any 'files', it's not even about 'files', it's about software, and it's actually 'news'. I realise 'Files' is much shorter than something like 'Latest Software News', but I'd really prefer something else like just 'Software'...

This space. Watched it should be.

Dunno why I felt like a yoda moment just then :p

This theme is ridiculous.... nearly 40% of my 22" screen (1680x1050) isn't the post (banners, mini spy, etc.).

There is less 'wasted' space than before as previously the advert was in a bar below the header, whilst now, its incorporated into the header itself, thus saving vertical space on the page.

You can close the mini-spy as always, if you don't like it.