spacer

The game looks incredible, but my interest in it is moot. As soon as I read that Skyrim's leveling system is going to be fundamentally similar to Oblivion's and Fallout's, I lost all interest.

Draken

that 5670 will be more than enough. i'm getting the 360 version and that's not even close to a 5670, i'll still be happy. if you have the cash, upgrade, otherwise, stick with the 5670. can't believe it's been like six years almost since Oblivion!

yup 6 years and I never uninstalled it! I keep playing it once in a while, the immersion is unmatched :yes:

neoadorable

wow you really like this game! i'm sure you're going to be head over heels in love with Skyrim, it looks a lot better than Oblivion to be honest...

Draken

wow you really like this game! i'm sure you're going to be head over heels in love with Skyrim, it looks a lot better than Oblivion to be honest...

Since Arena they keep going better :D

compl3x

I seen some gameplay of this on destructoid podcast and almost shat myself. This game looks like it is going to be badass, and steal many hours of my life. . . Although, to be fair, I wasn't using them for anything else interesting anyway. ;)

neoadorable

self depracating humor is always nice. and any time spent happy is not time lost, so long as you don't bother anyone else enjoying yourself.

M4nB3arP1g

I haven't watched any videos on this but I hope this game feels more like Morrowind or Fallout 3/NV then Oblivion because I hated Oblivion. I will have time to read people opinions anyway because I wont be picking it up till Christmas.

nominak

I hope it doesnt come with game breaking bugs.

DigitalE

BEGIN discussion of Graphic Card upgrade NAO!

I have a second GTX 460 on the way so I can SLI with my first one :)

xendrome

I have a second GTX 460 on the way so I can SLI with my first one :)

I have GTX 470 SLI's, should be good to go :)

• 1 month later...
Yusuf M.
Digitalx

this is certainly next game I'm looking forward to. I hope can fight dragons in your under pants.

.Markus

Well excited for this one, that short clip posted above is just frigging awesome!

alphaomegainfinity

PC Version System Requirements released

Recommended Specs

• Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
  • Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
  • 4GB System RAM
  • 6GB free HDD space
  • DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher).
  • DirectX compatible sound card
  • Internet access for Steam activation

Minimum Specs

• Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
  • Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
  • 2GB System RAM
  • 6GB free HDD Space
  • Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
  • DirectX compatible sound card
  • Internet access for Steam activation

http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/10/25/skyrim-system-requirements-announced/

+jamesyfx

I have never been so excited about a game before, it's a bit mad.

Oblivion has been part of my life for the best part of 5 years, and that will be coming to an end very soon. Cannot wait for Skyrim. I paid in full for the pre-order like a month ago. xD

alphaomegainfinity

However something isnot right here.. Only 6 GB HDD space? What about high resolution textures??

Lingwo

Bethesda will release a statement and apologize and say it is actually 60GB!

The HDD requirement is quite low actually.

Finally pre-ordered it yesterday, i was tempted with the collectors edition but decided against it at the end of the day i would be paying £130 for a plastic dragon. Not worth it at all.

• Like 1
+jamesyfx

I was tempted by the collectors edition too, simply because I know I'd play the game to absolute death for years to come, and I'd want to get a special edition of some kind. But what would I do with that dragon? *laughs*

Twisp

However something isnot right here.. Only 6 GB HDD space? What about high resolution textures??

Seems about right for a console port.

Tharp Daddy

I'll be grabbing the 360 version first, as most of my friends will be getting it on there. Later on, when i've run out of things to do, i'll pick up the PC version for the modding ability. It's been a long time since i've looked forward to a game this much. I'm so torn on what type of character to make, i'm debating between sword and spell combo, an archer, and a pure mage.

TheLegendOfMart

HD Textures might come in a patch or something.

alphaomegainfinity

I doubt Bethesda will release something extra for the PC version when they haven't in the past. Either they will cut out the high res textures or they have devised a genious compression software.

Tharp Daddy

I doubt Bethesda will release something extra for the PC version when they haven't in the past. Either they will cut out the high res textures or they have devised a genious compression software.

Quote that Bethblog retweeted

6 gigs: New engine & we’re much better at compression (art/voice/data). It’s huge yet more optimized than we’ve had before. And faster.
link
This topic is now closed to further replies.