I agree.

However, the game does look awesome. Will definitely buy as soon as it's released.

I was trying to post new screenshots but wouldnt let me link to them, posted now.

I was trying to post new screenshots but wouldnt let me link to them, posted now.

Just saw, they look awesome. The game does look really good, and considering the game will probably get a bit better and smoother by the time it's out, it looks good.

post-1442-0-52987600-1303132677.jpg

Yay, Khajiit characters are back! Khajiit thief, here I come! I never had any doubt, but confirmation is always nice.

Also super pumped for this game. I have quite a few games on my list this year, but Skyrim is definitely close to the top.

Needs more dragons !

It looks really great, but what I want to see is what they've done with the combat system (aka gameplay).

It's TES, almost warrants a pre-order :woot:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ?mostly a DirectX 9 game.? DirectX 11 support a possibility

Game director Todd Howard has been talking about the PC version of the game will compete with its console competitors. Aside from better quality textures and higher resolutions, he says Skyrim will ?looks the same? on PC as it does on consoles. However, possible DirectX 11 support further down the line could give the PC version a significant graphical advantage.

Howard was spoke to Eurogamer about the PC version of Skyrim. ?It scales up in all the ways you would expect. We author our art really high res. There are little things we do with all of our games on the PC. With the PC the texture sizes are going to be as big as you want to make them, and you can pump the resolution up, obviously.?

When it comes to comparisons with the console versions, Howard says ?the game looks the same. The benefit we get when you?re playing a PC game is you?re sitting this far away [moves hands in front of his face]. At home when you?re on your console you?re usually sitting six to eight feet away.? He adds that Skyrim is ?mostly a DirectX 9 game in terms of how the shaders work.?

Howard does say that there?s chance that advanced DirectX 11 support further down the line. ?When it comes to DirectX 11 there are things they get us for free, like performance gains. You?re going to get performance gains out of it versus an older version.

?But the specifics DX11 does, like tessellation and all that kinda stuff, we aren?t taking advantage of that right now. That doesn?t mean we won?t in the future. We aren?t right now because we want to author it so it looks great.?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is set for a worldwide release on November 11. It?s looking pretty amazing for a DirectX 9 game. Check out the latest batch of screens to see for yourself.

Source: PC Gamer

ugh, fricking consoles holding back pc games. Derp lets all both look the same, why the hell don't they make the PC version look better so they can finally show what PC's today are capable of.

ugh, fricking consoles holding back pc games. Derp lets all both look the same, why the hell don't they make the PC version look better so they can finally show what PC's today are capable of.

It's called a smart business choice. Cater to a few or to the masses.... Not really holding anything back though. They are saying dx11 will be out later on. But with this method, they can first release it so everyone can play it, and then use the revenue from the sales to help boost the PC side better.

I think you failed to read the part about PC having high res textures. DX9 games can still look amazing. I think people need to stop feeling entitled to "perfection".

I'm perfectly happy where graphics are right now. Games look amazing still. Story and Gameplay are more important factors in a game anyway.

Nope, an assumption by those ignorant of my intents.... I read the whole article and understood the article, even then I am still eligible for my own opinion, now whether you agree or not, I clearly don't care. Business is one thing, and lets face it; We both do not have an MBA.

I'd rather they focused on story and gameplay than graphics. Shogun 2 certainly isn't any worse off as a game for the lack of DX11 at the moment (although it is a shame AA is disabled too), and that is a PC-only game.

Nope, an assumption by those ignorant of my intents.... I read the whole article and understood the article, even then I am still eligible for my own opinion, now whether you agree or not, I clearly don't care. Business is one thing, and lets face it; We both do not have an MBA.

Don't need a MBA to know what is good for business... I run my own business, and there are certain things you do with budget and time to get things done. This makes perfect sense. You don't have to make the product with all the bells and whistles for the first release when the bells and whistles can be added on later, via a download lol. I would say it is more ignorant to think you have to have a college education to know anything about anything....

this needs to hurry lol i went and started playing oblivion and elder scrolls again .... need a fresh new fix !!! game looks great but i want a GREAT story and game play

Go to gametrailers.com and watch the latest episode of GTTV

First few mins show Skyrim footage.

amazing.

Will be buying Oblivion later next month and play it.

Go to gametrailers.com and watch the latest episode of GTTV

First few mins show Skyrim footage.

amazing.

Will be buying Oblivion later next month and play it.

That's just footage from the trailer, nothing new

• 3 months later...

This. No mods on 360 & PS3. So it's just a waste of money.

How is it just a waste of money, he might not have a PC capable of playing the game?

i have already pre ordered the game and i am eagerly awaiting its release.

How is it just a waste of money, he might not have a PC capable of playing the game?

Obviously if you don't have a PC capable of playing it then you have no choice but to get for console.

However, if you do have a PC capable of playing it then buying for console is a waste of money.

Obviously if you don't have a PC capable of playing it then you have no choice but to get for console.

However, if you do have a PC capable of playing it then buying for console is a waste of money.

Which is why he didnt ask wether to pre-order it for PC, 360 and PS3, only the consoles so its safe to assume PC is out of the equation.