The AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 driver is now available, with full support for the Windows 10 April Update, the Raven Ridge line of Ryzen APUs, optimizations for Ancestors Legacy, as well as PlayReady 3.0.
With the inclusion of AMD Ryzen 5 2400G and 2200G support, owners of these desktop APUs can finally upgrade to this release from their outdated drivers. Meanwhile, AMD Radeon RX 400 and RX 500 series owners will now be able to stream Netflix in 4K with this driver thanks to the newly implemented Microsoft PlayReady 3.0 DRM support.
The new driver also provides full support for the Windows 10 April 2018 update following the initial support that arrived with the 18.4.1 driver last month.
The newly released strategy title, Ancestors Legacy, is best played with this new driver as well, which brings 6% and 13% performance boosts for RX Vega 56 and RX 580 graphics cards respectively. Note that although AMD only mentions two of its products, an FPS boost should apply in some form to the entire GCN line-up.
Here are the bugs that AMD has managed to resolve with the 18.5.1 driver:
- HBCC options may not properly reset to default when Radeon Settings "Restore Factory Defaults" option is selected.
- Destiny™2 may experience increasing load time durations when the game is run for extended periods of time.
- Tearing may be observed in some borderless fullscreen games on Radeon FreeSync enabled displays when Radeon Software performance metrics is enabled.
- Netflix™ playback through a web browser may experience corruption or hangs when using multi GPU enabled system configurations with Radeon RX 400 series or Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.
- Radeon ReLive streaming or uploading of videos to Facebook™ may intermittently fail.
And here are the known issues:
- Some games may experience minor stuttering during gameplay when the Radeon ReLive Instant Replay feature is enabled and FRTC is also enabled.
- Radeon Overlay may not show all available features when some games are run in borderless fullscreen mode.
- The Witcher™ 3: Wild Hunt may experience stuttering during gameplay.
- A system hang may occur on a small number of system configurations after Radeon Software installation if Radeon Settings is launched without a system reboot. A workaround is to reboot your system after install.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 driver is available for download through the Radeon Settings interface, or via the links listed in the official release notes here.