The TCP Optimizer is a free, easy Windows program that provides an intuitive interface for tuning and optimizing your Internet connection. There is no installation required, just download and run.
The program can aid both the novice and the advanced user in tweaking related TCP/IP parameters in the Windows Registry, making it easy to tune your system to the type of Internet connection used. The tool uses advanced algorithms, and the bandwidth*delay product to find the best TCP Window for your specific connection speed. It provides for easy tuning of all related TCP/IP parameters, such as MTU, RWIN, and even advanced ones like QoS and ToS/Diffserv prioritization. The program works with all current versions of Windows, and includes additional tools, such as testing average latency over multiple hosts, and finding the largest possible packet size (MTU).
The TCP Optimizer is targeted towards broadband internet connections, however it can be helpful with tuning any internet connection type, from dialup to Gigabit+.
TCP Optimizer 4.00 Beta changelog:
- Updated OS detection for Windows 8, 8.1, 10, 2012 Server, 2012 Server R2, Windows 10
- Updated all settings that work with Windows 8,8.1,2012 Server, 2012 Server R2, Windows 10
- Fixed MaxConnectionsPerServer (switched HTTP 1.0 and 1.1 setting) and updated optimal from 8 to 10 connections
- Changed NetDMA "optimal" state for Windows 7, disabled unsupported setting for Windows 8 and later
- Added PowerShell cmdlets handling for Windows 8/8.1/2012/10 support
- Added all new relevant tweaking options under Windows 8 and newer.
- Added new TCP Offload tweakable parameters
- Added the "SystemResponsiveness" gaming tweak
- Updated reset of TCP/IP and Winsock for Windows 8/2012
- Reordered the settings for more consistent appearance across newer OSes (Windows Vista and newer)
- Updated Nagle's Algorithm Registry hive to include a second location
- Reduced optimal TCP Max Data Retransmissions to 5
- Added "Create Log" checkmark to "Apply Settings" dialog that logs all executed commands by the program
- Updated default URLs in "Preferences" menu to ones that respond to ICMP pings.
- Updated unsupported settings for Windows 8 and newer: SynAttackProtect,TCPMaxDataRetransmissions, replaced with relevant PowerShell cmdlets
- Removed for Windows 8 and newer: NetDMA, DNS Error Caching
- Some bug fixes and minor internal improvements
- 2015.04.28 - updated backup/restore menus
- 2015.04.28 - added MTU IPv6 support for Windows 7 and newer
- 2015.04.28 - fixed MTU setting for Windows 8/8.1/10/2012