WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
WinSCP 5.19.3 changelog:
- Translation updated: French.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1l.
- Using Documents folder when the last used local directory in Explorer interface does not exist anymore.
- Bug fix: TLS session resumption is not working for subsequent FTP transfers with TLS 1.3 when the server requires reuse of the session of the previous transfer.
- Bug fix: Cannot access S3 bucket root when the access policy checks for empty prefix.
- Bug fix: Response from ProFTPD FTP checksum commands is not recognized.
- Bug fix: Failure when submitting prompt with “Never ask me again” selected.
- Bug fix: Panels are drawn incorrectly after toggling Full row select.
- Bug fix: Timeout while uploading files to some FTP servers using TLS 1.3.
- Bug fix: Incomplete listing for S3 servers that indicate truncated listing after the contents and whose pagination is a multiple of 8 (e.g. Backblaze).
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware