TinyWall is a free software to harden and control the advanced firewall built into modern Windows systems. TinyWall lets you work while protecting you. No annoying popups and simple configuration.
What makes TinyWall special?
TinyWall includes a combination of features that sets it apart from both commercial and freeware firewalls.
- TinyWall does not annoy you with popups at all, yet it is still extremely easy to add exceptions to your firewall rules.
- TinyWall actively blocks hundreds of trojans, viruses and worms.
- TinyWall does not require you to know about ports, protocols and application details.
- TinyWall makes use of network zones, allowing you to specify different behaviour when you're at home, at work or in the public.
- TinyWall prevents malicious programs from modifying the settings of Windows Firewall.
- TinyWall uses Windows' own firewall for filtering and does not install drivers or other kernel components.
- Multiple and easy ways to whitelist programs
- Automatic learning mode
- Firewall tampering protection
- Password lockdown of settings
- Quick modes, like Normal protection, Allow outgoing, Block all, Allow all and Learning mode
- Support for temporary/timed firewall rules
- Port and domain blocklists
- Hosts file protection
- Option to always allow communication within LAN
- Option to restrict an application to the LAN
- Recognition of safe software and impostors
- Full IPv6 support
- List established and blocked connections
- View open ports on your machine
- 100% free and clean software. No fees, no ads, no paid upgrades.
TinyWall 3.1.1 changelog:
- Add option to block internet during display power-save
- Heuristically determine and show PIDs of blocked processes if possible
- Support for showing and whitelisting services in Processes and Connections windows
- Launch GUI with elevated privileges on boot if possible
- Use exact capitalization of paths from autolearn and blocked processes
- Reduce dependency on WMI and avoid polling by WMI
- Avoid creation of redundant "-" entries during autolearn
- Fix WFP audit logging is not disabled when autolearn mode ends
- Fix "active connections" and "open ports" lists would not recognize UWP processes as such
- Fix rule is ineffective if loaded while its target path is not mounted
- Fix rule is ineffective for paths with certain international characters
- Fix Bulgarian translation not loading
- Fix non-form Korean messages are gibberish due to wrong encoding
- Updated Italian translation
- New Hebrew localization
- GUI layout fixes for various localizations
- Updated application database
- Deprecation notes: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and certain older versions of Windows 10 will soon not be supported in a future TinyWall release
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware