F1 World Championship 2013 Thread

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the Constructor's Championship?

• Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Williams F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Caterham F1 Team
    • Marrusia F1 Team
  2. 2. Which driver will win the World Driver's Championship

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Mark Webber
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Felipe Massa
    • Jenson Button
    • Sergio Perez
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Esteban Gutierrez
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Paul Di Resta
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Valtteri Bottas
    • Jean-Eric Vergne
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Charles Pic
    • Giedo Van Der Garde
    • Jules Bianchi
    • Max Chilton

I voted Ferrari for WCC and Alonso for WDC. What else would you expect from a long time Ferrari fan? :p

Webber and his usual slow take-off. Nice to see cool heads prevail into turn one, we'll see how long that lasts as the points race heats up. Good race all around. Massa looks like he might be back on his game after the injury and threat of not driving a Ferrari.

On the broadcast note (in America): the move from SPEED to NBCS isn't as bad as I had feared, actually it's slightly better. Mostly same hosts (minus Bob Varsha) and showing both friday pratice sessions and no more FOX tape delay for the few they did.

Tifosi Scuderia Ferrari!

wow. melbourne has left me clueless. if 2012 has seen unpredictable races in the first half of the year, there is now no reason to believe that we can't see the same thing this year. :) it's going to be a fascinating season.

I voted Ferrari for WCC and Alonso for WDC. What else would you expect from a long time Ferrari fan? :p

Tifosi Scuderia Ferrari!

well the thing i preaching for many years now. but ok, good luck with alonso. you will need it. :laugh:

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. :p

Despite what I think about Alonso, he's the #1 driver for the team and I'm a Ferrari team supporter. I stuck with them back in the Gerhard Berger days when they were not doing so well and even in more recent years where the car was a dog. Not saying I don't cheer for the other teams/drivers too, because I do.

Also what have you been preaching for many years?

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. :p

Despite what I think about Alonso, he's the #1 driver for the team and I'm a Ferrari team supporter. I stuck with them back in the Gerhard Berger days when they were not doing so well and even in more recent years where the car was a dog. Not saying I don't cheer for the other teams/drivers too, because I do.

Also what have you been preaching for many years?

hehe berger was the reason i started to watch f1. he was the last good thing our country had to offer when it comes to f1 and would have at least deserved 1 title.

what im preaching for years is that the real ferrari fans, those grown up with berger or even earlier, they would sharply differ between the team ferrari (still worthy a wcc) and that spanish pay-driver not only kicking out raikkonen (their latest champ) but also demoting a very strong massa to n2.

the results so far are not good. with raikkonen/massa they won 2 wccs and 1 wdc (and lost one in the most unluckiest way i can ever imagine) with alonso however they only have big words in the press (samurai) and less results on track.

so i just thought, if vettel cant do it this year, and massa is not allowed to do it this year, it would be incredibly sweet for raikkonen to take the title. you know, the guy who got kicked out at ferrari and is now in alonsos "old" team. :)

Well, I'm just a fan and have no money involved, so I have no say in who they choose to drive for them. If I did, Alonso wouldn't be in one of them, but I still support the team and the long history of Ferrari racing.

Screwing Rubens out of several wins (and Massa too) I don't agree with, but at the same time it's about the points. Personally, as a amature racer, I'd have a hard time letting a teammate by when I dominated every session and race, but as the #2 driver thats what you HAVE to do if you want a drive.

Alonso is a great driver. Given what he pulled off with a crap car last year, if he has a good car this year I think he's almost bound to win it. Seb is the only rival really capable of matching his consistency at the moment and with the Bull eating it's tyres like anybody's business I still believe Alonso will prosper, even if Lotus have started pretty well.

Vettel such a petulant little boy, get mark out of the way hes too slow then nearly causing a collision with the little fight because he didn't get his way. ****.

• Like 1

Formula%201T%20-%20The%20Official%20F1T%20Website%20-%20L.png

Man of the race: Difficult one, this. I'd go with Mark Webber for the way he controlled most of the race. Shame he lost out in the end.

Reject of the race: Fernando Alonso.

Holy crap Mark was p*ssed at the pre-podium stuff. Seems like Vettel ignored team orders "Multi 21" to hold station behind Webber.

Wow Marks not holding back on podium interview, team made a decision and Vettel made his own decision and will get protection as usual. Whatever relationship they had has now gone.

I'm surprised Mark carries on putting up with it to be honest. Being in a fast car is worth nothing if you're not being allowed to shine with it.

• Like 1

At least when Horner quits F1 he has the perfect constitution to go for a career in politics ;)

• Like 2

Good race, plenty of wheel to wheel action. Any respect I had for Vettel is slowly draining away. He's behaving like a spoiled brat when he doesn't get things his own way. I've noticed this more and more over the years.

My hat goes off to Rosberg, those last few laps must have been difficult, he clearly had the speed and the fuel to take Hamilton. Lets see if the team will return the favour later in the season.

As for Alonso I think the red mist dropped down after massa beat him in the qualifying session, and he wasn't going to be out done in the race. Bad move, followed by a equally bad choice to not come in and change the nose. To finish first, first you have to finish.

My local feed didn't get to show the post podium interview, anyone know where I can see it online?

All I can say after that race is Vettel deserves any bad thing that comes his way; he's reckless, arrogant and a little child

Vettel apologised to Webber (more for PR purposes than out of any feeling of actual guilt i'd wager), Lewis applauded Rosberg for obeying the team's instructions, and Rosberg took the decision to hold station in the manner you would expect from a real team player. Rosberg behaved the way Seb should have.

Alonso was reckless, especially after his solid performance last race. Vettel raced well from a technical perspective but disobeying team orders in such a manner cannot be undone with a simple apology and he's going to quickly make himself as unpopular as Schumacher back in the day. Hamilton has been doing surprisingly well and without the pit stop error team orders might not have had to play into it; at least he was a good sportsman, as was Rosberg. Maldonado was again a waste of space and has done nothing to improve his terrible reputation from last season.

It was a much more lively race and the season is certainly shaping up to be exciting.

Why Alonso didnt stop? Because of him or Team?

I think it was him. From what I heard on the commentary, it sounded like the pit crew were out and ready with a new front wing for him when he came around, but he stayed out and paid the price for it...

Speaking of which, it's up on YouTube now, so anyone who didn't see it better watch it quick before the FIA take it down...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzUXE1g6yK8