Windows 8 PRO/ and ENT x64 and X86 VOLUME leaks!

I'm running the Enterprise build right now, and unfortunately I can't get my GPU to work properly :( None of the Windows 7 or Windows 8 drivers wants to install. Bleh!

At this point, I'm not pressed - there *are* audio drivers for my (PCI) X-Fi XtremeGamer (specifically, beta driver 2.18.0015A for Windows 7 and 8), and my HD5450 is supported directly (as has been the case since Windows 7). Networking (Realtek RTL8111D and E) is also supported OOTB (Intel gigabit PHYs are supported OOTB as well).

What GPU do you have? (For AMD, you want the latest Catalyst Preview driver from the AMD site, NOT the modified version from Guru3D.)

News just in: These "untouched" ISO's have a different hash to the MSDN ones that will be available soon. The ENT Normal (the none N one) has just leaked.

What GPU do you have? (For AMD, you want the latest Catalyst Preview driver from the AMD site, NOT the modified version from Guru3D.)

nVidia GeForce GT330M - Hybrid Graphics (not Optimus, the generation before that). In Hybrid mode (live switchable) none of the Windows 7 drivers (neither from Sony nor a community updated one I've always used in 7) will install. In Static Mode (reboot required to switch but you can use regular drivers otherwise) the Intel driver works fine but the nVidia driver (which requires a modded inf) won't install, not the ones I use in 7 nor the new Windows 8 drivers with a modified inf.

It's possible it'll be fixed when nVidia releases it's final Windows 8 drivers though.

But aside that nothing really works either. None of my keyboard controls (brightness/volume) works, I can't disable 3G/WiFi/Bluetooth, I can't install the Sony software I need. It's not really a problem with Windows 8 though, more with Sony.

News just in: These "untouched" ISO's have a different hash to the MSDN ones that will be available soon. The ENT Normal (the none N one) has just leaked.

They always do, which is why I just wait for them to hit my MSDN.

^^ you are not getting the point. It's the initial uploaders and leakers whom Microsoft can be after if they want. Normal public downloading it would be too great of a number to sue individually.

Yeah I know that but you could still get screwed over by your isp is my point.

LMAO, my ISP is still in feudal age and uses pirated stuff on their office PCs. Villagers from far off places in Maharashtra work there.

Side note, the fact that the Wikipedia app doesn't have a static search box is mind blowing, in order to search you have to do the stupid corner gesture and then click on search, which brings up a list of all apps with Wikipedia being selected for you then you search. Not to mention the entire time your in the Wikipedia "app" it has a massive static title bar with the name of the article and that's it, you'd think it would be a good idea to put a search box in all that wasted space.

I don't see this as a problem :/

A static search bar will be redundant since as you've said, you can search from within the charms bar. The hassle is very minimal, in my opinion (and none, in fact it's even better if you're a keyboard user). Using a mouse, on a static search box, you have to point, aim and click on the search bar. With the charms bar, you go straight to the corner and swipe up/down.

This is not Windows 7. Please, read the page or the thread before posting something you're guessing. :)

You can rearm Windows 8 RTM (using command prompt) I tested this myself on the Enterprise N copy. :)

From what I gather Enterprise and Pro will be exactly the same apart from Pro's support of volume licensing for corporate users.

Windows 8 Enterprise supports Windows To Go aswell.

oh you are lucky then, what some big isps do is send customers they receive complaints about notices saying they aren't going to turn over any of your personal information but if they receive any more tells regarding you they will be forced to close your account. I received a notice a few years ago and just make sure I'm more careful where I download stuff from if it is questionable but a couple of my friends have had a couple recent warnings on their accounts for using public torrents.

After the 3 day activation time is over, what happens, just locks you out of customizablilty? Everything else works fine yes?

No, you can't customise the start screen or lock screen wallpaper from the off. There is no grace period.

I don't know what happens after 3 days.

Pirate Bay and other torrents have these so-called leaked copies but don't think for one minute that MS doesn't know this. They will be watching and they will start busting people for illegally obtaining these copies.

Yeah, that's what will happen............. :rolleyes:

Personally this is the first release of Windows I'm not so eager to have installed.

I'll be patient.

Actually I agree, and weirdly I am less excited about RTM than the public releases

• Like 1

From what I'm seeing the Pro ISO images still haven't actually been leaked yet?

From what I'm seeing the Pro ISO images still haven't actually been leaked yet?

As far as I can see that's the case, yeah. We all expected a leak from WZOR last night be it didn't come to fruition. He did say they could come eventually though.

Are these images going to be full retail, or are they essentially going to be the same as the images the public would get buying the upgrade?

As far as I can see that's the case, yeah. We all expected a leak from WZOR last night be it didn't come to fruition. He did say they could come eventually though.

They are around ;) just not all over the place yet only a selective few have them. They will however be out and all over the place by the end of today.

They are around ;) just not all over the place yet only a selective few have them. They will however be out and all over the place by the end of today.

If they were around, several places I go to would be buzzing with activity screaming and shouting that WzoR leaked it, and a few would probably put up the magnet links. I might not have access to Soft-Forum but news travels fast.

The Pro versions are gonna need a key to get past install though right ?

Not sure, I remember reading that a valid key could be embedded into it, that or a Volume edition would be the leaked one (not retail) hence the same activation/installation process as with the Enterprise version.

Yar har fiddle dee dee

WIN8PRO_RTM_16.jpg

The screenshots show about 3 keys being used through some form of tool or something. It's confusing. Anyway, leaking soon.

EDIT: Ah, the 3 keys are WMC Edition, Retail Edition and Volume Edition. The Volume Edition is the last to be shown so I presume that's the one required to proceed with installation.

I found this on my digital life...can someone try and see if this really works. Im curious to see if we can use the RP theme in RTM

netload.in/dateiHHxteQ9cIE/ThemesWin8RP.zip.htm

I prefer this Visual Style from Release Preview.

It works just like the RTM, you can change color, the taskbar is slightly tranparent, the automatic color adaption also works

Just copy the ThemesRP folder to c:\windows\resources

rename Themes to ThemesORG

rename ThemesRP to Theme

reboot

Themes also works on Server 2012 after you install Desktop Experience

if you have problems to find it in Server Manager just install it via PowerShell

enter the following two lines followed by ENTER: