Windows 8 PRO/ and ENT x64 and X86 VOLUME leaks!

Yes. If you go to Control Panel and show small icons you will find it.

I am not running RT. Will be on RP at least until the public releases. I have until 1/13 to decide and at that time I may just buy the upgrade.

Isn't it ironic, the Windows 8 Earth RTM theme includes a ice berg wallpaper like Windows ME. :p

Can someone explain the built-in Flash build? It shows up in the Control Panel and you can manage its settings, but it isn't in the Installed Programs list.

It's using a build of Flash I've never seen before. Is there a way to uninstall it and then install an official, downloadable version of Flash?

It's built in as was said for IE 10 metro. You can always go to manage add-ons in the browser and turn it off. You can't uninstall it however.

What I'm wanting is to be able to do a carriage return here, doesn't seem to work on Neowin, unless you switch to the non-HTML version of the quick reply. :p

It's built in as was said for IE 10 metro. You can always go to manage add-ons in the browser and turn it off. You can't uninstall it however.

What I'm wanting is to be able to do a carriage return here, doesn't seem to work on Neowin, unless you switch to the non-HTML version of the quick reply. :p

They took the same approach as Chrome and bundled it with IE. But for users who use FIrefox will have to download the non-IE flash separately.

I don't have a problem with Flash being built into IE, except for the fact that some programs use IE and its Flash plugin to render content, and with Windows 8 RP that really ****ing sucked (it was very slow and buggy), so I'm really hoping that at the very least they've improved its performance since it can't be removed.

I installed Windows 8 Pro from the leak and I then tried to acquire a license key using the button provided in the Activation area... Well, it then asked some information for Brazil (my country, IP-related I think) and asked me to fill out a form with the price. Oh, the price... R$ 1.800,00 which is like more than US$ 800,00!! :s

Of course I did not continue to buy the key, but I wanted to report it anyway and see if you guys want to try it out and see what goes :)

Hmm does it display the price only after you click, for example, "Next" after confirming your location details? I might try if there's no risk to me.

Has anyone tried to install the Pro version on Parallels? I get the blue windows logo for a few seconds and then get a blue screen saying "pc ran into a problem," and the cycle continues. Any way to fix it?

Hmm does it display the price only after you click, for example, "Next" after confirming your location details? I might try if there's no risk to me.

It displays the price for the "key and download" and then the price for the DVD shipping. I tried to simulate a PayPal payment, but the process did not complete. There's also a credit card payment... Anyway, I don't know if it may work in the US or if that price is due to a non-genuine upgrade I did with Windows 7 Ultimate.

Has anyone tried to install the Pro version on Parallels? I get the blue windows logo for a few seconds and then get a blue screen saying "pc ran into a problem," and the cycle continues. Any way to fix it?

I also tried Parallels in my MacbookPro and it is running fine, but you have to make sure to update Parallels to the latest 7 version available. Although it is not a 100% compatible, it is working.

Oh my goodness. I am using the sample pictures from the Windows 7 build 7000 beta as my default theme and they are gorgeous in the RTM. Better contrast with the Taskbar blue color. Gonna post a pic.

It displays the price for the "key and download" and then the price for the DVD shipping. I tried to simulate a PayPal payment, but the process did not complete. There's also a credit card payment... Anyway, I don't know if it may work in the US or if that price is due to a non-genuine upgrade I did with Windows 7 Ultimate.

Odd! This is what I get:

Fe4wZ.png

I also tried Parallels in my MacbookPro and it is running fine, but you have to make sure to update Parallels to the latest 7 version available. Although it is not a 100% compatible, it is working.

I'm just going to wait for proper driver support. Although it would have been nice to see how much they improved it since the beta, there is no rush for me to use it because I actually need to keep Win7 for legacy purposes for certain software that still doesn't work properly on Win8.

If you mean Windows 8 pricing, it was announced weeks ago that users can upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $39.99. That is a limited time offer though (expires January 2013). Also, you need a valid license of XP, Vista or 7.

I have to point out that from what I've read, the leaked versions can't be activated unless you buy the full version (meaning the upgrade key that costs $39.99 only works when a previous installation of Windows is detected). There is some confusion with this so don't take my word for it. We'll have to wait and see when the OS is officialy released.

Well, I have Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 dreamspark license, does it will be eligible for upgrade thingy?

Well, I have Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 dreamspark license, does it will be eligible for upgrade thingy?

You will be able to upgrade if your licence is legit. You can do a clean install with an upgrade key by just installing this RTM copy thats leaked like normal and open CMD as admin and type

slmgr -ipk <upgrade product key>

then to activate

slmgr -ato

You will now have an activated clean install using a legit windows 8 upgrade licence.

If that does not work just install this RTM copy then put the DVD/USB in again when you have your key and click the upgrade windows option and use your windows 8 key. Then remove windows.old

or

open regedit and find MediaBootInstall in windows 7 this was here "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\OOBE" just change it from 1 to 0. after this run CMD as admin type slmgr -rearm Now restart the PC and activate like normal Control Panel -> System and Security -> System, or type ACTIVATE WINDOWS into metro search.

Also see here :) http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/bloggingwindows/archive/2012/07/02/upgrade-to-windows-8-pro-for-39-99.aspx

Would I have the option to do a clean install though?
@McKay - yes we address that above. You can format your hard drive as part of the upgrade experience.

Most likely all the above stuff i said wont need to be done, your just enter your upgrade key and thats it.

So do you think MS is gonna ban accounts for loggin into the RTM early and activating it with illegal product keys? I really want to run it on VM for development, but scared of doing that.

So do you think MS is gonna ban accounts for loggin into the RTM early and activating it with illegal product keys? I really want to run it on VM for development, but scared of doing that.

I doubt it

You can't activate it with illegal keys. Do you mean legit keys?

You mean your live microsoft account banned? the like e-mail account you login with? like just using that account with the key supplied with this ISO? If so then i guess they could, but they wont. Why ban your customers from using a product a bit early.. Would screw them up if your going to be planning to buy the OS heh! your only using it in notification mode you have not committed an offence or anything yet.

Quick Question

I just got done downloading 64 bit of windows 8 Pro and I'm planning on upgrading my current Windows 7 Ultimate to it. Will the keys you guys provided will work? Which key is going to work for me. I plan on buying a key once its Oct. let me know. Thanks

Freak180, I replied to you over at MDL.

I don't know for sure but according to WinUnleaked, you won't be able to with the default install keys. You'll need to buy a Get Genuine Kit. But as Mr Analysis says here, you might just be able to insert your legit key. I don't know.

Freak180, I replied to you over at MDL.

I don't know for sure but according to WinUnleaked, you won't be able to with the default install keys. You'll need to buy a Get Genuine Kit. But as Mr Analysis says here, you might just be able to insert your legit key. I don't know.

I know I just wanted to get a second opinion on it. Im kind of confused by that answer. Are you saying the current keys wont allow me to install? I'm not worried about activate since I'm going to pay for the 39.99 for the upgrade later,