Windows 8 PRO/ and ENT x64 and X86 VOLUME leaks!

Someone over at MDL actually managed to get the payment through using his credit card, but the key given was invalid and apparently didn't look like a normal key.

Pirate Bay and other torrents have these so-called leaked copies but don't think for one minute that MS doesn't know this. They will be watching and they will start busting people for illegally obtaining these copies.

Like ALL the times before that?

I made a tutorial for how to set a task so that the watermark nag goes away automatically every 3 hours. Some people may just prefer to restart it via Task Manager.

It is amazing how many people are concerned with this little watermark. Looks to me these leaked versions are strangers everybody wants to adopt and make them pretty.

I also made my small review of the situation.

Edited by lcg
Link removed

It is amazing how many people are concerned with this little watermark. Looks to me these leaked versions are strangers everybody wants to adopt and make them pretty.

It's called perfectionism.

• Like 1

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of the background patterns for the start screen interfere with text labels. Notice the text above the first group (it reads "Most Used" in case you can't make it out):

starttd.jpg

Maybe not a good idea linking to a page that has Magnet links for downloading

Should I install Windows 8 right now?

Will I benefit from it?

I use Win 7 at the momment and they run really cool

Personally i'd wait. Still not a great deal of mainstream driver support yet (from what I gather the ATI drivers made for the release preview are particularly bad), and not all software has been updated to work with it yet. I'd hold off until it's in public hands in September, that's when support should start picking up.

Well what about activation? still not sure until technet/msdn keys are out

Wondering myself. Can you install, then just purchase a key when it's released on technet, from within the os?