• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Windows 8 PRO/ and ENT x64 and X86 VOLUME leaks!

Vester    80

So will the pro leak also skip the part where you put the license key during installation?

With the PRO download there are 3 keys supplied these will get you through the install process when prompted for a key. (you cant just skip key entry like on windows 7) the keys however will fail to activate but they will allow it to be installed into notification mode. This mode never expires but it gives restrictions on what you can do such as editing the start screen. You can still customize the desktop and your have the watermark on desktop until activated.

neo1911    793

Pro has leaked on the World's most resilient website.

Nothing Here    450

I'm going to wait. I used to run out and dl these releases. But I guess I'm getting too old to even care about them. Also, I am a bit paranoid about things like this these days. I'm running the RP and am satisfied. Plus the RP gives me till 1/2013, to actually decide if I want to buy it. Which at this point, RP is much better then 7, so we will be buying it. Might end up buying the upgrade, but not sure.

Luke777    13

Just tried it, and amazingly enough it works. It doesn't re-enable the transparency unfortunately but the theme works and it looks a lot better than the RTM theme

Hi Javik

Can you check if the reg key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM] ColorizationOpaqueBlend=0 is there?

This key with 0 enable transparency and 1 disable it

grayscale    236

With the PRO download there are 3 keys supplied these will get you through the install process when prompted for a key. (you cant just skip key entry like on windows 7) the keys however will fail to activate but they will allow it to be installed into notification mode. This mode never expires but it gives restrictions on what you can do such as editing the start screen. You can still customize the desktop and your have the watermark on desktop until activated.

That's good enough. I'll just play around it on VM anyway. Thanks for the info.

Vester    80

I'm going to wait. I used to run out and dl these releases. But I guess I'm getting too old to even care about them. Also, I am a bit paranoid about things like this these days. I'm running the RP and am satisfied. Plus the RP gives me till 1/2013, to actually decide if I want to buy it. Which at this point, RP is much better then 7, so we will be buying it. Might end up buying the upgrade, but not sure.

The pro copy that has leaked will activate with a retail key when retail keys become available. Downloading it is legal you don't have to install it and accept the terms and conditions. It's only if you install accept the terms and conditions and try to hack/edit the OS that your doing anything illegal. At least this is how i understand it.

All your doing by downloading this is using it in a DEMO/Notification mode.. Remember the "you have 30 days to activate" or the windows XP "your copy is not genuine" Well this mode is like that with a few restrictions its not illegal unless you tamper and try and disable that and stuff.

Please correct me if i am wrong here.

That's good enough. I'll just play around it on VM anyway. Thanks for the info.

Car full what key you pick if you are going to buy it when it retails and enter your key make sure you pick the 1 of the 3 keys for the one you are buying there is a MCE key and a none MCE key. If you are not buying MCE key then just dont install with that key as i dont think you can downgrade but i think you can upgrade.

BetaAddict    107

Pro has leaked on the World's most resilient website.

If only I can get it to start...

grayscale    236

The pro copy that has leaked will activate with a retail key when retail keys become available. Downloading it is legal you don't have to install it and accept the terms and conditions. It's only if you install accept the terms and conditions and try to hack/edit the OS that your doing anything illegal. At least this is how i understand it.

All your doing by downloading this is using it in a DEMO/Notification mode.. Remember the "you have 30 days to activate" or the windows XP "your copy is not genuine" Well this mode is like that with a few restrictions its not illegal unless you tamper and try and disable that and stuff.

Car full what key you pick if you are going to buy it when it retails and enter your key make sure you pick the 1 of the 3 keys for the one you are buying there is a MCE key and a none MCE key. If you are not buying MCE key then just dont install with that key as i dont think you can downgrade but i think you can upgrade.

I won't install the leaked RTM as my main OS. It will just stay on a VM :)

Detection    2,255

You can change your lock screen wallpaper by taking ownership of C:\Windows\Web\Screen\img100.png and replacing it with another .png with the same name

• Like 4

Nothing Here    450

Your probably right. But I am not who I was before. I never bought anything. I have too much to lose. So the paranoia I have now, keeps me from doing stuff that I shouldn't be doing. This is one reason my OS of choice is Fedora. I only use Windows for gaming and now I only get my games through Steam.

Sheza    9

Your probably right. But I am not who I was before. I never bought anything. I have too much to lose. So the paranoia I have now, keeps me from doing stuff that I shouldn't be doing. This is one reason my OS of choice is Fedora. I only use Windows for gaming and now I only get my games through Steam.

Is Windows RP really that good then? I think the last time I tried Windows 8 on my main machine it was for 5 minutes of Consumer Preview... haven't bothered with RP, what's improved?

Brandon H    2,712

Is Windows RP really that good then? I think the last time I tried Windows 8 on my main machine it was for 5 minutes of Consumer Preview... haven't bothered with RP, what's improved?

a little bit of everything, especially multi-monitor support (most of the problems people had with the RP were beta AMD/Nvidia driver related)

Sheza    9

Lol, did the Consumer Preview not have multi monitor suport?

Nothing Here    450

I am not sure really. My games play alot smoother with RP then Win7 ever did. CP, I only had on for a few hours. I never used DP, so I don't know about that one. What turned me off mainly was Metro. But I have adjusted to it now. As for the beta drivers, I never used them so I can't comment. I would automatically just dl the current Win7 driver from nVidia. So never an issue for me.

Brandon H    2,712

Lol, did the Consumer Preview not have multi monitor suport?

it did just not nearly as refined or as many features

+Zlip792    478

From where to download these leaked Pro? Also any pricing info?

Darrian    253

No, you can't customise the start screen or lock screen wallpaper from the off. There is no grace period.

I don't know what happens after 3 days.

Well, you kind of can. If you sign in with your Microsoft account it will sync your settings from the DP/CP/RP builds, assuming you signed in with a Microsoft account when you were using them. I'm guessing, due to there being new options added, it will not sync your start page background image/color scheme, however.

anidais    30

From where to download these leaked Pro? Also any pricing info?

If you mean Windows 8 pricing, it was announced weeks ago that users can upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $39.99. That is a limited time offer though (expires January 2013). Also, you need a valid license of XP, Vista or 7.

I have to point out that from what I've read, the leaked versions can't be activated unless you buy the full version (meaning the upgrade key that costs $39.99 only works when a previous installation of Windows is detected). There is some confusion with this so don't take my word for it. We'll have to wait and see when the OS is officialy released.

Sheza    9

Hi Javik

Can you check if the reg key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM] ColorizationOpaqueBlend=0 is there?

This key with 0 enable transparency and 1 disable it

I couldn't find that key, do I have to add it?

wBkHO.png

Unrealistic    49

Can someone explain the built-in Flash build? It shows up in the Control Panel and you can manage its settings, but it isn't in the Installed Programs list.

It's using a build of Flash I've never seen before. Is there a way to uninstall it and then install an official, downloadable version of Flash?

Brandon H    2,712

It's using a build of Flash I've never seen before. Is there a way to uninstall it and then install an official, downloadable version of Flash?

not at the moment afaik

Detection    2,255

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Accent

ColorSet_Version3

Change that value (Decimal) to change colour scheme in Metro

Range 0 > 24 corresponding with the slider on the start screen customisation panel

Open Task Manager and Restart Windows Explorer to take effect

Nothing Here    450

Can someone explain the built-in Flash build? It shows up in the Control Panel and you can manage its settings, but it isn't in the Installed Programs list.

RT has a built-in flash build now? I can't remember if RP did or not. I just dl'd the one from Adobe and installed it.

Luke777    13

I couldn't find that key, do I have to add it?

wBkHO.png

Hi again Javik

Yes, try to add it, and set it to 0

You can always delete it again , if it don't work. I am still downloading, so can't test it yet.

This is the reg settings for areo in windows 7

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]

"Composition"=dword:00000001

"ColorizationOpaqueBlend"=dword:00000000

"EnableAeroPeek"=dword:00000001

"CompositionPolicy"=dword:00000002

"AlwaysHibernateThumbnails"=dword:00000000

"ColorizationColor"=dword:6e000000

"ColorizationColorBalance"=dword:0000000b

"ColorizationAfterglow"=dword:6e000000

"ColorizationAfterglowBalance"=dword:00000029

"ColorizationBlurBalance"=dword:00000030

"ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity"=dword:00000032

"LastDisqualifiedCompositionSignature"=dword:00232800

Unrealistic    49

RT has a built-in flash build now? I can't remember if RP did or not. I just dl'd the one from Adobe and installed it.

Yes. If you go to Control Panel and show small icons you will find it.

post-277424-0-17484900-1344184099_thumb.