Xbox One Launch Thread

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Armored cars delivering XB1's to NYC

Uu0OBrH.jpg

That's a bit extreme for delivering game consoles

spenser.d

That's a bit extreme for delivering game consoles

I'm guessing its more for show than actually thinking they'll get stolen (though depending on which part of NYC they had to drive through you never know).  They wouldn't have advertised what's in them if they cared that much.

spenser.d

thosse are not day one edition boxes!

I believe you had to preorder to get the Day 1 consoles.

trooper11

Ok, its a miracle!

I go to check Amazon's order page to see if my controller and game were still on track for tomorrow, and what do you know?  The console is now due tomorrow...

I had to refresh the page several times to trust what I was seeing. I still don't completely trust it after the weird things that happened this morning, but there is a tracking number from UPS and its apparently left the facility.  :unsure:

What a roller-coaster, but maybe I can dig in tomorrow after all. The Amazon gods have decided to look kindly upon me.

Crisp

Day One achievement

phphgz0ra.jpg

RageOfFury

Day One achievement

phphgz0ra.jpg

I hope you already used that code...

Crisp

I hope you already used that code...

Try it, might work :P

Not my picture.

RageOfFury

Try it, might work :p

Not my picture.

Ah...lol...maybe I will! :shiftyninja:

• Like 1
scumdogmillionaire

Mine is coming from Amazon and is already at the UPS facility in Denver. Yay!

Those that ordered from Microsoft that didn't get tracking info -- don't worry. This has happened to me more than once with them. Laptop that I ordered back in May that STILL says its waiting for shipment on their site, even though it showed up two days later. And the Surface RT launch -- I thought for SURE there was no way it would get there on that day as it still showed in China that morning but it made it. Their shipping is weird, but it makes it.

• Like 1
RageOfFury

Those that ordered from Microsoft that didn't get tracking info -- don't worry. This has happened to me more than once with them. Laptop that I ordered back in May that STILL says its waiting for shipment on their site, even though it showed up two days later. And the Surface RT launch -- I thought for SURE there was no way it would get there on that day as it still showed in China that morning but it made it. Their shipping is weird, but it makes it.

Thanks for the info.

Ironman273

This is where I stand currently.  I ordered mine from Microsoft:

Miami, FL, United States 11/21/2013 8:30 P.M. Departure Scan  

11/21/2013 7:08 P.M. Arrival Scan

Louisville, KY, United States 11/21/2013 4:30 P.M. Departure Scan

United States                         11/19/2013 11:55 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

and

Jacksonville, FL, United States 11/21/2013 1:14 P.M. Departure Scan

United States                              11/17/2013 1:34 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I'm in southeast Florida.

Martog

That's nice to know.  I've only ordered one item before this, and they gave me the info for my play and charge it but not my console, yeesh.

Kostas Kostoglou

I just got a notification from my Amazon app that An item has been shipped and checked it was the xbox and the status changed from shipping now to preparing for shipment! yupeeee

BoDEAN

Paid standard shipping from Gamestop...............not 2 day or next day.  It will be delivered to me in Chicago tomorrow. Cha-Ching!

The_Decryptor

Kinect is meh, the controller and native IPv6 support is great though.

BajiRav

Jealous of all of you...

You and me...both.

Dot Matrix

Heh. The XBoxOne Live event is in MTV's old TRL studio. Hello, XBox? I'd like to request Blink 182, please!  :woot: 

trooper11

Yeah, its a blast from the past! :laugh:

trooper11

At least they are sharing Titanfall info.

Atomic Wanderer Chicken
  • Like 1
trooper11

That was a nice demo reel of what is coming in the future to the X1.

I think I saw new Quantum Break footage too.

trooper11

That was so funny to watch.  Its the clashing of two cultures that makes it cringe worthy, but also hilarious.  The geek and the pop culture icon/celebrity :laugh:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Abhay V
      Xbox Family Settings app now generally available on Android and iOS
      by Abhay Venkatesh

Microsoft launched a new Xbox Family Settings app in preview back in May that gave parents a way to enforce game time limits and monitor gaming content for their children, right from Android or iOS. This removed the hassle of heading to the web portal to manage game limits and the like. Today, the company announced that the Xbox Family Settings app is now generally available on Android and iOS, adding that it is just in time for the new school year.

With the app, users can enforce time limits on children's games on a daily or weekly basis. The app also sends activity reports that help gauge console usage. Additionally, the firm has added the ability to extend these limits, something that it says was highly requested. There is the option to let parents filter content availability, based on the age rating for games – to avoid children from accessing games with explicit content.

There are also new features for limiting communication with players, which lets parents block children from chatting with players other than friends. Parents can choose to let their children play E10+ rated games like Minecraft and also enable multiplayer.

In addition to these features, the Redmond giant has added the ability to accept or deny requests for extending screen time and accepting friend requests for their children right from the notifications section in the app. Caregivers can also manage users’ friend lists.

The general availability of the Xbox Family Settings app comes just a few months after the company made the Family Safety app widely available. The firm says that it plans to add more features to the offering in the future to better help parents and caregivers govern console usage and game time limits. You can head to the Google Play Store here or the Apple App Store here to download the app.

• By indospot
      1TB SSD for Xbox Series X and S shows up online for pre-order at $220
      by João Carrasqueira

Microsoft's upcoming Xbox consoles, the Series X and S, are the company's first to come with internal SSDs for storage, but not only that, they're using what Microsoft calls the Xbox Velocity Architecture. With technologies like DirectStorage and Sampler Feedback Streaming, the internal SSD offers speeds up to 2.4GB/s for raw data, but Microsoft is also giving users the ability to expand that storage with new custom external SSDs that match the speeds of the internal drive, and now, we know how much they'll cost.

Seagate's 1TB Game Drive for the Xbox Series X and S has gone up for pre-order on Best Buy, and it comes with a $219.99 price tag. This is a PCIe Gen4 x2 SSD, and considering the 1TB capacity, it's not too far off from standard SSDs with similar specs. However, the Xbox Series S ships with a smaller 512GB SSD inside, and it doesn't support discs, so there's a good chance you'll need to spend those extra $219.99 on top of the console's price, bringing the total cost north of $500.

You can also use traditional external drives to expand your storage, be it an SSD or HDD, but games designed for Xbox Series X and S won't run from these slower drives. You can only use these to carry your games from previous generations.

Just like the console itself and other accessories, the new Game Drive is set to ship on November 10, so you can pre-order it today to get it at launch.

• By Rich Woods
      Microsoft will have more Xbox Series X and S consoles at launch
      by Rich Woods

Yesterday, after a long wait, pre-orders went live for the Xbox Series X and the lower-powered Xbox Series S. As you can probably imagine, both consoles were sold out pretty quickly. If you still want one on day one, don't worry, as you'll still get a chance.

Microsoft confirmed via Twitter that retailers will have additional units available on launch day. It's not surprising, as it's common for companies with popular products to want to offer an in-store experience to fans that want one. For example, Apple's iPhones tend to sell out on day one, but it always has a stock in Apple Stores for those camping out overnight to be one of the first with the new smartphone.

Another thing the company said was to sign up with retailers for updates. This implies that there will be additional units coming in stock for pre-orders. But of course, you'll want to stay on top of it. Sign up with as many retailers as you can, and when someone says that it has the model you want, act fast.

As noted in the tweet, the next-generation Xbox consoles are set to arrive on November 10.

• By Namerah S
      No Man's Sky Origins update out now, expands universe
      by Namerah Saud Fatmi

Today Guildford-based video game developer Hello Games rolled out a major update for its dystopian survival title No Man's Sky. The latest update, version 3.0, adds an expansion pack titled Origins to the base game. Players get to experience a tonne of new features and a significantly larger in-game universe.

Origins adds more planets with various different kinds of landscapes and terrains for players to explore. The expansion pack also brings more details to the plants, wildlife and ecosystems of No Man's Sky. Update 3.0 adds new creatures, colourful new plants, newly birthed stars, diverse terrains and unique new atmospheres, lighting, and weather conditions.

The newly introduced variety of flora and fauna are interactive and can be harvested as edible produce. As part of the new update, a few planets have been overtaken by plant and anomalous lifeform infestations. Similarly, Sandworms have also been added to a number of planets. Apart from new creatures such as wild robots, aliens and insects, new NPCs have also been added. Traders have been introduced to the game, offering wares and black-market upgrades.

During their travels, players may also come across new buildings, ruins, and civilizations. The new colossal buildings and settlements can be explored to uncover alien histories or to take on new missions. These places will also feature new NPCs and shops residing in the new communities.

As for the game's UI, the latest update also refreshes that with a complete visual overhaul, new features, and improvements made to previously existing options and menus. An improved Photo Mode is also available in No Man's Sky now. Other in-game additions include multi-tool upgrades, changes to crafting and items, the removal of portal interference and a lot of bug fixes.

No Man's Sky Origins is out now and can be downloaded by players free of charge on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Owners of the base game can access it by updating the game to the latest version. Detailed information and patch notes about Origins can be found on the game's official website.

• By Asher Madan
      Xbox Deals with Gold feature Grand Theft Auto, Resident Evil, and more
      by Asher Madan

Every week, Microsoft and select publishers discount a number of titles for a weekly Deals with Gold sale. This week, games from the Grand Theft Auto, Resident Evil, and other franchises are available for substantially less. Below, you'll find the Xbox One and Xbox 360 games with their respective discounts.

Xbox One

Xbox 360

All of the Xbox 360 games appear to be backward compatible so you'll be able to play them on your Xbox One and the upcoming Xbox Series X|S.

Which titles are you interested in? Did you pick any up? Let us know in the comments below.