vcfan

Any damage?

to the console? no, perfectly mint.

techbeck

to the console? no, perfectly mint.

Cool. Just was curious

• Like 1
spacer

I just saw an article mentioning bricked consoles after an update. Hopefully that isn't across the board.

game_over

It is pretty pathetic that we're at the point already where people have to legitimately just hope that their console will work.

It's ok because in the words of the loyalists "it's to be expected"

Loyal gamers, the only guys who think it's ok to spend an absolute fortune on a product that may or may not work.

BajiRav

I just saw an article mentioning bricked consoles after an update. Hopefully that isn't across the board.

I think that was during the DSN meltdown where some consoles were updating and XBL died.

spacer

It's ok because in the words of the loyalists "it's to be expected"

Loyal gamers, the only guys who think it's ok to spend an absolute fortune on a product that may or may not work.

Well, it's not like it's, "if you buy a console, you have to use that one forever". You get a replacement for free. Every manufactured item has failure rates. That's why they have "lemon laws". It's just a fact of life.

Showan

Well that sucks man. If it were mine I'd return it, but I'm sure that's easier said than done when you're itching to play something.

Hello fellow CT'er....

BoDEAN

Question:

I have Dish Network, and the Hopper DVR. This DVR is plugged in via HDMI to my receiver. When I get an Xbox One, how will I run the hopper through the Xbox One? All my components now plug directly into my receiver (Not my TV).

jerzdawg

Question:

I have Dish Network, and the Hopper DVR. This DVR is plugged in via HDMI to my receiver. When I get an Xbox One, how will I run the hopper through the Xbox One? All my components now plug directly into my receiver (Not my TV).

The Hopper will be plugged into the XB1, then the XB1 to your receiver.

Crisp

My Xbox just arrived and is currently updating.

The power brick has a deep scratch across the shiny part which doesn't bother me as it's behind the TV. It was just wrapped in plastic bag with no protection. Console is mint, although I can't test the optical drive as I have no disc games, I'm buying digital.

Didn't even come with a LIVE trial like my 360 did, but my seperate purchased play and charge kit did :/

vcfan

put a dvd or bluray in ( you have to install the app to play it though,it will prompt you when you insert the disc)

• Like 1
Crisp

put a dvd or bluray in ( you have to install the app to play it though,it will prompt you when you insert the disc)

Thanks, I'll give it a go when it's done updating :)

It's currently stuck on a green Xbox One screen.

dipsylalapo

I had my disc drive clicking and just got off the phone from support. They're sending me a new console so I now have to wait a week it's replaced. I'll have to be content with FIFA.

And at least I still have my 360

BoDEAN

The Hopper will be plugged into the XB1, then the XB1 to your receiver.

By doing this, is it possible then for me to watch/access my hopper when not using the xbox box 1?  If it's plugged into the xbox one, how would I only use the hopper?

vcfan

By doing this, is it possible then for me to watch/access my hopper when not using the xbox box 1?  If it's plugged into the xbox one, how would I only use the hopper?

just get an HDMI splitter. one end goes to the XBO,and the other into your TV, this way you can use your hopper with and without the XBO

edit: just noticed you have a receiver,hmmm

BoDEAN

just get an HDMI splitter. one end goes to the XBO,and the other into your TV, this way you can use your hopper with and without the XBO

edit: just noticed you have a receiver,hmmm

Seems like a hokey way to do it, but ok.

Andrew

I've contacted Amazon and arranged a replacement. Sceptical they will be able to provide me with another Day One edition, but I will be inspecting the replacement before switching.

If you're in the same position with a damaged X1 or PS4, don't settle for anything less than perfect is my advice. You've paid hundreds of pounds for these consoles and shouldn't expect anything less. I'd also do it as soon as you notice the damage to be put on the waiting list before it's impossible to get a Day One edition too.

Andrew

My Xbox just arrived and is currently updating.

The power brick has a deep scratch across the shiny part which doesn't bother me as it's behind the TV. It was just wrapped in plastic bag with no protection. Console is mint, although I can't test the optical drive as I have no disc games, I'm buying digital.

Didn't even come with a LIVE trial like my 360 did, but my seperate purchased play and charge kit did :/

Are you sure?

It's the green coloured card. It doesn't mention XBL on the front, but you'll see "Get Xbox Live Gold" on the back for 14 days trial.

Crisp

Are you sure?

It's the green coloured card. It doesn't mention XBL on the front, but you'll see "Get Xbox Live Gold" on the back for 14 days trial.

No green coloured card, just Forza 5 and a black one with the achievement.

I got a 48h code with the play and charge kit, but it errors out. Not too bothered, as I've got 2 years of gold already on the account.

jerzdawg

Yes, similar to your receiver (if you want to use your tv speakers), the HDMI signal will still go through the xbox.  Ignore the post below that suggests a splitter, the xbox will pass the signal through with being off..

+Audioboxer

I've contacted Amazon and arranged a replacement. Sceptical they will be able to provide me with another Day One edition, but I will be inspecting the replacement before switching.

If you're in the same position with a damaged X1 or PS4, don't settle for anything less than perfect is my advice. You've paid hundreds of pounds for these consoles and shouldn't expect anything less. I'd also do it as soon as you notice the damage to be put on the waiting list before it's impossible to get a Day One edition too.

Bad news bro :( We wait months for our consoles and some bad luck stings. I'll lose my ###### if anything is wrong with my PS4 next week lol.

Andrew

Bad news bro  :( We wait months for our consoles and some bad luck stings. I'll lose my **** if anything is wrong with my PS4 next week lol.

Yeah I'm gutted. Praying my PS4 is fine and I don't have to deal with 2 returns (N)

+Audioboxer

Yeah I'm gutted. Praying my PS4 is fine and I don't have to deal with 2 returns (N)

Amazon returns are usually decent, but it's the stock you worry about. Companies really should allocate RMA stock. At least Google do that, and send you out a new phone with the understanding you'll send back the broken one within 14 days. They should do door stop exchanges for consoles IMO. That way there is no credit card hold like in the Google instance either.

Waiting something like a week is not acceptable for any launch product. Slightly OT but word is our Euro PS4's are being made in Japan, not China.