Xbox One Launch Thread

Alright its done!  Out in the wild, lets go! :laugh:

Now let the impressions begin.  Since I got good news about mine, I'll have it sometime later today and I'll dive right in.

More games to play. 

w00t! it has arrived! :D

Now I have to go take it to my local 'Game' and exchanged it for the Forza bundle

Think I'm gonna open it in store, and even get them to test it while I'm there.

Nice, enjoy it Fib3r! my Xbox One is currently on a van about half a mile away, yet it wont be here for another 4 hours :cry: lol.
DPD estimate between 14:45 and 15:45 and show a map of where the driver is at the moment - pretty good, but maybe a bit too much detail at the same time.

I was at my brothers place for the last few hours playing Xbone, and I got to play KI 3, and it's absolutely awesome. The controller is awesome too. The bumpers are different, but after a few minutes I got used to them. I can't wait to get my Xbox. :D

BTW, the interface is very quick.

Just like the PS4, teething issues with manufacturing http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=720494

No need for its own topic, just watch your discs and make sure your console is fine.

To be expected, you'll never have a large scale flawless manufacturing run of anything.

I'll have to try a DVD in mine later, didn't actually any games with it :laugh:

Just like the PS4, teething issues with manufacturing http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=720494

No need for its own topic, just watch your discs and make sure your console is fine.

Not sure how you get teething out of a couple of videos. Any issues are clearly less widespread at this point than the ps4 or we'd be hearing much more about them already. Seems like MS is in better shape so far, but as with the ps4, this is to be expected.
  • Like 3

Not sure how you get teething out of a couple of videos. Any issues are clearly less widespread at this point than the ps4 or we'd be hearing much more about them already. Seems like MS is in better shape so far, but as with the ps4, this is to be expected.

Okay... What word should I have used instead? Anyway, there's over 10 videos on the GAF topic now and the Xbox One official forums has a fair bit of activity. Just don't get mad at me if "teething" issues keep popping up today.

Okay... What word should I have used instead? Anyway, there's over 10 videos on the GAF topic now and the Xbox One official forums has a fair bit of activity. Just don't get mad at me if "teething" issues keep popping up today.

You're the one who sounds mad.

• Like 2

It is pretty pathetic that we're at the point already where people have to legitimately just hope that their console will work.

I hope people get their situation worked out and don't have to wait too long to pick up a working one.

It should be concerning that this is popping up as much as it is given the very few people that actually have the console. It'll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

Though I'd say the expectation that the hardware will have faults is hilarious. That shouldn't be an expectation and is a poor excuse.

Well mine has arrived and it has some damage to the bottom side. A dent near one of the rubber feet. It'll be out of sight of course but not sure I'm happy to live with it seeing how much it costs, never mind principles. Especially since the case is screwless there shouldn't even be a tool in hand when you're near the case.

Manuals have some minor tears too and what looks like spots of blood.

Disappointed.

Well mine has arrived and it has some damage to the bottom side. A dent near one of the rubber feet. It'll be out of sight of course but not sure I'm happy to live with it seeing how much it costs, never mind principles. Especially since the case is screwless there shouldn't even be a tool in hand when you're near the case.

Disappointed.

Lick it.

Disappointed.

Looks like someone was trying to protect that console with their life so they can make sure you get it on launch day... Their blood is to remind you of the suffering o.o

Disappointed.

At least you can get a DNA test and punish those responsible!!!

Disappointed.

That sucks.  Mine is out for delivery but I am at work.  Hope mine doesnt have those problems.

Disappointed.

Well that sucks man. If it were mine I'd return it, but I'm sure that's easier said than done when you're itching to play something.

Has anyone played Ryse yet? I know the reviews were mediocre, but so were Knack's and Killzone's and they were great. I'm hoping Ryse is the same way.

Well that sucks man. If it were mine I'd return it, but I'm sure that's easier said than done when you're itching to play something.

Trying to decide on that just now.

Worry is I get something worse with replacement or I get a refurb

Trying to decide on that just now.

Worry is I get something worse with replacement or I get a refurb

Sounds like me every time I buy a Nexus phone at launch. ######ing LG.