Xbox One Launch Thread

Can we drop the whole "omg Netflix behind a pay wall why should I pay more???" Crap already? Its the main reason XBOX has the best netlfix and hulu apps around.

No.

Xbox One looks like a great console, I am interested in seeing what Forza 5 looks like in person. The only thing that turns me off is paying to unlock fundamental video steaming services like Netflix

Mine was placed June 10th as well. I was charged late this morning and my status was "Now Shipping" for several hours before I got my tracking number.

I imagine if you guys are closer to a warehouse you might get charged and have it shipped later than others. Mine is shipping from a warehouse about 8 hours from me. Although, the town I'm getting it shipped to doesn't have a UPS hub, so it'll probably take a little extra shipping time to get to me.

I wonder if there was a reason for Microsoft launching the Xbox One on the 25th Anniversary of the  B-2 Stealth Bomber

post-455563-0-85672400-1385003817.jpg

A slight off topic moment:

I have to say, after following Polygon's 12 hour stream for the ps4 and xb1, if you had only watched those for your next gen info, you might be so depressed that you would not buy a console again, at all, much less at launch :laugh:

There is some good stuff in there like seeing games being played, but I found that often the commentators we so down on the next gen launches, especially by the end of each 12hr stream. They try to put on a happy face and say it will all be ok a year or two down the road, but you just get the feeling they all want to just get away from it all for a few days.

I don't really blame them though. One of them tonight said it best that they have had to grind through 24 hrs of next gen content and its left them just drained, overdosed on gaming. They cant even be super excited about this stuff because its just an overload. At times I envy people like that that actually get paid to play games and review games, but then I see moments like this that remind me that I probably would start to hate gaming if I was in that profession.

Gaming is not meant to be a job, its meant to be a hobby, and escape like any other form of entertainment. I think making it a job makes it highly likely that you will become jaded about the whole thing and unable to relate to the average gamer anymore.

For me, I start to feel a bit of that 'depression' or lack of excitement just from watching too much gaming coverage in general. From all of the official coverage to the ridiculous fanboys and youtubers that either incite flames or try to avoid them, it can be too much. If I spend too much time following this stuff like I would say the news, it just burns me out :laugh:

Just when I thought your posts couldn't become anymore worthless

I come back and totally redeem myself

Game still haven't shipped my order, however I have an email from DPD saying "Your order is due for delivery on 22nd November" which has to be my Xbox One, I imagine Game are in the process of dispatching now :)

I still havent been charged or got any shipping info!!! I ordered it on June 10th!  Usual items for me from Amazon Prime come next day almost so Im hoping this is the case

So weird, I had a pending charge on my card for the Xbox One amount from Microsoft Store, now the charge is gone, only the charge for the Play and charge kit exists which hasn't shipped yet. >.<

Everyone's console really should be dispatched today, I mean it's the latest it can be and still make it for release. I would be complaining to your retailer if they don't get it to you by tomorrow.