Xbox One Launch Thread

FiB3R

Can we drop the whole "omg Netflix behind a pay wall why should I pay more???" Crap already? Its the main reason XBOX has the best netlfix and hulu apps around.

No.

Jeston

Finally got my tracking number from Amazon! :woot:

RevitXman

Amazon hasn't billed me yet :-(

Jeston

When did you place your order?

jerzdawg

Me either... Still says delivery on the 22nd....

jerzdawg

Mine was placed on June 10th

RevitXman

June 17th

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Xbox One looks like a great console, I am interested in seeing what Forza 5 looks like in person. The only thing that turns me off is paying to unlock fundamental video steaming services like Netflix

Jeston

Mine was placed June 10th as well. I was charged late this morning and my status was "Now Shipping" for several hours before I got my tracking number.

I imagine if you guys are closer to a warehouse you might get charged and have it shipped later than others. Mine is shipping from a warehouse about 8 hours from me. Although, the town I'm getting it shipped to doesn't have a UPS hub, so it'll probably take a little extra shipping time to get to me.

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

I wonder if there was a reason for Microsoft launching the Xbox One on the 25th Anniversary of the  B-2 Stealth Bomber

post-455563-0-85672400-1385003817.jpg

jerzdawg

I wonder if there was a reason for Microsoft launching the Xbox One on the 25th Anniversary of the B-2 Stealth Bomber

attachicon.gifxbox.JPG

Just when I thought your posts couldn't become anymore worthless
  • Like 4
trooper11

A slight off topic moment:

I have to say, after following Polygon's 12 hour stream for the ps4 and xb1, if you had only watched those for your next gen info, you might be so depressed that you would not buy a console again, at all, much less at launch :laugh:

There is some good stuff in there like seeing games being played, but I found that often the commentators we so down on the next gen launches, especially by the end of each 12hr stream. They try to put on a happy face and say it will all be ok a year or two down the road, but you just get the feeling they all want to just get away from it all for a few days.

I don't really blame them though. One of them tonight said it best that they have had to grind through 24 hrs of next gen content and its left them just drained, overdosed on gaming. They cant even be super excited about this stuff because its just an overload. At times I envy people like that that actually get paid to play games and review games, but then I see moments like this that remind me that I probably would start to hate gaming if I was in that profession.

Gaming is not meant to be a job, its meant to be a hobby, and escape like any other form of entertainment. I think making it a job makes it highly likely that you will become jaded about the whole thing and unable to relate to the average gamer anymore.

For me, I start to feel a bit of that 'depression' or lack of excitement just from watching too much gaming coverage in general. From all of the official coverage to the ridiculous fanboys and youtubers that either incite flames or try to avoid them, it can be too much. If I spend too much time following this stuff like I would say the news, it just burns me out :laugh:

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Just when I thought your posts couldn't become anymore worthless

I come back and totally redeem myself

+InsaneNutter

Game still haven't shipped my order, however I have an email from DPD saying "Your order is due for delivery on 22nd November" which has to be my Xbox One, I imagine Game are in the process of dispatching now :)

Kostas Kostoglou

I still havent been charged or got any shipping info!!! I ordered it on June 10th!  Usual items for me from Amazon Prime come next day almost so Im hoping this is the case

Martog

So weird, I had a pending charge on my card for the Xbox One amount from Microsoft Store, now the charge is gone, only the charge for the Play and charge kit exists which hasn't shipped yet. >.<

RevitXman

Yay , mine is now shipping!

techbeck

Mine shipped to.  Looking forward to it. :)

-T-

Charged for two, zero movement on shipping yet :'(

+Audioboxer

Everyone's console really should be dispatched today, I mean it's the latest it can be and still make it for release. I would be complaining to your retailer if they don't get it to you by tomorrow.

Brewzzin

Mine on Amazon is now marked as "Shipping Now"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By indospot
      An Apple TV app is coming to Xbox consoles
      by João Carrasqueira

Apple TV appears to be making its way to Xbox consoles, according to an image shared by Twitter user @Tzunami_Sapp, which has been corroborated by Windows Central. The feature is currently being tested with a small subset of users, but the aforementioned Twitter user spotted the preview program in the Xbox Insider Hub a few days ago.

Apple TV is one of the few services Apple has actually tried to push beyond its ecosystem of devices, but its availability has still been somewhat limited. You'd either need one of Apple's set-top boxes or a supported smart TV, but an Xbox app would certainly expand the reach of the platform.

Last year, Apple launched Apple TV+, a subscription service that features a number of original shows such as See and The Morning Show, the latter of which has actually earned some awards in the industry. This is likely to be one of the headlining features of the Apple TV app once it launches on Xbox, though it does cost $4.99 per month. The platform also serves content from a number of other channels.

It's unclear at this time when the Apple TV will officially be available, or if the preview program will expand at some point. Still, the fact that it's being tested should be a good sign.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Games with Gold: Slayaway Camp Butcher's Cut and Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy are now free
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

The first wave of October's Games with Gold is already here, arriving shortly after the game reveal announcement from yesterday. Two more games can now be claimed by Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members as a part of their perks. This time Microsoft is offering Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut for Xbox One and the original Xbox title Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy for Xbox 360.

Keep in mind that the latter can also be claimed by those who own Xbox One consoles thanks to the classic game being in the backward compatibility program.

A Gold activated account should be used to claim the duo using the store links listed below:

Slayaway Camp: Butcher's Cut (Xbox One)

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (Xbox 360 and Xbox One)

Xbox One Gold members who missed out on The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 from the previous freebie wave still have until October 15 to claim the title before it is replaced with Maid of Sker. Meanwhile, Game Pass Ultimate holders have five more games coming at them in the first week of October.

Keep in mind that all Xbox 360 games claimed via these Games with Gold promotions will keep being playable even if the Xbox Live Gold subscription is discontinued. However, claimed Xbox One games are only available while the account is actively subscribed to Gold.

• By Namerah S
      Torchlight III releases on October 13 for PS4, Xbox One and PC, NS version announced
      by Namerah Saud Fatmi

At the beginning of this year, it was revealed that Torchlight Frontier was renamed to Torchlight III, ditching its MMO elements. In June, the action RPG made its way to Early Access on Steam, with Acts 1 and 2 available to play for $29.99. Back then, a release date for the full launch of Torchlight III was not known.

Today developer Echtra Games finally unveiled the release date for the complete version of Torchlight III for multiple platforms. The ARPG will be making its way to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC platforms on October 13, 2020. Players who bought the game through Early Access on Steam will be upgraded to the complete version free of charge.

Max Schaefer, CEO of Echtra Games commented on the upcoming release:

As for the price, the full version of Torchlight III will be available to purchase for current-gen consoles and PC via Steam at the price of $39.99. It was also revealed that a Nintendo Switch version of the latest Torchlight title will launch at some point later this year.

• By Rich Woods
      Xbox Games with Gold for October include Maid of Sker, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, and more
      by Rich Woods

Microsoft revealed today that the Games with Gold program is returning next month with another batch of four games for Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members. This time around, there are the usual two Xbox One games, but the other two are split between one Xbox 360 game and one game for the original Xbox. Obviously, they can all be played on the company's current generation of consoles, and they'll actually be available to play on the next generation of consoles as well.

Here are the free Games with Gold titles announced today and their arrival dates:

Slayaway Camp: Butcher's Cut (Xbox One, October 1 - 31)

Maid of Sker (Xbox One, October 16 - November 15)

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (Xbox, Ocrtober 1 - 15)

Costume Quest (Xbox 360, October 16 - 31)

As usual, Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers need to claim their games between the designated dates, and if they cancel their subscription, they'll only be able to keep the Xbox and Xbox 360 games.

There's still time left to claim some of last month's Games with Gold. You've got until the end of the month to grab The Division (Xbox One) and Armed and Dangerous (Xbox 360), and you've got until October 15 to claim de Blob 2 (Xbox One).

• By Asher Madan
      Xbox Deals with Gold feature The Division, Watch Dogs, and more
      by Asher Madan

Every week, Microsoft and select publishers discount a number of titles for a weekly Deals with Gold sale. This week, games from The Division, Watch Dogs, and other franchises are available for substantially less. Below, you'll find the Xbox One and Xbox 360 games with their respective discounts.

Xbox One

Xbox 360

All of the Xbox 360 games appear to be backward compatible so you'll be able to play them on your Xbox One and the upcoming Xbox Series X|S.

Which titles are you interested in? Did you pick any up? Let us know in the comments below.