7 hours ago, techbeck said:

Little annoyed that the limit for settlers per settlement is 20.  Of course, you can increase that if you have charisma boosting apparel on or taken aid.  I have 23 people at Sanctuary now.  Just wish it could go up to at least 30 by default.

I thought 20 was the hard cap. I had max charisma (I'm all about hitting those extra dialogue choices) and I only ever had 20 settlers max, and that was with the local leader perk maxed as well.

7 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

I thought 20 was the hard cap. I had max charisma (I'm all about hitting those extra dialogue choices) and I only ever had 20 settlers max.

Need apparel that has extra charisma.  Atom Cats Boots/Pants (think that is it) adds +4 and Agatha's dress (female) or Reginald's suit (male)  adds +3.  Max I got so far is 23 in sanctuary.  Glasses ads +1 and I have a wig that ads another +1.  My charisma is not maxed though.  One more point to go.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2015 at 8:02 PM, dragontology said:

I don't think it's fair to blame Bethesda for designing gamepad friendly interfaces. Like I said, the gamepad was invented to facilitate gameplay. It's never been a console only kind of thing. Keyboards and mice don't get any kind of exclusive dominion over PC gaming.

I don't think "blame" is the world I'd use.  That said it IS their decision and they are responsible for it so if anyone IS to "blame" it's absolutely them.  Again though I don't think "blame" is an accurate description.  I'm just saying I personally don't use a gamepad on PC, not that I don't think anyone else should, not that I don't understand that other people do, etc.  I never said or meant to imply a gamepad is "a console only kind of thing" or that keyboards and mice have "exclsive dominion over PC gaming."  I personally haven't used a gamepad on PC since MS gutted gampad support by replacing DirectInput with XInput in an attempt to push PC gamers to use the Xbox controller.  Ironically my keyboard, mouse, joystick, and gamepad were all Microsoft up to that point (I still use MS mice and keyboards but I haven't replaced my Sidewinder joystick and gamepad and both are collecting dust in the closet now) but I can't stand the Xbox gamepad (again, just my personal preference I don't want to get into a debate on which controller is better) so I've never used once since.  Now, as I stated, if I think a game would play best with a gamepad I just buy it on console (in my case PS4).

The more-or-less standardized gamepad (D-pad, two analog sticks with buttons, four face buttons, two system buttons, four triggers, and a platform button)

The Windows gamepad standard is the Xbox controller since MS decided to try and strongarm PC gamers into buying their controllers.  XInput is the gamepad API of Windows and they lifted it from Xbox 360 (thus the X at the front instead of Direct like other DirectX APIs) and replaced the prior, more open, standard DirectInput.

is supported on all three HD gaming platforms. PC, Xbox, and PlayStation. Keyboard and mouse is technically only supported on one. It was supported to a very minor extent on the PS2 and the Xbox One is going to offer limited support for keyboard and mouse as well. Still, supporting the gamepad first supports all gamers. It makes no sense to put keyboard/mouse ahead of the gamepad, unless you're making a game where keyboard/mouse has the advantage, such as a strategy game.

What you describe there is called "the lowest common denominator" and in my book at least is a bad thing, not something good.  I don't want to force console gamers to use a keyboard and mouse I think Bethesda should design different UIs for each platform.  Something like SkyUI (which still does work with a gamepad btw) should have been the default UI for Skyrim on PC while the console version should be just as it was.  Likewise the Fallout 4 UI is largely fine on my PS4 (except the horrible dialog system) but I'd personally hate it on PC with mouse/keyboard.  Not everyone who owns a PC even owns a gamepad for it.  Everyone who owns a PC does have a mouse and keyboard (well I guess that's no longer true with tablets now but that's generally been the case) so mouse/keyboard should be the primary interface for PC games (unless it's a mobile/touch game) with gamepad support being secondary.  Again though I say "should" and stuff but I'm really just expressing my personal opinion not trying to dictate how things should be.  If you enjoy using a gamepad with your PC that's great! Use whatever you like, but just as everyone doesn't like what I do everyone doesn't like gamepad UIs on PC.  I happen to dislike them, perhaps you don't, that's fine, it's just a matter of personal preference.

It's not a matter of personal preference that the mouse is more precise than the analog sticks on a gamepad though.  It's also not a matter of personal preference that a gamepad has far less buttons than a keyboard.  As a result games have to be simplified to work with a gamepad-only and I personally dislike that simplification, THAT is personal preference.

18 hours ago, dragontology said:

Watching NoRespawns (first YouTube link in my prior post) makes me really agree with you. The guy makes these huge settlements, and they're great. (Really, I'm not trying to shill for him.) And why 20? And that's with 10 Charisma. Actually I think the limit is 21, since the Bobbleheads add one and it's CHA+10. But yes, the formula needs tweaking. I don't think it should be tied to Charisma, to be honest. I'm out tooling around with MacCready, so I should be seen as a jerk at best. But if my settlements offer food, water, and protection, why should you care that I'm a jerk? I don't go to the settlements that often, and if I build them up into little cities that raiders, super mutants, and mutated animals can't touch, why shouldn't they be populated by 30 or 40 or 50 or 60 people?

Speaking of settlers, how about level 4 merchants? I heard about them in a YouTube video. Turns out the Vault-Tec rep is one, and I stuck him on a trade emporium cart, and he sells some things, but nothing too impressive. And every time I talk to him, "Look at the two of us, preparing for the future!" Can't skip it, either, and I have to offer him a job every time. So, I may not have fully unlocked him.

You can technically get them up to 30 with full CHA, boosted clothing, and drinking some liquor to boost even further, then go to other settlements and "MOVE" them to their new home.  

There are four main LVL4 merchants, and four that spawn as random encounters.  The four main ones are the one you mentioned, the lady that works in the radio station with Rex (the guy you save alongside Strong), Rylee from Longneck Lukowski's or something like that, and Holt from Vault 81.  I think some are bugged.  The other four are random and based on settlers (having 10, 20, or 30 in all settlements combined, plus a LVL3 shop of what they sell [armor, weapons, clinic] in one of them).

1 hour ago, soniqstylz said:

You can technically get them up to 30 with full CHA, boosted clothing, and drinking some liquor to boost even further, then go to other settlements and "MOVE" them to their new home. 

10 ..... Initial max population
10 ..... max charisma
01 ..... charisma bobblehead
01 ..... black trimmed glasses
01 ..... formal hat
03 ..... Rex's suite/Agatha's dress
05 ..... grape mentats

5 minutes ago, soniqstylz said:

It's hilarious that Bethesda got right on fixing the caps/vendor glitch, but not the glitched/bugged LVL4 vendors never showing up to your settlement.

They show up...just sent Ann to sanctuary.  They are just hard to find when they roam the settlement or take their time getting there.  One way I found easy to find in the settlement is to wait until night when they all go to bed.  Then search the beds until you find them.

3 hours ago, techbeck said:

They show up...just sent Ann to sanctuary.  They are just hard to find when they roam the settlement or take their time getting there.  One way I found easy to find in the settlement is to wait until night when they all go to bed.  Then search the beds until you find them.

Ann and the Vault-Tec guy show up.  The Scribe is extremely hit and miss.  Holt is almost impossible to get because of weird speech check that no one seems to be able to get.  Rylee is bugged and may or may not go to certain locations like Sanctuary.  Lots of reports of people recruiting them, their population numbers grow but they never show up.  

Sheffield, though, every time.

7 minutes ago, soniqstylz said:

Ann and the Vault-Tec guy show up.  The Scribe is extremely hit and miss.  Holt is almost impossible to get because of weird speech check that no one seems to be able to get.  Rylee is bugged and may or may not go to certain locations like Sanctuary.  Lots of reports of people recruiting them, their population numbers grow but they never show up.  

Sheffield, though, every time.

Tried sending to a diff place other than sanctuary first?

The Buddy robot is another one that does not seem to go to Sanctuary either.  I also ran in to bugs during the random minute men missions where the person I need to talk to to start the mission is dead.

2 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Tried sending to a diff place other than sanctuary first?

That's just an example.  People have sent her to the Castle only to have her arrive, set up shop, then up and leave.

Just now, soniqstylz said:

That's just an example.  People have sent her to the Castle only to have her arrive, set up shop, then up and leave.

Annoying.  I need the Scribe to get the apocalypse chest armor.

Just now, Louisifer said:

Buddy Robot likes to take the scenic route, took quite a few in game days for his map marker to arrive at sanctuary.

Marker was always outside of sanctuary just over the bridge.  I stood on top of the marker and it indicated buddy was under ground.  Tried a few times.  Luckily, I saved my game so I was able to send him someplace else.  Sucks tho that the quest never completes unless you send him to the guy who hired you to get him.

I have so much power armor it is a little ridiculous

19 Suits....

Main Suites...

X-01 complete

Atom cats complete (2 sets)

BOS complete

I have another X-01 armor almost complete.  Missing 1 piece.  Then 9 other complete sets ranging from T-45, Raider, T-51, and T-60.    6 are not complete, yet.

Edited by techbeck

I think I have 8, the garage is getting a little cramped. :D I sniped Rufus with a silenced shotgun and failed the quest, Buddy still acts as if he was alive. I think I'll try completing delivery and see if I can steal him back after quest completes next.

Yea, I have to many power armor.  I also have several pieces/individual components in storage. One Atom Cats armor I stole. sine the armor was sitting by itself with no one in it.  But now, companions disapprove every time I use it.  Annoying.  The other, I just bought the parts, were surprisingly cheap, since I had a suite with no pieces.  Main armor, and best in the game, is the X-01 if I am not mistaken.  So I use that primarily fully upgraded.  Tho I do not walk around in power armor often.   I use it mainly in the glowing sea.

Every power armor I come upon, I hop in it an go to Sanctuary.  There is armor lining 2 sides of the street.

Also, in case no one knows, power armor can be stolen from you.  I recommend removing the fusion cores when you are not using the power armor.

22 hours ago, techbeck said:

Also, in case no one knows, power armor can be stolen from you.  I recommend removing the fusion cores when you are not using the power armor.

You can order your humanoid companions to use Power Armor (aside from Danse, obv), and I don't think they use Fusion Cores.

12 minutes ago, soniqstylz said:

You can order your humanoid companions to use Power Armor (aside from Danse, obv), and I don't think they use Fusion Cores.

yea, done that before...

Trying to get some more lvl 4 merchants.  Ran in to Doc Anderson twice and each time, never got the dialog to recruit her.  Annoying

18 minutes ago, techbeck said:

yea, done that before...

Trying to get some more lvl 4 merchants.  Ran in to Doc Anderson twice and each time, never got the dialog to recruit her.  Annoying

I think you have to have an empty LVL3 clinic