[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 (Build 10.0.10240) discussion & upgrade experience

In regards to the sizing or the actions?  Hope they saved some in the tank for the last app push.

Both. Right click doesn't work. Pointing at small cross isn't really convenient. Swipes are often good on desktop as well, but not this time.

So as size. Should be same size like networking pane. And should look like systray popup.

Of course there's touch UI in the OS. Why wouldn't there be? What's wrong with the Action Center?

Of course there shouldn't be touch UI in desktop mode. Controls and font should be twice smaller.

Recent files can be turned off in properties for the explorer window. View>Options>General>Privacy

Frequently used apps are just that... At least you can remove them and they don't keep popping back up like they used to.

And what do you mean by all apps being "messy?" It's an alphabetical list the same way it has always been.

This will turn them off in File Explorer. It won't turn them off in jump lists. And it won't turn of history at all.

You can remove, but you can't add. And many apps will never pop up in frequently used despite being most frequently used. And there are just 6. In Windows XP-7 you could change it.

It's messy. A mess of apps, folders and letters in a very small window. It shouldn't have any letters and folders should be grouped below of apps. It also should utilize full Start width in both desktop and tablet modes.

You guys notice any new features/tweaks since the previous version?

I believe that the only thing that changed between this and 10166 is Edge performance. 

I believe that the only thing that changed between this and 10166 is Edge performance. 

There are a whole bunch of builds between them, though. Can't be the only thing. 

Kinda weird that they also went beyond it with 10.0.10241.0. I wonder why.

You can now add Google as a search engine in Edge, I could never do that in previous builds.

Can't reply to posts on Neowin using edge either.

I've created an ISO of the build because upgrades ALWAYS break for me on this machine :(

Going to clean install now :)

?

They dont keep silent about going to RTM its a big Milsetone this is just a test of the first release from the retail channel, they had to remove the watermark as of course its not in the offical builds.

One quesiton does anybody no how I go about getting my windows 7 key back of my machine i dont think they stored it in the pc back then i since upgraded to windows 8 though with its key does that mean it should be in the bios.

Im just worried I can only install it now on one pc. My laptop has the bios cdkey but my desktop was windows 7

I created an ISO from the EN_GB ESD file downloaded from Windows Update.

During installation I used the generic key (the one that ends with 3V66T) and my build says it is activated.

They dont keep silent about going to RTM its a big Milsetone this is just a test of the first release from the retail channel, they had to remove the watermark as of course its not in the offical builds.

One quesiton does anybody no how I go about getting my windows 7 key back of my machine i dont think they stored it in the pc back then i since upgraded to windows 8 though with its key does that mean it should be in the bios.

Im just worried I can only install it now on one pc. My laptop has the bios cdkey but my desktop was windows 7

That was hard to read. Put some effort in it, will ya.

You can use this tool to get your Windows CD key: https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

During installation I used the generic key (the one that ends with 3V66T) and my build says it is activated.

Thought someone said they may not work after 29th, that is why I am wondering about Win7/8, suppose I could use the generic key and switch to win7/8 key after the 29th

Where can I find the ESD that Windows Update has downloaded?

If you look at the link I posted it shows you where they have hidden it, you basically have to set Windows to show hidden folders and then go to C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources - and you will find it there

There are a whole bunch of builds between them, though. Can't be the only thing. 

Kinda weird that they also went beyond it with 10.0.10241.0. I wonder why.

There's bug fixes and such but nothing noticeable.

As ArtistX said it's located at C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources?

I'm, er, edgy about Edge. In its current state, even given performance, the features it lacks make it outclassed. I had really hoped for the catharsis of uninstalling Chrome.

Is the (broken) Jump List feature from 'Spartan' removed from Edge for everybody - ?   Hope to see this back soon.

On the same day though? not like they could have slipped that in before they released RTM, then again, will prob be in the version we get on 29th

Apparently not. It's nothing strange with a security update.. Installed fine here.