[Official] Xbox Series X & Series S Discussion

36 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Related to Jedi Fallen Order coming to Game Pass via EA Play?

That's already announced and also specifically referring to Mando and "the kid".

There's a lot of speculation that Disney plus could be added to Game Pass but I don't see that happening past a 1,3 or 6 month trial for new customers.

A really out there theory, a Mandalorian RPG (Think about all the studios they've purchased) open world RPG being released and added to Game Pass. I find it hard to believe MS have gotten the rights for that away from EA but just throwing out wild guesses at this point.

14 minutes ago, Skiver said:

That's already announced and also specifically referring to Mando and "the kid".

There's a lot of speculation that Disney plus could be added to Game Pass but I don't see that happening past a 1,3 or 6 month trial for new customers.

A really out there theory, a Mandalorian RPG (Think about all the studios they've purchased) open world RPG being released and added to Game Pass. I find it hard to believe MS have gotten the rights for that away from EA but just throwing out wild guesses at this point.

That would be interesting.

On the RPG, would they announce (or even tease) something this early? Seems way too early

1 minute ago, dipsylalapo said:

That would be interesting.

On the RPG, would they announce (or even tease) something this early? Seems way too early

I doubt it, I think that's just a really wild guess at what it can be. I think it's something to do with Disney plus and my expectation is some sort of trial as a perk. 

Whatever it is, it's a bloody frustrating tease!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Skiver said:

I doubt it, I think that's just a really wild guess at what it can be. I think it's something to do with Disney plus and my expectation is some sort of trial as a perk. 

Whatever it is, it's a bloody frustrating tease!

Odds are it's Disney+ related.  Could they be adding Disney+ to Game Pas Ultimate like they did with EA Play?  Even if it's a free for a few months that'd be a nice perk but we'll have to wait and see.

As far as console news goes, my series x is scheduled to be delivered to me on the 11th.   We'll see how it goes.

1 hour ago, Skiver said:

Start your 30-day trial of Disney+ now with your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership.

Well, there we go, pretty much what most of us thought it'd be.    Outside of the mandalorian I don't see anything else on there I want to watch.  Even the Marvel Tv shows they've talked about don't interest me.    After endgame I'm pretty much done with the MCU to.   

Eh nice perk, but I personally am not interested in any of the content on there. I can't Disney themselves don't have a free trial of some sort - thought they had a 7 day trial.

33 minutes ago, tsupersonic said:

Eh nice perk, but I personally am not interested in any of the content on there. I can't Disney themselves don't have a free trial of some sort - thought they had a 7 day trial.

If they only have something like a 7 day trial, then the 30day is a pretty nice deal tbh.   But like you I don't care much for their content.  On a side note, AppleTV app should be up on Xbox to.

14 minutes ago, George P said:

If they only have something like a 7 day trial, then the 30day is a pretty nice deal tbh.   But like you I don't care much for their content.  On a side note, AppleTV app should be up on Xbox to.

Yep, I saw that news. I have many months left on my 1 year Apple TV trial, and have seen some nice shows on there. It's nice to be able to watch Apple TV content on my Xbox. Now, if only Apple can get some sense in them and allow xCloud game streaming on iOS devices! I'm waiting Apple. 

Well this is a nice surprise

746577212_Screenshot2020-11-10at08_19_08.png.63c3acb9c68c3e1c5ae5ef868f1e2b77.png

Edit - Clearly me not paying attention, I thought the Xbox was being released on Friday and not today.....so it's being delivered exactly when it was supposed to be lol

I got a email and a text message saying that mine has went out but looks like I'll get it on the 12th now. We're back in lockdown so that could be adding to the extra day now. 

I almost bought an S to tide me over until the X is on the market.  Fortunately, I was too slow and it wouldn't add to my cart even though it was supposedly available.

I hope things will settle a little within the next few weeks but I have no idea.

Windows Central Gaming's twitter keeps posting when they see new stock go up for the Xbox, anyone still looking for one in the US should follow them. 

Looks like I can sign in to the Xbox Scorpio as well as the new Xbox using the same Xbox Live account at the same time. Which is pretty sweet. Hooked up the older Xbox to another TV so I have a Blu-ray player. It can access all my apps at the same time.

2 hours ago, techbeck said:

Looks like I can sign in to the Xbox Scorpio as well as the new Xbox using the same Xbox Live account at the same time. Which is pretty sweet. Hooked up the older Xbox to another TV so I have a Blu-ray player. It can access all my apps at the same time.

Yeah I think they enabled that a few weeks ago.

4 hours ago, LostCat said:

Yeah I think they enabled that a few weeks ago.

Yup, it was a news post on the front page, the only issue is that it's only fine for doing different things.  Like your old Xbox can be playing a BD or Netflix and you could be playing a game on your new one, no problems.  You can't play games at the same time on both on the same account though, iirc.     

Just set mine up. 

There was a 700mb update plus a controller update. 

It's huge. Makes my 43 inch TV look tiny 

It's a good looking bit of kit

Controller feels familiar but more solid. Could be that mine is a few years old but the buttons have more feel to them. 

As Rich's review said it's fast. Wanted to test the transfer speed between an external HDD and the SSD. Moved 30GB in about 5 mins. 

SSD has 802GB free

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

Just set mine up. 

Controller feels familiar but more solid. Could be that mine is a few years old but the buttons have more feel to them. 

As Rich's review said it's fast. Wanted to test the transfer speed between an external HDD and the SSD. Moved 30GB in about 5 mins. 

SSD has 802GB free

I was going to wait till I got mine to check but I don't suppose there's any controls over Quick Resume?   For those who want to get some of that space back, not that I'm bothered by it personally since I like the feature and I also tend to uninstall games once I'm done with them.

8 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

Just set mine up. 

SSD has 802GB free

This was my experience as well. Thanks for the review. I suck at them. I do like the textured grip of the controller. Different from the day one edition and the Scorpio edition of the controllers.  The day one edition controller has no textured grip in the Scorpio Edition has a little bit. The new Xbox grip controller has is more defined.

9 hours ago, George P said:

I was going to wait till I got mine to check but I don't suppose there's any controls over Quick Resume?   For those who want to get some of that space back, not that I'm bothered by it personally since I like the feature and I also tend to uninstall games once I'm done with them.

I had a look but haven't been able to find anything related to Quick Resume. May be a future update will give you control? 

3 hours ago, techbeck said:

This was my experience as well. Thanks for the review. I suck at them. I do like the textured grip of the controller. Different from the day one edition and the Scorpio edition of the controllers.  The day one edition controller has no textured grip in the Scorpio Edition has a little bit. The new Xbox grip controller has is more defined.

To be fair I just put down what I would have wanted to know 😁

4 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

I had a look but haven't been able to find anything related to Quick Resume. May be a future update will give you control? 

To be fair I just put down what I would have wanted to know 😁

Yeah, maybe.  I'm sure some people have asked for that ability.  I don't know if they're going to give you full control or just a simple on off switch, if they do anything.   I expect a system update in December for sure, they'll have to update the dash to 4k at some point as well.  It's a sore spot and doesn't look good on paper for them.