[Official] Xbox Series X & Series S Discussion

Just now, dipsylalapo said:

Manage to bag one this morning!

Bring on Nov!

I could pre-order to but I think I'm going to wait till after Nov 10th.   I'd rather try and walk into a shop and get one then have them ship it to me.  It'd be less of a pain if anything happened and I had to take it back etc.

Got both a Series X & S preordered this morning. Found it slightly harder than the PS 5 orders but that’s just down to Amazon not updating right I imagine 

1 hour ago, George P said:

I could pre-order to but I think I'm going to wait till after Nov 10th.   I'd rather try and walk into a shop and get one then have them ship it to me.  It'd be less of a pain if anything happened and I had to take it back etc.

I went into the store and pre-ordered, that way I know I can walk in on the 10th and pick it up.

19 minutes ago, -T- said:

Got both a Series X & S preordered this morning. Found it slightly harder than the PS 5 orders but that’s just down to Amazon not updating right I imagine 

haha wow, OK Mr Money bags, no need to show off! 🙃

7 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I went into the store and pre-ordered, that way I know I can walk in on the 10th and pick it up.

That's a good way to do it IMO.  Greece doesn't look like a big market for Xbox, mostly PS fans around so I think I'll be able to pick one up later without issue.

4 minutes ago, George P said:

That's a good way to do it IMO.  Greece doesn't look like a big market for Xbox, mostly PS fans around so I think I'll be able to pick one up later without issue.

Yeah that's fair enough. My brother is a PS guy so I learned from the troubles he had last week.

He spent a few hours fighting various websites then walked into a store, pre-ordered and was out in 5 minutes. So between that and the nvidia launch, I thought why bother fighting it. I was outside the store at 8am, there were maybe 13 people ahead of me and I was back home by 9am to start work.

11 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Yeah that's fair enough. My brother is a PS guy so I learned from the troubles he had last week.

He spent a few hours fighting various websites then walked into a store, pre-ordered and was out in 5 minutes. So between that and the nvidia launch, I thought why bother fighting it. I was outside the store at 8am, there were maybe 13 people ahead of me and I was back home by 9am to start work.

Nice move.   Everyone fighting for spots online and crashing websites in the process.

4 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

I feel like a bit of a mug now battling online lol

If it makes you feel any better, I've heard people talking about issues getting approved for the Klarna finance for All Access - because I went in store, I have to wait 24 hours before I can go through that process so it turns out I might not be as smug as I thought I was.

7 minutes ago, Skiver said:

If it makes you feel any better, I've heard people talking about issues getting approved for the Klarna finance for All Access - because I went in store, I have to wait 24 hours before I can go through that process so it turns out I might not be as smug as I thought I was.

I think you'll probably be good as long as they have you on the list.  

1 minute ago, George P said:

I think you'll probably be good as long as they have you on the list.  

I hope so, I just hope if there's any problems with the All Access Plan approval that it's all sorted by tomorrow when I can finally go through the process.

Well, I said I was going to walk into a store and just get one in Nov, but I broke down and pre-ordered it anyways.  I don't have enough confidence that the small shops in my town will actually have any and that I'd have to end up waiting anyways.  

I just barely got one in the US the first three places I tried flamed out and the fourth was an hour late getting put up and sold out so fast I didn't even know what happened.

The last option showed up fashionably(?) late and actually worked, after a bit.

What about the PS4 Pro?  Or the PS5 Digital ?  Or what about all the Slims?  Mini?   Come on, you know that Playstation list is longer. 😉

Just to support the idiocy of MS naming conventions;

Xbox One X sales skyrocketed on Amazon today and mistakes may have been made - The Xbox One X sales rank was up 700% the day Xbox Series X went up for pre-order.

Source

• Haha 2

To be fair when I was pre-ordering yesterday I put "Xbox Series X" in Amazon and that was the top item that came back so I'm not surprised.

24 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

To be fair when I was pre-ordering yesterday I put "Xbox Series X" in Amazon and that was the top item that came back so I'm not surprised.

Alot of people are going to either get the wrong console delivered or realise their mistake and miss out on the pre order.

3 hours ago, Skiver said:

Just to support the idiocy of MS naming conventions;

Xbox One X sales skyrocketed on Amazon today and mistakes may have been made - The Xbox One X sales rank was up 700% the day Xbox Series X went up for pre-order.

Source

That doesn't really tell you how many were sold though.  There probably weren't a lot selling, and some people may have just been getting it intending to sell it when they get their XSX.

53 minutes ago, LostCat said:

That doesn't really tell you how many were sold though.  There probably weren't a lot selling, and some people may have just been getting it intending to sell it when they get their XSX.

That's a good point, Amazon rankings are funky like that, we don't know sales numbers.  And if you searched specifically for "Xbox Series X" and amazon showed the One X at the top, well, nice going Amazon?

4 minutes ago, George P said:

For some closer shots, I'm a little envious.

Man I want to preorder the drive and the Sonic Blue controller but I get the feeling I should hold on to my money a tiny bit longer *laughs*

Still no idea of how much the expansion SSDs are gonna cost.  Dunno why they haven't given us that price yet either.

Just now, George P said:

Still no idea of how much the expansion SSDs are gonna cost.  Dunno why they haven't given us that price yet either.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't about the rumored $200-220 but depends on how much demand there is off the bat I suppose.