Very nice Winamp 5 Skin

Same thing here.  On my machine it's actually listed twice when you right click on winamp, and if you push "alt+L" two instances of it will pop up.

585974288[/snapback]

What operating system are both of you running and what version of winamp

First and foremost, this skin is awesome, thanks for sharing it and creating it :D.

Is it just me or the notification window is super small. The text is unseeable. Unlike yours in the screenshot which is presentable. Running 1600x1200. And can there be a option for it to always be showing.Thanks again for the skin.

Using winamp 5.08c

krono6, the inspiration for this skin came from BetaguyGZT over at Samurize. I wanted a skin that would match his AeroShell shell replacement. At first, I had the transparent parts totally clear, but then I played around with the Longhorn look and decided I liked it much better.

nokturrnal, if the text is too hard to read, you can change the font and the size by following the directions in the changelog at my site.

I'm confused about the double ML windows you all seem to be getting. Pressing ALT-L on my machine either hides/shows the ML, so I'm not sure what can be done to fix it. Do you all have the Dynamic Library installed? I doubt this would make a difference, but it's worth a try.

n00b answer :D - Click on the CF button -> Click the Colors button -> Scroll down to the bottom -> Double click White-Out.

585975503[/snapback]

*is a grateful n00b*

You're doing an amazing job with this skin man. Glad to have you at neowin.

Thanks y0sh! I'm trying my best to please everyone. In the next update look for a more customizable PL shademode, a return to the old-style seekers/sliders, and a few more...

Thanks y0sh!  I'm trying my best to please everyone.  In the next update look for a more customizable PL shademode, a return to the old-style seekers/sliders, and a few more...

585975656[/snapback]

Aw man, don't change the seekers/sliders just because 1 or 2 idiots couldn't get used to the new ones. The new style looks better and is more functional. You dont have to be accurate with your cursor.. you can click anywhere on the bar. It's really nice man, keep it!

A new update is now available.

Next on my list is to make the notifier resizable/replaceable. I'd like to be able to place it anywhere on screen and have it come back to that same place everytime. So far I've got the x position correct, just working on the y. I'll also try to make it resizeable to accomodate the larger text you can setup with the font mapper. Did someone else mention a permanent notifier (one that doesn't hide itself)? Well, I'll try to include that too. :)

<edit> Just saw your post y0sh. I thought I went too far trying to be slick :D with the gradient sliders. I do like the look, but I thought it was too hard to see with some color themes. If you all think differently, I'd like to know.

Edited by axialix

Lol, it's very futuristic. (Y)

Come on people, admit that you like it. Most people have downloaded it and havent had a problem. It's just that one guy. I'll be so ****ed if it changes for that one kid. Dammit hahah

jk! I'll be happy with whatever you choose. If not, I'll keep the current build.

Keep the sliders!!! I think there are a few things that could be tweaked, but I wouldn't make any big changes to the look of it. I will list some things that I feel could be improved upon later. I'm still loving this skin, keep up the good work.

awesome skin chief. I've been reading through this post and I must say that i like the the newer slider, at least for the seeker one. Maybe keep the button slider for the volume and the gradient one for the seeker? Or possibly even make the slider styles another option with a few different designs. :)

change the seeker coz its hard to see on a white background. you could make another set of skins like 2 versions for every current (and possible new) skins where one of them has a seeker that is more solid and the keep the old one too because many ppl seem to like it

Yeah, many people seem to like the gradient seekers, so I'm gonna make them an option in a future update. Rekoil, you can always change the color of the seeker (color group Seeker) to make it more visible.

Yesterday's update allows you to set the notifier at any vertical position. That way, people using different visual styles can have it appear at any place above their taskbar.

Yesterday's update allows you to set the notifier at any vertical position.  That way, people using different visual styles can have it appear at any place above their taskbar.

585988957[/snapback]

YES! AWESOME UPDATE!

speaking of visual styles if i can i wanna recommend one of the two best visual styles in the world Antimatter (ported by matt0) cos it looks really good with this skin :p just wanted to let jou know

Edited by Rekoil

Antimatter is a very good VS, it's the default on my home machine, but I wish someone would make a Longhorn style one similiar to my skin. Does anyone know if this is even possible? I was discussing this with a friend and they said Litestep would be a good app to try it in. Any takers?

Hey axialix, is it possible to code the playlist so that it can open in the opposite direction of the side it is docked to? (it opens downwards right now, but that is only good if I dock it to the top of the screen. When it is docked to the taskbar on the bottom, opening downwards is a pain. :pinch:

This would be cool, thanks! :yes:

/edit oh one other wierd bug I found, if you set the window settings > docked toolbar > top or bottom it creates a blurred mess.

Edited by leedogg

leedogg, that's a very good idea about the playlist, I noticed that too when I was setting up the shademode. Let me see what I can do... I've never heard of the docked toolbar creating a blurred mess on dock, but I do know that it makes the skin disappear temporarily (Winamp bug). You can press F5 to bring it back.

To all those who wanted ID3 coverart functionality, I'm sorry but I'm no plugin writer. I've no idea about the inner workings of the things, but maybe that can be a future project for me. However right now, I'd just like to get this thing on it's way to a final release! :D

First of all, let me ask the obvious: you are running XP or 2K right?

Did you get the correct gen_ml.dll for your winamp version?

Are you getting any error messages? If so, what are they?

If it just fails to load or loads the default winamp 2.x skin, exit winamp completely and then start it up again.

Failing all those, you could always reinstall winamp. I believe someone here before tried it and it worked after a fresh install.