Official WWDC 2005 Keynote Discussion

I hope they announce tablet pc compatibility.

586025041[/snapback]

Me too, that's what the industry really needs, is Apple to make tablet computing mainstream. I'd love one running Windows today, but they're still kinda ugly & overpriced. Ives could get the ball rolling.

Mac vs. PC used to be like Coke vs. Orange Juice. Now it's getting more & more like Coke vs. Pepsi. Probably better that way.

10:55 am Steve: "In the cultural sense, Intel is a lot like Apple..." Intel is passionate about their products. Intel CEO Paul Otellini invited on stage to talk about Apple's transition.

as much as I love working for Intel. :D

::does happy dance:: this is going rrrrrrrrawk.. :p

So does this mean that the consumers (us) will be able to buy Mac OS X x86 and run it on your current PCs? Or will Apple be selling x86 PCs from their own store and we'll have to use that?

when theres some competition, microsoft usually deliver the goods.

586025062[/snapback]

oh boy...things will be intersting between the run for 10.5 and Longhorn....next 2 years is going to be good...:happy:

I don't think there will be a time that you will go to best buy and purchase OSX for your Dell PC, there will be some sort of lockdown

586025067[/snapback]

Probably not anytime soon (I think today we can all agree to never say never).

However, I think that if people want to run this OS on their non-Apple PCs, they'll find a way.

10:55 am Steve: "In the cultural sense, Intel is a lot like Apple..." Intel is passionate about their products. Intel CEO Paul Otellini invited on stage to talk about Apple's transition.

as much as I love working for Intel.  :D

::does happy dance:: this is going rrrrrrrrawk.. :p

586025083[/snapback]

Intel CEO was seen sucking up to Steve Jobs (trying to give a forced hug on stage)

BURN !

I cannot wait till that gets leaked.

I am shocked I thought the intel deal was BS for sure.

586025057[/snapback]

I can guarantee that if ADC members get it, it WILL show up on the newsgroups. :pirate:

"In the cultural sense, Intel is a lot like Apple..."

Really? Isn't AMD a lot more like Apple, a smaller company, the underdog with the superior product? AMD must have negotiated for this deal, and it would have done wonders for the competitive balance if they'd won.

hold your stocks till you see the market actually move in a certain direction...

this has the potential to make or lose you alot of money

586025073[/snapback]

I have a feeling this isn't going to be good for Apple right now. Maybe long term, but with their stocks in mind, not good short term :/

I don't know why people think that moving to x86 is going to hamstring Apple. It's not like they decided to dump their OS to put XP on Mac hardware. *That* would be the end of Apple. You don't really believe that they'll allow OSX to run on non-Apple hardware, do you? I don't. If they did, however, I think MS would have some serious thinking and programming to do.

This move is going to lower Apple's costs, which will get passed on to the consumer. They're going for better volume. Yay! I think this is a great move. I know I switched because of the OS, not the processor.

Hmm, just thought - OSX WILL have to be locked to Macs only. There's no way Apple are going to write a brand new driver model to support all the various PC configurations out there. At least not soon. :)

god mate, i dont want to tell you to go either way... my gut feeling for this whole thing is not good, but there are more people on this forum who think this is wonderful news

there are still key questions to be answered yet... id just hold them

hold your stocks till you see the market actually move in a certain direction...

this has the potential to make or lose you alot of money

586025073[/snapback]

I am really torned right now...my Apple stocks made me a hella lot of money...I have my stockborker on hold...what should I do?...:(

I'm thinking there will be some type of lock in anyway, something to prevent OSX from running on say, a Dell computer.

I don't think there will be a time that you will go to best buy and purchase OSX for your Dell PC, there will be some sort of lockdown

586025067[/snapback]

yea like the locks some cad software makers do, or like the protection of xbox, ps. Which isnt 100% effective, but it will stop the average ppl

It's a $999 rental  :D, only for select ADC members

586025078[/snapback]

didnt I tell you I am and ADC member ( whatever that is :D ).. :devil: :devil:

This paves way for Apple to create an Emulation Software to let OSX /Mac Software to run on PC's easier with awesome performance. (The PearPC guys are going to have a field day with this also).

Does this mean that when there is an Intel version of OSX released, I will be able to buy it and put it on my Dell, or does that mean I would have to buy a Mac computer? Or, do we even know yet.

there are more people on this forum who think this is wonderful news

586025106[/snapback]

Problem is, most people on these forums have never used a mac, or haved used it for short enough that the "omg its a pretty mac" feeling hasn't worn off.

This is bad for Apple. Just wait 2 years, I can't wait to say, "I told you so".

Sell it all.  They are going down the tubes.

586025096[/snapback]

that is exactly what I'm thinking...i think I'll give it 48 hours...