What are you playing?

PGHammer

In my case, it's been Anno 2205 or Anno 1800 during their Free Weekends. (Anno 1800 is supported by GeForce Now; Anno 2205, unfortunately, is not - yet; I own Anno 2205, but not Anno 1800.)  My alternate is Bejeweled Blitz (Facebook) on both PC and phone.

• 4 weeks later...
techbeck

Playing Animal Crossing right now on my Switch.  Ok game I guess.  Kind of slow going though.  Things that need building, you need to wait until next day to complete the build.  Also, resources are kind of low for what you can get per day.  Maybe I am doing something wrong but I find myself playing for a little while and then doing everything I can for that day and turning off the game.

+xrobwx71

Doom Eternal, Jedi: The Fallen Order, COD:Modern Warfare/Warzone  on PC

dipsylalapo

Picked up No Man's Sky on Xbox and Factorio in PC. 

Two games that just eat up hours of time. 

SnoopZ

Trying to rush through Assassins Creed Unity on PS4 Pro.

George P

Finished Control and the first DLC for, really fun game and I've been a fan of Remedy for the longest.  Wish I had more to do in it and I'd still be playing it.  Hope the 2nd DLC doesn't take too long to come.

Zinomian

Playing the Witcher series games....on Witcher 3 now (have both DLC's addons, so...)  All on PC.

Nick H.

I think I've split my time this week between the following:

• Doom Eternal
  • Jedi Fallen Order
  • Elite Dangerous
  • The Last of Us

But at the same time I have also gone and bought these:

• Detroit: Become Human
  • Assassin's Creed Oddessy
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider (just started it today which is why I didn't put it in the above list)
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Tetris Effect
  • Dreams
  • The Jackbox Party Pack

In my defence, Tetris, Dreams and the Jackbox Party Pack I got hold of so that it can complement Knowledge is Power as party games for the house when we get bored. As for the rest...well, if you're not going to let me go out what do you expect me to spend my money on?! At least I've got things to keep me occupied. :laugh:

SnoopZ
10 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I think I've split my time this week between the following:

• Doom Eternal
  • Jedi Fallen Order
  • Elite Dangerous
  • The Last of Us

But at the same time I have also gone and bought these:

• Detroit: Become Human
  • Assassin's Creed Oddessy
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider (just started it today which is why I didn't put it in the above list)
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Tetris Effect
  • Dreams
  • The Jackbox Party Pack

In my defence, Tetris, Dreams and the Jackbox Party Pack I got hold of so that it can complement Knowledge is Power as party games for the house when we get bored. As for the rest...well, if you're not going to let me go out what do you expect me to spend my money on?! At least I've got things to keep me occupied. :laugh:

Jesus you got alot of games to play. 🙂

• Haha 1

Nick H.
48 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

Jesus you got alot of games to play. 🙂

Well I've already completed The Last of Us several years ago, I just started it up again because a) I want to be reminded of everything that happened before TLoU2 comes out, and b) it's an awesome game. I'd be comfortable putting it down though and just watching a gameplay run-through on YoutTube.

Crash Bandicoot I got because it was one of the first video games I ever owned as a kid, back when it was just called a Playstation. Nostalgia is a ##### though, and the controls haven't lasted too well over the years. For a game that primarily has you jumping from one place to another it's really hit-and-miss on if I stick the landing or not.

I've played about an hour of Assassin's Creed but it hasn't grabbed me at the moment so that will take a backseat for a while.

But still, I guess even if you remove those entries as well as the party entries...yeah, I've got things to keep me entertained. :p

SnoopZ
6 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Well I've already completed The Last of Us several years ago, I just started it up again because a) I want to be reminded of everything that happened before TLoU2 comes out, and b) it's an awesome game. I'd be comfortable putting it down though and just watching a gameplay run-through on YoutTube.

Crash Bandicoot I got because it was one of the first video games I ever owned as a kid, back when it was just called a Playstation. Nostalgia is a ##### though, and the controls haven't lasted too well over the years. For a game that primarily has you jumping from one place to another it's really hit-and-miss on if I stick the landing or not.

I've played about an hour of Assassin's Creed but it hasn't grabbed me at the moment so that will take a backseat for a while.

But still, I guess even if you remove those entries as well as the party entries...yeah, I've got things to keep me entertained. :p

Stick with AC they're awesome I'm replaying Unity atm.

Can I add you to my PSN? I don't play online much but it is good to compare.

Nick H.
3 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

Stick with AC they're awesome I'm replaying Unity atm.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love the series! I just wasn't grabbed by the beginning missions and the daunting size of the thing. Starting simple missions, "go here and kill him. Now go here and kill him" is a bit boring compared to what the other games are asking of me at the moment.

I'll send you a PM with my PSN. I warn you though, it might say that I'm online or currently playing a game when I'm not. For example during this isolation thing I'm working from home, so I might take five minutes to relieve some stress by taking out demons and then pause and go back to work rather than shutting the PS4 down. ;)

• Like 2

+jamwheat

Started re-reading the Hellgate: London trilogy, so put the game back on my PC.  Playing it when I have the time.

Peresvet

Been playing Rainbow 6 Siege a lot lately.

• Like 1

CriticMunde37

I started playing The Talos Principle last week. It's not my usual cup of tea, but I'm really enjoying it right now. It's kind of a philosophical, slow paced puzzle game. I really like the atmosphere, very chill, really gets my mind off the whole quarantine shtick. The gameplay is alright for a puzzle game, some might compare it to Portal. I guess I needed a game that wasn't very mind numbing and instead makes me feel kind of clever 😅

Peresvet

Played XCOM: Chimera Squad for a bit - didn't like it 😞

George P

Finished Just Cause 4, free from EGS, ran through Deliver Us The Moon, from Game Pass, now I'm going through Valkyria Chronicles 1 which I've had in my backlog for a very long time but never got around to till now.

McCordRm

I played XCOM: Chimera Squad. Pretty good time waster. I liked not having to deal with base-building and stuff.

Now playing Gears: Tactics. I'm freaking loving this game. Very, VERY unforgiving. lol

SnoopZ

Still playing AC Unity, was hoping to get the platinum but unfortunately there are a few trophies that require online coop play which i don't really want to do.

SnoopZ

Bloodborne on PS4 Pro, hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew!

• 4 weeks later...
dipsylalapo

Completed The Witcher 2 this weekend after being distracted by No Man's Sky. Loved the game despite its flaws and cannot wait to pick the third one

Installed the Dead Space Trilogy for some mindless fun. It's a damn good looking game for its age. 

Xenon

Just finished Halo 2 for PC.

I am gonna be starting Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic for the 1st time. Cant wait!

Also gonna give Minecraft Dungeons a try. 

• 1 month later...
dipsylalapo

Still playing through the first Dead Space. Also playing a lot of Warzone.

I've tried a few BRs (PUBG and Apex) and I'm really enjoying this one. 

SnoopZ

Shadow of War - PS4 Pro.

• 1 month later...
SnoopZ
On 7/9/2020 at 8:17 PM, SnoopZ said:

Shadow of War - PS4 Pro.

Just platinumed this, was such a long great game, now time to do the same for the first game Shadow of Mordor.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LoneWolfSL
      Games with Gold: Darksiders III and Lost Planet 3 are now free
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Microsoft announced the August Games with Gold titles earlier this week, revealing an exciting selection of incoming experiences, and already the first wave is available for claiming. Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members can now grab Darksiders III and Lost Planet 3 as their latest bonus games.

As for who can get what, Darksiders III is available on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, while Lost Planet 3 is up for grabs across the Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S generations.

The Microsoft Store links listed below can be used to directly add the games to a Gold activated account:

Darksiders III (Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S)

Lost Planet 3 (Xbox 360, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One)

For those who missed it, Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break from the last Games with Gold wave still has two weeks left on its counter before it leaves the program. The strategy game will be replaced by Yooka-Laylee on August 16.

As always, games claimed through a Games with Gold promotion are attached to accounts in different ways depending on their launch platforms. Xbox 360 titles will continue being playable even after the Gold subscription is discontinued, but Xbox One games are only playable while the account has an active subscription.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Weekend PC Game Deals: It's raining franchise sales
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Weekend PC Game Deals is where the hottest gaming deals from all over the internet are gathered into one place, every week, for your consumption. So kick back, relax, and hold on to your wallets.

The bundle space expanded this week with Humble's Early Access All-Stars Bundle. As evident by the name, this collection focuses on still in-development games, offering a variety of experiences from the indie side.

The three tier bundle begins with a copy of Retrowave for $1. Going up to the average price tier will currently set you back around $10, and it gets you copies of Golf It and The Infected. Lastly, joining the final tier for $12 adds on the Snowtopia: Ski Resort Tycoon, Warpips, and Luck be a Landlord.

Humble's bundles don't stop there, as there is also an RPG Heroes collection available that offers a copy of Delver for $1, followed by Swords & Souls: Neverseen and Tower of Time in the average price tier, which is currently around 8.70. The final $10 tier has Quest Hunter, Slasher's Keep, and Dreadlands being added to the whole package.

Both bundles will last for about two weeks. Keep in mind this is also the final week of the July Choice selection, with the games, which include Yakuza 3 and Surge 2, refreshing on Tuesday.

Now 200 freebies in, Epic Games is showing no signs of stopping its giveaways. This week, it has brought copies of Mothergunship and Train Sim World 2 for claiming.

Mothergunship is a bullet-hell FPS touting an intricate gun customization system with nutty combinations, massive boss battles, and cooperative play. On the other side of the platform is Train Sim World 2, offering authentic locomotives and routes to experience while tackling problems such as rush hours and harsh cargo schedules.

This double giveaway is slated to last until August 5, and it's a big week coming up, with A Plague Tale: Innocence and Speed Brawl arriving as the next freebies.

Free Events

The free events of this weekend will pull you in a whole lot of directions, from superhero duties and being ant-sized to managing loony hospitals.

Starting things off, you can try out Marvel's Avengers this weekend, with the complete action hero experience, including campaign and multiplayer modes, available for free as Crystal Dynamics celebrates recent updates and the upcoming arrival of Black Panther.

Obsidian Entertainment also has a game available to try out this weekend: its miniaturized survival game set in the back yard Grounded. Two Point Hospital, the humorous hospital management title that now features Sonic, as well as the multiplayer arcade golfing title Golf with Your Friends are the final two games with free events running at this moment.

Big Deals
      Franchise sales are the main highlight of this weekend as you'll witness when browsing the below highlights list, with multiple series like Grand Theft Auto, Mass Effect, Borderlands, Need for Speed, Sonic, and others getting hefty cuts to their prices:

Mass Effect Legendary Edition – $44.99 on Steam Outriders – $38.99 on Steam Grounded - Early Access – $29.99 on Steam DayZ – $26.99 on Steam Marvel's Avengers – $23.99 on Steam Planet Zoo – $20.24 on Steam Halo: The Master Chief Collection – $19.99 on Microsoft Store Borderlands 3 – $19.79 on Steam Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered – $19.49 on Steam Need for Speed Heat Deluxe Edition – $17.49 on Steam Death Stranding – $17.28 on GreenManGaming Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey – $15.99 on Steam Outer Wilds – $14.99 on Steam Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition – $14.8 on Steam Streets of Rogue – $13.99 on Steam Manifold Garden – $13.99 on Steam Wingspan – $13.39 on Steam Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition – $13.05 on Steam The Deus Ex Collection – $10.60 on Steam ABZU – $9.99 on Steam Due Process - Early Access – $9.99 on Steam Forza Motorsport 7 – $9.99 on Microsoft Store Untitled Goose Game – $9.99 on Steam Quantum Break – $9.99 on Microsoft Store ARK: Survival Evolved – $9.89 on Steam FINAL FANTASY – $9.59 on Steam Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – $8.99 on Steam Röki – $7.99 on Steam Clustertruck – $7.49 on Steam Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice – $7.49 on Microsoft Store Journey – $7.49 on Epic Store Burnout Paradise Remastered – $6.99 on Steam Need for Speed Payback - Deluxe Edition – $6.89 on Steam Call of Juarez: Gunslinger – $5.99 on Steam Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition – $5.99 on Steam A Short Hike – $5.19 on Steam SpeedRunners – $4.99 on Steam DiRT Rally 2.0 – $4.99 on Steam Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed Collection – $4.99 on Steam Sonic Generations Collection – $4.99 on Steam Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition – $2.99 on Steam Islanders – $2.49 on Steam Sonic Mania – $1.99 on Steam Sonic Adventure 2 – $1.49 on Steam Mountain – $0.49 on Steam Train Sim World 2 – $0 on Epic Store Mothergunship – $0 on Epic Store DRM-free Goodness
      GOG is also in a freebie mood this weekend, so you can claim a copy of Wanderlust: Transsiberian from the front page until August 2. There are quite a few DRM-free games on sale this weekend, including a villain-focused deals range. Find our highlights below:

Carto - $13.99 on GOG Warcraft I & II Bundle - $12.74 on GOG Void Bastards - $11.99 on GOG Crying Suns - $11.24 on GOG Mafia - $10.04 on GOG Forager - $8.99 on GOG Diablo + Hellfire - $8.49 on GOG Blade Runner - $6.69 on GOG Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - $5.99 on GOG S.W.I.N.E. HD Remaster - $4.99 on GOG Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition - $3.99 on GOG King of Dragon Pass - $3.59 on GOG King's Bounty: Dark Side - $3.24 on GOG Myst Masterpiece Edition - $2.99 on GOG Overlord + Raising Hell - $2.49 on GOG System Shock 2 - $2.49 on GOG Dungeon Keeper 2 - $1.49 on GOG Wing Commander 1+2 - $1.49 on GOG Zombie Night Terror - $1.29 on GOG POSTAL 2 - $0.99 on GOG Deus Ex GOTY Edition - $0.97 on GOG Wanderlust: Transsiberian - $0 on GOG Keep in mind that availability and pricing for some deals could vary depending on the region.

That's it for our pick of this weekend's PC game deals, and hopefully, some of you have enough self-restraint not to keep adding to your ever-growing backlogs. As always, there's an enormous number of other deals ready and waiting all over the interwebs as well as in services you may already subscribe to if you comb through them, so keep your eyes open for those, and have a great weekend.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Microsoft accidentally leaked Halo Infinite campaign details, so beware of spoilers
      by Usama Jawad

Microsoft's highly-anticipated AAA title Halo Infinite is scheduled for a release this fall, but a technical preview for the multiplayer component was made available for Halo Insiders just a couple of days ago. While the feedback regarding multiplayer gameplay - albeit, with bots - has been fairly positive so far, those interested in the campaign might be in for a unpleasant surprise.

Following some leaks on the internet, Joseph Staten, the project lead for the campaign in Halo Infinite, has confirmed that Microsoft inadvertently included some campaign files in the tech preview of the multiplayer release. He tweeted that:

Naturally, data miners who don't mind the game being spoiled for them have extracted the campaign files in question, and information has leaked on to the web. The Verge has discovered a plaintext dump containing 800 lines of text from the campaign. According to the outlet, the strings describe some quests, plot points, and unfortunately, even a major plot twist that likely takes places towards the end of the game.

Needless to say, we won't be linking to or reporting about the spoilers themselves, but those interested in the Halo Infinite campaign need to keep their guard up when browsing the web.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Forza Motorsport 7 is being removed from storefronts in September
      by Usama Jawad

Microsoft's Turn 10 Studios released Forza Motorsport 7 back in October 2017, to high praise. We awarded it a 9/10 rating in our review, praising the dynamic weather system, multiplayer capabilities, and the wide assortment of cars and tracks on offer. However, the developer has now announced that the game is being delisted from storefront in September.

In a blog post, the company mentioned that Forza Motorsport 7 will hit its end of life status on September 15, 2021. This essentially means that the title and its DLC will be delisted from the Microsoft Store and won't be available on Game Pass either. That said, players who already own the game will still be able to re-download it and play as usual, including online services.

Game Pass players who purchased DLC but not the title itself will also be given a token for the full game through the Xbox Message Center. This token will be provided by August 2, and is redeemable up until September 15, 2023. Additionally, Forza Motorsport 7 is up for a massive discount until September 15, 2021. The Standard Edition can now be purchased for $9.99 (previously $39.99), Deluxe costs $14.99 (previously $59.99), and Ultimate can be yours for $19.99 (previously $79.99).

The reason for the game being delisted just four years after launch is quite simple, albeit unfortunate. All Forza titles utilize licenses to use real names of cars, tracks, and brands. Once these third-party licenses expire, these games have to depart from storefronts. The in-engine trailer for the next Forza Motorsport was already shown a year ago while Forza Horizon 5 is scheduled for a launch this November as well.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Steam is getting a fancy new Downloads page, beta available now
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Valve has been trickling out Steam UI overhauls to specific components in recent years, and the company's latest target is the client's Downloads page. The newly overhauled section can be accessed by switching to Steam's beta client, though in this initial public version, some bugs are to be expected. See how the new Downloads page looks in the screenshot above.

At first glance, the biggest change is happening to the header, with the download status information being moved to the right while the currently downloading game's key art and name are visible on the left. Disk usage is now more visible than before as well, which should alleviate situations where it looks like the download has stalled, even though space is being allocated in the background.

Instead of fiddling with the "to the top" button like before for individual downloads, users can drag and drop the available updates to change the queue order now. If an update being downloaded is not solely game content, a tooltip can also be triggered that shows if it's DLC, workshop, or shader cache that's incoming. A clear all button for completed downloads and a shortcut to quickly access Steam download settings are available too.

Moreover, relevant patch notes will be easily accessible via a button next to downloads when the corresponding update is available. However, this will only be for games where the developer is using Steam Events to publish patch notes.

Updates have also arrived to the Library section in this beta build, with the brand-new Storage Manager being the biggest change, as seen above. Other than moving games, which currently has an issue, the new storage options and information displayed should be extremely useful for Steam users.

Find the complete patch notes for the beta update here. To join the beta, head to the Steam Settings menu, then in the Accounts tab, use the CHANGE button in the Beta participation section and select the "Steam Beta Update" from the dropdown. Once Valve is happy with the implementation and bugs have been squashed, the Downloads revamp will roll out to all Steam users.