What are you playing?

+LostCat

Sooooo much Slay the Spire ūüėÉ Would be nice if it supported cloud saves, but oh well.

Finally unlocked the last act in it...onward!

SnoopZ

Just played 'a way out' a great game that needs to be played with another person, we will go back tomorrow and find the trophies we missed to get the platinum.

Marujan

World of Tanks with promo code

SnoopZ

Just got platinum on The Order 1886, great game for £4.99.

benhassel

gta vice city but it's a mobile version on techbigs

Xahid

ELEX.

Where are my armors?

SnoopZ
3 hours ago, RichyQ said:

The Witcher is my favourite. Cannot imagine a better game now 

I've just bought the Complete version of that for PS4, i want to get the Platinum, unfortunately you have to play on the hardest level for that trophy right from the start and you can't downgrade the difficulty or you void getting the trophy.

Currently playing Day of the Tentacle Remastered on PS4.

+E.Worm Jimmy
6 hours ago, RichyQ said:

The Witcher is my favourite. Cannot imagine a better game now 

if I had spare 150 hours I would replay witcher 3 with the expansions :)

George P

Just finished Bloodstained Ritual of the Night.  Final fight is a PITA, but overall it's a nice game.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
dipsylalapo

Finished Far Cry 5 a few days ago and then powered through The Gardens Between. A cool little puzzle game. 

George P

I've got the final DLC missions for Nioh and then I can move on to Outer Worlds.  that's the plan anyway. 

• 4 weeks later...
Jim K

Started The Outer Worlds a few days ago.  Getting my butt handed to me during combat .. growing tired of all the side quests (go to y and talk to x, run back to z and tell q you talked to x, rinse/repeat) ... though I feel the need to complete them.  Thought I liked these types of RPG games (like Fallout) ... but this one is wearing on me.  I'm afraid to talk to anyone as they may unload even more quests.  Just a bit overwhelming, to me, and it's starting to feel like "work" ... would be nice to figure out how to level my character where I didn't die quickly or the enemy weren't bullet sponges (playing on normal difficulty).  

It is pretty though.

+LostCat
2 hours ago, Jim K said:

Started The Outer Worlds a few days ago.  Getting my butt handed to me during combat .. growing tired of all the side quests (go to y and talk to x, run back to z and tell q you talked to x, rinse/repeat) ... though I feel the need to complete them.  Thought I liked these types of RPG games (like Fallout) ... but this one is wearing on me.  I'm afraid to talk to anyone as they may unload even more quests.  Just a bit overwhelming, to me, and it's starting to feel like "work" ... would be nice to figure out how to level my character where I didn't die quickly or the enemy weren't bullet sponges (playing on normal difficulty).  

It is pretty though.

Combat is a lot harder in the early game if you haven't gotten used to it.  Do some quests, find some better gear, and stick with it, it's worth it.

+jnelsoninjax

RDR2, second go through. This game is just such a great game, though I feel I am missing something with never playing #1, but I have been having so much fun with #2!

nordy499

Grand Theft Auto V !!!

PGHammer

1.  Anno 2205 (still). It replaced SimCity 2013 as my city-builder and RTS du jour; I can't take it to GeForce Now yet (which is a quibble).  Why it's a quibble - if you have merely Intel HD4400 graphics or better (which goes back to Ivy Bridge), it can still be fun to play and looks graphically gorgeous.

2.  Ashes of the Singularity - Escalation.  What I play when I'm not playing Anno 2205.  Like Anno 2205, it also looks graphically gorgeous; unlike Anno 2205, it takes advantage of DX12.  It basically replaced Supreme Commander and (surprisingly) Galactic Civilizations II as my sandbox game of choice.

SnoopZ
10 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

RDR2, second go through. This game is just such a great game, though I feel I am missing something with never playing #1, but I have been having so much fun with #2!

I had to sell my copy, I tried on and off over 12 months to get into it but I kept falling asleep playing it lol.

• Haha 1
dipsylalapo

Started a game I've been wanting to play for a while. Witcher 2 on Xbox. I had forgotten what it actually means to sink hours into a game, just exploring!

A few frustrations

• Map seems a bit pointless, no way to add a way point or actually see specific items/locations
  • Inventory systems seems super clunky, way too many tabs (at least for a controller)
  • Missions can sometimes be a little vague....could be me being used to be hand held

I also in the first town (Flotsam) got into a big of a loop, having accidentally pulled my sword out, I kept having guards attacking me, killing me and then the game reloading to the point just before being attacked. 

Other than that, it's a great game!

• Like 1
techbeck

Been playing RDR2 online and been having fun with it.  Teamed up with a posse and went around trying to recruit users.  If they do not respond, we tie them up and have fun dumping their bodies of feeding them to gators.

Last night, there was a 15 user battle we participated in.  Largest group of people in the same area I have seen so far.  So that was fun.

On 2/17/2020 at 7:59 PM, jnelsoninjax said:

Not missing anything really as RDR1 takes place after RDR2.  I believe RDR1 is backwards compatible if you wanted to play that.  John Marston is the end character in RDR2 but the main character in RDR1.

+jnelsoninjax
50 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Been playing RDR2 online and been having fun with it.  Teamed up with a posse and went around trying to recruit users.  If they do not respond, we tie them up and have fun dumping their bodies of feeding them to gators.

Last night, there was a 15 user battle we participated in.  Largest group of people in the same area I have seen so far.  So that was fun.

Not missing anything really as RDR1 takes place after RDR2.  I believe RDR1 is backwards compatible if you wanted to play that.  John Marston is the end character in RDR2 but the main character in RDR1.

Don't have a console system, only PC, so I can't play RDR1

techbeck
13 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Bummer...was a good game.

Brandon H
1 hour ago, dipsylalapo said:

Started a game I've been wanting to play for a while. Witcher 2 on Xbox. I had forgotten what it actually means to sink hours into a game, just exploring!

A few frustrations

• Map seems a bit pointless, no way to add a way point or actually see specific items/locations
  • Inventory systems seems super clunky, way too many tabs (at least for a controller)
  • Missions can sometimes be a little vague....could be me being used to be hand held

I also in the first town (Flotsam) got into a big of a loop, having accidentally pulled my sword out, I kept having guards attacking me, killing me and then the game reloading to the point just before being attacked. 

Other than that, it's a great game!

yeah those bullet points are its age showing. controller support was also an afterthought, was meant as a mouse keyboard game.

I've started playing through again too as I've never gotten around to beating the game and I want to finish it first before I start playing 3

As a side note, I've been playing via Geforce Now. Love being able to play on my low end laptop and on my shield tv in the bedroom when I don't want to be on my main tower :)

On my laptop I use a Wii U Pro controller :rofl: and on my shield tv I just use a generic android bluetooth controller.

15 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

could always watch a playthrough on YouTube :) not everyone's cup of tea though I know

• 2 weeks later...
Jim K

Finished The Outer Worlds ... which ended up being fine.  Parvati needs a spin off series.

Now playing the original 2006 Prey.  Interesting and weird game...I'm liking it.

• Like 2
+E.Worm Jimmy
1 hour ago, Jim K said:

Finished The Outer Worlds ... which ended up being fine.  Parvati needs a spin off series.

Now playing the original 2006 Prey.  Interesting and weird game...I'm liking it.

yeah, way better then the new one. new one, i just could not like, it missed the charm the original had by a mile.

• Like 1