MSN Messenger .NET 5.0.0317

oh come on give me some time it only took 20mins for me to figure that one to get it to work with out signing you out every 30sec's. i will look into making it work for outlook and express.

Originally posted by XP-RTM

Guys why don't we just wait till the final release :s (to remove ads) if it comes with SP1, should be like in 4-5 days, or if not... then crack it, LOL :rolleyes:

1. becuase I have a little free time lying around and feel like doing this

2. 5.0 will not ship with SP1, nor SP3, nor any SP that we know of yet. WINDOWS Messenger 4.7 is shipping with XPSP1, not MSN Messenger 5.

3. it won't be 4 or 5 days. If this is the first build we know of, there will be many more to come

Originally posted by codyg11

if MS finishes this in time it might make SP1, otherwise it may find itself in Longhorn.

no, MSN Messenger 8.3 will probably be in Longhorn LOL :D

The only reason MS is shipping WM4.7 with SP1 is so it can be hid via set program access and defaults and uninstalled. Plus the fact we have yet to see it appear in any SP1 build seems to support that it won't be in there.

I don't see Messenger 5 shipping (long) before MSN8, and that WON'T be in SP1.

Originally posted by codyg11

if MS finishes this in time it might make SP1, otherwise it may find itself in Longhorn.

i would figure it would make it out long before longhorn

TS

I installed messenger 5, then the cracked copy and enabled the reg settings, but I am still booted off after a few seconds :(

I really dont care though, 4.7 works just fine for me :)

Messenger 5 will most likely be launched when Microsoft releases MSN8. Not specifically designed to be some nice launch for an os. Lonhorn wont hit shelves for a few years. They wouldnt have this far of a build for a few years later release.

Originally posted by apa1exakis

Messenger 5 will most likely be launched when Microsoft releases MSN8. Not specifically designed to be some nice launch for an os. Lonhorn wont hit shelves for a few years. They wouldnt have this far of a build for a few years later release.

Yeh longhorn's ages way @ least afew years autho im probly gettin this mixed up with black comb

GOT TABS?

Haha, I do, without using the old msgslang.dll

Here's how:

1. Open 2 instances of reshacker.exe

2. load up the msgslang.dll from 4.6 into one reshack, the one from 5.0 into the other

3. under the 4.6 msgslang.dll, go to string table 35, in the 5.0 version, table 35 also

4. copy strings 556 and 557 from 4.6 (or 4.7 i guess now that i think of it) to strings 556 and 557 in 5.0

5. complie the script, save, and reload MSN Messenger and voila! you have tabs!

would love to see the outlook/express integration with this... would be beautiful! and anyway to get this bad boy to install ontop of the old messenger? im on xp.. and i mean an install like an upgrade

well, i made a mistake... i closed messenger! hehehe, now for some reason, it just will not run! i have tried everything, repairing, and re-cracking, repairing just to see if it will run, uninstalling, re-installing.. everything! with no luck unfortunatly... but a question, is the new messenger dependant on anything in the old messenger folder?

otherwise im going to have to find all the registry keys and delete them...

fixed it... DONT DELETE YOUR OLD MSN FOLDER! it uses some file.. ill figure out now...

it seems to just use the old msmsgs.exe... i deleted all other files, and still works...

Originally posted by Chris123NT

geez y_notm great work! U really have A LOT of free time LOL :p

lol, nah, not really. I figured that one out by looking for how to completely destroy the ads when something just clicked in my mind on those two strings. Then it took me like 2 minutes to change and resave everything.

about the ads and Plus: i looked into simply hacking Plus! to hook into messenger 5, but i found no instances of msmsgs.exe to change it. So (I at least) can't get plus to work with v5 until patchou comes out w/ a compatible version

patchou has been working on a new version of Plus! for ages now, but this may speed it up, or prompt a new one.. plus as it is, doesnt show up on the main window.. but still has the old chat logging functionality...

Originally posted by y_notm

GOT TABS?

Haha, I do, without using the old msgslang.dll

Here's how:

1. Open 2 instances of reshacker.exe

2. load up the msgslang.dll from 4.6 into one reshack, the one from 5.0 into the other

3. under the 4.6 msgslang.dll, go to string table 35, in the 5.0 version, table 35 also

4. copy strings 556 and 557 from 4.6 (or 4.7 i guess now that i think of it) to strings 556 and 557 in 5.0

5. complie the script, save, and reload MSN Messenger and voila! you have tabs!

thanks works great!

This seems dumb to ask and might be off topic. Now, since I installed Msn Messenger 5.0, is there a way when I'm checking hotmail / my email, that windows messenger doesn't open? then I have to close again, if you know what I'm talking about... (it's closed, then you open hotmail, it opens...)

If you guys tell me the Hex codes to remove the Ads on 4.6.0.82 maybe i could remove them in this version... waiting for someone to find them :D, hope i can help :)