[OFFICIAL] Xbox Live Latest Demos

I thought the Hitman demo was lame. It was just the training mission where everything is spelled out for you. Nothing like the original Hitman games, those were great! :)

Well yeah like you said everything is spelled out for you, as it is the training mission. I heard once you start the levels themselves, all of that holding your hand garbage is out the window.

As I said the main reason I enjoyed it is it still appears to you do almost everything you can do within the PC version, it is just a hell of a lot easier to do it.

The only and only thing I now fear about this game driving me absolutely nuts is something I just read in a recent review somewhere. I currently, and I am not sure how honestly, have 5 gaming magazines subscriptions (OXBM, PC Gamer, EGM, Computer Gaming World, & GameInformer), and I also go to countless gaming sites, so I cannot remember for the life of me where it was that I read it...

But it is all about the No Save system during a mission, which I am not sure about this fact, but I think it might be the case across all platforms ,or just an issue with the console version itself. The review said some missions can easily take one to two hours depending on how much exploring and stealth you choose to do, and if you die even 1 minute away from the very end of that level, all the way back to the beginning you have to go. I am sorry, but for me personally, especially since I do not get to game anywhere near what I would like to hours per week, that is a huge turnoff no doubt. It may be the sole reason I never actually ever beat the game itself. We will see. I just returned a GameFly game, and I am hoping with the holiday they get it back one or two days after this is available for release, so I hope to have it in my hands as a rental by next weekend.

I got the 360 version of hitman the other day and it is an excellent game, control system could be better (does the autoaim even work) but apart from that the game is really fun... people complain it is short but at the moment i've only had time to complete a mission a day so it isn't that short. Considering i completed Kameo in one sitting and Tomb Raider Legend.

I don't like the save system either, i prefer to stop mid game and have a break then come back to it. but with this you have to complete the mission :p

Sorry if this is derailing but will it be possible to ever play Elder Scrolls 3 ?? Want to beat that before I get Oblivion :/

not even a checkpoint??

Actually, this quote is taken from a review of the game in the latest Official XBox Magazine:

Most disappointing is the tyrannical save system, which continues the series' aggravating tradition of permitting saves only at the end of a level. (You can do some mid mission, checkpoint like saves, but they're trashed if you quit.) Huge, long missions are the backbone of Hitman games, so it's bewildering that Io insists on disregarding players who don't have hours to devote to one play-ssession. Capping the number of permanent saves would certainly prevented the cheesy tactic of saving every nanometer, so a chorus of boos to that.

So it appears there are checkpoints, but I also think that is only on the Normal gameplay setting, at least based on the info that my one friend has told me. I think if you try one of the harder settings, all checkpoints are out the window.

Also as stated, even with the checkpoints, you have to finish it in that one sitting no matter what. For someone like me, who lives with their GF, this personally just sucks, as I never know when she is going to say it is her turn for the TV. :|

Sorry if this is derailing but will it be possible to ever play Elder Scrolls 3 ?? Want to beat that before I get Oblivion :/

Well it's not on the backwards compatiblity list so I'd think for now it's only PC/Xbox.

You don't need to finish it before you play Oblivion, the stories are not directly connected although there are some references. Nothing important at all.

not even a checkpoint??

The game on rookie mode allows you to save within the mission as many times as you want but you only have three save slots. This may sound ok but if you quit the game to come back later your saves are wiped. Completing the mission does do a permanent save though.

One annoying thing is the higher the difficulty the less saves you get.. till the point you can't save. So basically you have to go through a mission in one sitting or leave the console on.

Hey guys I just checked out the Japanese marketplace. There's a demo out for "Love Football!" that seems pretty cool so far.

If you want to see it make a new Xbox Live account but select your country as Japan, you'll be able to download and play it.

Hey guys I just checked out the Japanese marketplace. There's a demo out for "Love Football!" that seems pretty cool so far.

If you want to see it make a new Xbox Live account but select your country as Japan, you'll be able to download and play it.

thanks mate :) finally good reason to use my JP account

hopefully the demos good

About the love football demo: It will NOT play on a PAL console (even when set to 60Hz)

Doesn't appear to work in the states, either. :(

Guys that Love Football demo worked "Before" the patch. I guess they corrected region encoding for demos :(. Sorry about that.

Guys that Love Football demo worked "Before" the patch. I guess they corrected region encoding for demos :(. Sorry about that.

Hey, it's okay. At least the patch allowed me to do other things while I was waiting on the download. :)

How long is the Lost Planet demo? Can anyone tell me?

Two missions. The first one wasn't that bad but the second a bit harder. Took me about 1-2 hours to finish.

Surrieall what do you mean? It's a part of 2 scenarios, around 5 levels in total or something. There are boss type characters in the end of each scenario.

Surrieall what do you mean? It's a part of 2 scenarios, around 5 levels in total or something. There are boss type characters in the end of each scenario.

I meant time wise, but I got an answer from Giga. Thanks.

Can anyone confirm if that Love Football Demo will download/play on an Xbox 360 with a Japanese account in the States?

It won't. I guess since the update, region codes are now checked when playing a demo.