February CTP Build 5308.17

To all MSDN whiners:

You are NOT official beta testers. Official beta testers get this build first as their job is to chase bugs. The beta testing aspect of MSDN is secondary to the other things you receive. It has nothing to do with money as you are not paying Microsoft to beta test their software (although I'm sure MS wouldn't mind).

And in five years from now you're going to look back and see how idiotic you are acting. You're going to see how your petty whining is ruining the thread and the internet as we know it.

Please go to mommy and tell her how much this hurts you, but keep this thread free of the incessant bitching.

To all MSDN whiners:

You are NOT official beta testers. Official beta testers get this build first as their job is to chase bugs. The beta testing aspect of MSDN is secondary to the other things you receive. It has nothing to do with money as you are not paying Microsoft to beta test their software (although I'm sure MS wouldn't mind).

Yeah yeah, I said the same thing earlier. Connect have priority over this because they ARE beta testers.

Besides, it's still really annoying anyway.

Just wondering, can i installed it without burning it to a dvd?

Erm, Well it HAS to be on a DVD, but you could try mounting it.

the serial for Windows Build 5308 Main 32 bit DVD is this the same like 5270 ? its not on Microsoft Connect for build 5308

Well the serial is the same in ALL CTP for us MSDN.

Look at the screen shot, do you see where it says "Vista 5270 and Up Product Keys"?

The answer's quite right there :shifty:

MarvelousMoogleAssassin said

"wouldn't bother - I am the Sys Admin at a MS Gold Partner Company with 'Uber' subscription and we still can't get hold of it either.

Been waiting patiently all day, telling colleagues not to torrent it because it'll be here soon and torrenting is bad.

have to admit...... starting to waver...

cummon MS - please hurry it along, I would really, really like to be testing this tonight."

Stay with MSDN, you will get an activation key. With torrents you will not.

Sorry I keep messing up with the quote

And in five years from now you're going to look back and see how idiotic you are acting. You're going to see how your petty whining is ruining the thread and the internet as we know it.

Please go to mommy and tell her how much this hurts you, but keep this thread free of the incessant bitching.

Is this a canned response? I swear this has to be from a script or robot.

Yeah yeah, I said the same thing earlier. Connect have priority over this because they ARE beta testers.

Besides, it's still really annoying anyway.

Erm, Well it HAS to be on a DVD, but you could try mounting it.

Well the serial is the same in ALL CTP for us MSDN.

Look at the screen shot, do you see where it says "Vista 5270 and Up Product Keys"?

The answer's quite right there :shifty:

oke thanks

MarvelousMoogleAssassin said

"wouldn't bother - I am the Sys Admin at a MS Gold Partner Company with 'Uber' subscription and we still can't get hold of it either.

Been waiting patiently all day, telling colleagues not to torrent it because it'll be here soon and torrenting is bad.

have to admit...... starting to waver...

cummon MS - please hurry it along, I would really, really like to be testing this tonight."

Stay with MSDN, you will get an activation key. With torrents you will not.

Sorry I keep messing up with the quote

offtopic

Use [|quote][/quote|] tags for quoting. You confused the heck out of me there. (Just take out the "|")

/offtopic

Ah well, should have it by the weekend if I get it going tomorow at work. Then to build a high spec pc for show and say to people 'in 8 months time you will be able to buy this' :)

hello everyone,

i was wondering, could anyone tell who has installed the new ctp and is testing it at the moment, that, does it have all of the windows themes?, like jade etc!?

I don't think this is going to get on games them selves. I think it's meant for to say, your computer is rated a 5, so it can play the latest games. Not old games that were out 3 years ago. Rated a 3 say, You computer can run the games, but not very good. etc.

The best idea is to remove it. That's what i'm gonna do it. Actually, i'm making a list of things i'm going to remove from Windows Vista before i do install it. The list is going to be huge :laugh:

hello everyone,

i was wondering, could anyone tell who has installed the new ctp and is testing it at the moment, that, does it have all of the windows themes?, like jade etc!?

Plex, Slate, Jade, etc. have been scraped in favour of Aero.