February CTP Build 5308.17

Well, it's 8pm, EST. Looks like it's indeed tomorrow or Thursday (hopefully tomorrow)!

Oh well. They say, "those things you have to wait for, are the things most worth waiting for."

I wonder if there will be any graphical changes in this Feb CTP.

I also wonder, will there be a March CTP?

becauz the installation of 5270 was poor it was slow nd it was just plain evil (with the download rate not so good!"

The installation has been improved in this build :). It will be acouple minutes faster hopefully.

Thats what i'm thinking too ;)

And 5270 was a better build than the last few, atleast on my computer.

Exactly! 5270 was much better than 5259 and 5231. Those two were pretty bad, 5259 being pulled from Connect after a couple of days, and 5231 just being plain unstable on the hardware I was using. 5270 was vastly improved from those builds, being much more stable, having more features, and being prettier to look at.

Exactly! 5270 was much better than 5259 and 5231. Those two were pretty bad, 5259 being pulled from Connect after a couple of days, and 5231 just being plain unstable on the hardware I was using. 5270 was vastly improved from those builds, being much more stable, having more features, and being prettier to look at.

5259 was warez plain and simple. The build was leaked by J C X P.net and never should have been seen outside of MS. It was never on Connect.

5259 was warez plain and simple. The build was leaked by J C X P.net and never should have been seen outside of MS. It was never on Connect.

Sorry, but you are wrong. It was on Connect for about two days for TAP members before it was pulled. I and two of my co-workers downloaded it from Connect. If I remember correctly, the warez copy was slightly different according to posts on neowin. I have not, and will never download a warez copy of Vista, particularly for testing in an enterprise.

Sorry, but you are wrong. It was on Connect for about two days for TAP members before it was pulled. I and two of my co-workers downloaded it from Connect. If I remember correctly, the warez copy was slightly different according to posts on neowin. I have not, and will never download a warez copy of Vista, particularly for testing in an enterprise.

Ah ha!

I am a super-sleuth detective.

It was never on Connect for the Tech Beta members is what I should have said.

so how much more stable will 5308 be, do you think?

Folks like Paul Thurrott and others have said we'll be pleasantly surprised with this build. The rest of us won't know until we see it. One good indicator is that 5270 was a step up from previous builds, so hopefully this will be another step foward in stability as we approach Beta 2, RC0 and RTM.

xxosvista6xx, don't take it bad but you need to grow up a bit...

Vista is 2006 I don't think they will care of a 2001 graphic card...

The bouncing emoticon should be removed... :rolleyes:

so how much more stable will 5308 be, do you think?

Depends on what the focus has been on for this phase; they do a blanket screen, they'll focus on a part, fix it up, and see if there is feedback. I'd say the biggest parts they'll be looking at will be hardware compatibility and configuration; possibly how clean the transition is from Windows XP to Windows Vista when an upgrade is done.

As for stability and reliability - depends on what you're looking at; don't take todays applications as a benchmark as so many of them are written so ****house, if there have been any bug fixes in the win32 API, they'll instantly fall over.

If you have a beta version of Office 2007/12, give that a whirl, possibly try some WinFX code and current .NET stuff to see if there have been any gotcha's.

As for me, I'm going to wait till RC1 before I give a test run - by then it should be feature complete and pretty much just requiring some last minute bug squashes.

Now you know why I avoid IT related things in terms of expo's and conferences; filled with over hyped geeks bounching around like little children on every word the 'evangelist' says; its pathetic to see it in action. thing Apple expo's are bad with the skivvy wearing, cafe latte drinking 'artists', you've got the other extreme of clueless MSDN's bounching around everytime someone promises (again!) 'better stability, reliability and security!' (yeah, how many bloody times have we heard that!).

Folks like Paul Thurrott and others have said we'll be pleasantly surprised with this build. The rest of us won't know until we see it. One good indicator is that 5270 was a step up from previous builds, so hopefully this will be another step foward in stability as we approach Beta 2, RC0 and RTM.

Stability comes at the end. Right now, their main focus is on getting all the features complete, and all the current bugs in Windows Vista.

Now you know why I avoid IT related things in terms of expo's and conferences; filled with over hyped geeks bounching around like little children on every word the 'evangelist' says; its pathetic to see it in action. thing Apple expo's are bad with the skivvy wearing, cafe latte drinking 'artists', you've got the other extreme of clueless MSDN's bounching around everytime someone promises (again!) 'better stability, reliability and security!' (yeah, how many bloody times have we heard that!).

First, some people are poor like me :cry: and some people are rich like you are :woot: but I am poor and can't afford a $500.00 graphics card that supports vista, nor do I have enough RAM memory to keep my computer speedy, and have a bad processor which I dont want to screw ANY of this stuff up... I can't afford a new computer either.....

But the ppl also want good looks for cheap prices, ppl aren't going to buy starter edition for $50.00 nor are they going to buy ultimate edition for $500.00, reliability, security, nd stability aren't the only things!!!!!!

First, some people are poor like me :cry: and some people are rich like you are :woot: but I am poor and can't afford a $500.00 graphics card that supports vista, nor do I have enough RAM memory to keep my computer speedy, and have a bad processor which I dont want to screw ANY of this stuff up... I can't afford a new computer either.....

But the ppl also want good looks for cheap prices, ppl aren't going to buy starter edition for $50.00 nor are they going to buy ultimate edition for $500.00, reliability, security, nd stability aren't the only things!!!!!!

I dont think Ultimate will cost $500.00, it might be $200.00- $300.00

Though I appreciate and respect your view, you are very wrong.

Reliability, security and stability ARE the main things that matter and what people are going to and already do expect from vista.

You also do not need to spend 500.00 on a graphics card to get the new gui of vista.

You don't need top of the line graphics to see the Aero Glass interface. Something as pathetic as a GeForce FX 5200 will suffice, even the low end ATi 9xxx series will do. As long as it's DX9 certified and is currently supported in the drivers MS or card manufacturer supplies, you'll have your precious Glass.

I know, but IT WILL BE SLOW!!!!!!!!!

pefetic isnt good enough if it is pefetic, ppl hate pefetic!!!!!!!!! nd yea those are including performance and appearace, so add those 2 to your werid***** list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pefetic isnt good enough if it is pefetic, ppl hate pefetic!!!!!!!!! nd yea those are including performance and appearace, so add those 2 to your werid***** list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not if you have a good amount of RAM and a good processer. The Graphics wont look as nice, ias the screenshots on tech sites, since most of them use high end pcs. just Ram and a giood processer is what you''ll need, to have a fast mechine.

You want to keep up to date with the latest operating systems, you need to get with the program and get a more modern computer. The more you post, the more you show all of the members who read them, how little you know. Please, think about what you are saying before you say it.

What are the specs of the system you have right now?

If you cant afford a cheap upgrade for a little bit of performance gain, then you cant afford to purchase vista anyways. Let it go.

Edited by AgEnTsMiTh