OMG, I got a warning! Now what?

Because they do more for the community than the ones who are more lenient. Whilst we have power hungry mods (who are not as bad as on some boards), people will be more wary before breaking the rules.

As i already said, keep your nose clean, suck up whenever possible, play nice and plunk down the cash for a subscription and you will not run into issues on Neowin.

There, fixed. :laugh:

Edited by phantasmorph

There, fixed. :laugh:

Before the people get the wrong idea, buying a subscription does not buy you immunity. We've unfortunately had to ban a subscriber or two only to have them claim they had some imaginary immunity.

Before the people get the wrong idea, buying a subscription does not buy you immunity. We've unfortunately had to ban a subscriber or two only to have them claim they had some imaginary immunity.

Yeah, our money's for the sole purpose of keeping Neobond's pint topped up ;)

:p

But as both warns where for the same offence, shouldnt one be removed because it was a mistake and one removed as its 6 months good behavour?

If they were the same offence AND one was applied by mistake, then yes. This is not the case here.

I was joking by the way. I know i dont have immunity. I have to pay you all weekly for that :laugh:

RICH FOR Supervisor!!!! He really knows his stuff.

No, i just have common sense is all. I can still get peed off when people are knobbish on the forums though :D

If they were the same offence AND one was applied by mistake, then yes. This is not the case here.

Ah ok. I wasnt sure if that was the case or not. The guy made it sound like one was for the same offence by mistake, but only the mods would know if that was the case ;)

I cant wait to start my new job! I have been spending far to much time on Neowin lately!

I had a warning level forever, I blame BOOG, and it still shows up on me even though it's 0%. In any case, my head never exploded and I never turned into Fred.

yeh i know how u feel...i apprently made a ''irrelevent'' comment...and instantly the next day got a warning..saying: i've raised your level to 20%..blah blah blah..''

yeh/....i was just joking..anyway...its just a website..not a holy grail site or something.....so to the people who sit on their a*** all day and filter through comments-- pls lighten up and dont let the strains of the ''overbearing'' world come down to the innocent flaming of me...thx greatly appreciated (sarcastic tone)

:no: ---shame on u..haha

it still shows up on me even though it's 0%.

That is normal. It would be the same way even if you had never received a warning. Everybody can see their own warning bar whether they have 0% or 100%.

Too many people were PMing asking "What's my warning level?"

That is normal. It would be the same way even if you had never received a warning. Everybody can see their own warning bar whether they have 0% or 100%.

Too many people were PMing asking "What's my warning level?"

Really? I never noticed it before BOOG slapped it on me. So it only shows up to me in the forums, but not to anyone else?

Really? I never noticed it before BOOG slapped it on me. So it only shows up to me in the forums, but not to anyone else?

Correct. Just like you can't see anyone else's warning level.

Correct. Just like you can't see anyone else's warning level.

I guess I'll count that as my "learned something today" item.

If you've behaved over the course of 6 months and your warning level hasn't decreased by 20% yet, you can PM a Mod and talk to them about it.

If you've behaved over the course of 6 months and your warning level hasn't decreased by 20% yet, you can PM a Mod and talk to them about it.

Yep mine went down 6 months to the day...

maybe there should be a total warn amnesty to clear everyone back down to 0%, to start over. :yes:

Bring back banned members while we are at it :laugh:

• 1 month later...
You get them 4 a reason. You may not agree that you were in the wrong but you were.

Agreed I made one mistake one wintery night and well I got warned for it...but I came back stronger then before :D