• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Free Vista Biz/Office..us only

cosrocket    4

Did you actually watch the webcasts? After you watch the webcasts it displays "Pending" and then roughly 24 hours later the Pendings will be updated with Completed/Finished (I don't remember the exact wording).

Here's why I'm confused, Windows Media Player would open but than a dialog box came up that the webcasts could not be played due to a network/server error. Yet when I returned to the page with the web cast list the three that I chose all say pending. Does this mean it will still go through?

xxdesmus    0

^^ lol...it sounds like it did go through as you having watched the webcasts, you may have lucked out :whistle:

Inplode    0

do you have to wait till the one you watched is done pending ?

texasjoe    0

All right! All of mine are now completed. I watched each only once and offline (downloading the ~10 MB file). Make sure you watch those videos to the end. I watched them at 3 or 4 am Wednesday morning so it may have taken up to 24 hours for them to update the status of the videos from Pending (one was "In Progress") to "Completed". It will be worth every minute of my sleep if I eventually get Vista Business. I'm now waiting to know how much the upgrade to Ultimate will be...

Edited by texasjoe

Windam    0

Yeah I just finished watching 1 and and I'm on my 2nd (half way complete) I still got pending. I guess patients is part of the agreement as well ^^

Inplode    0

i got 2 done but the 3rd is giving me errors :( any way i can add another watch it and get this completed

ryanmcv    1

Is it just me or is the website completely down?

ryanmcv    1

Nevermind, I was just able to sign in, and it looks like all three of my Webcasts are now shown as completed. I now have the "Congratulations" message on my status page. w00t!

kingofmyworld324    2

do u own a business oqwarrior?

Master Shake    1

do u own a business?

Yep, just opened for business! :D

Gabe3    12

it seems its down

the home page works, but if I click on a link to go here- https://vsd.powertogether.com/

it wont let me in. I got all 3 webcasts pending before it went down so I should be fine, I hope it gets back up so at least I can check into my account.

anyone else's down?

ryanmcv    1

do u own a business oqwarrior?

Yes, my family owns a small Insurance agency in the suburbs.

Windam    0

it seems its down

the home page works, but if I click on a link to go here- https://vsd.powertogether.com/

it wont let me in. I got all 3 webcasts pending before it went down so I should be fine, I hope it gets back up so at least I can check into my account.

anyone else's down?

No not mine.

kingofmyworld324    2

word oqwarrior? thats hot, i wish i owned a business so i could sign up for this.

and lol at master snake, "cookie cookie cookie! damn what kinda cookies u talkin about, chocolate chips don't do that to people" (chappelle lol)

Inplode    0

We?re sorry; there are no more gifts available. While you are here, learn how you can leverage 2007 Microsoft Office system to deliver powerful applications of your own. Register and watch the Webcasts and/or vLabs below, you?ll actually gain skills you can put to use! Also, why not check out the Community section to see some of the cool things others are doing.

DAMN !

ziggie216    0

Now how do I get this video to work.... the only thing I see is the download link to the video....

GeeZuZz    0

I watched each only once and offline (downloading the ~10 MB file). Make sure you watch those videos to the end.

How would that make any difference? I find it hard to believe that MS is monitoring your system, what videos you watch, and for how long.

Btw: The pending thing only gets updated daily i think. That's why it's slow changing to complete.

kingroach    3

We?re sorry; there are no more gifts available. While you are here, learn how you can leverage 2007 Microsoft Office system to deliver powerful applications of your own. Register and watch the Webcasts and/or vLabs below, you?ll actually gain skills you can put to use! Also, why not check out the Community section to see some of the cool things others are doing.

DAMN !

I just registered for the office 2007 and I didnt get that messag:D. :D

Inplode    0

all mine still say pending :( hope i get one

ryanmcv    1

Looks like the free licenses of Vista Business are now gone. If you haven't completed the Office 2007 offer, you should hurry up, as those are probably going just as fast.

JustGeorge    1,658

all mine still say pending :( hope i get one

Mine too so I'm sure we're screwed :(

.Ark    6

I just completed my vista one and got all 3 marked as completed.. hope i actually get a copy this time. :)

cosrocket    4

Mine too so I'm sure we're screwed :(

Oh man, and after all the time it took just to get my three choices in pending status.

I hope they at least let the ones that are pending go through, I know they don't have to but it would be nice.

Gabe3    12

mine have all been pending for almost 24 hours, but last time I was able to get on the site was yesterday, so they all should be completed by now, but it wont let me onto the main page where you are able to login, and they tell you the 3 steps. the only page I can get to is the one that says choose vista business for office.

freeza    11

i got 5 of them complete ;) congratulated me and everything!