• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Free Vista Biz/Office..us only

brlmedia    1

It seems from the homepage the Vista offer is sold out, but it says if you already registered, to sign in and complete watching your webcasts, but you get a 404 error when going to any of the vista pages? strange.

zachman123    0

My 3rd just turned Completed. Hurrah!

JOHW    3

Yup..I guess it's back to normal..Waiting for any 1 of my 3 Pending to turn Completed now :laugh:

dmeags    0

Yup..I guess it's back to normal..Waiting for any 1 of my 3 Pending to turn Completed now :laugh:

Same here, I did 4 of them, and only two have turned to completed

viciv    0

hope to get it in 2 months..

sweetsam    31

How long does it take for the pending to turn complete ?

zachman123    0

A day

PNWDweller    147

It takes about 24-36 hours it appears...I just had one go completed after 24 hours.

Digitalx    17

can anyone here fill me in on the W-9 tax information thing down the bottom how do you do that if they didnt ask for social security ID number ? what happens with it does anyone understand what will have to happen with it ?

zachman123    0

Is it 6-8 weeks from today's launch, or retail launch?

ryanmcv    1

Is it 6-8 weeks from today's launch, or retail launch?

It says 6-8 weeks after the release to manufacturing (RTM). Well, RTM happened on like November 8, so it's almost been a month already.

Matrix78    0

can anyone here fill me in on the W-9 tax information thing down the bottom how do you do that if they didnt ask for social security ID number ? what happens with it does anyone understand what will have to happen with it ?

it says in the FAQ

the combined total is over $600 and anything over that much must be taxed so they "have to" file 1099's or w-9's or what ever it is .... paying tax only is alot nicer than paying $7xx for the both :D

DeusProto    1,003

So did anyone who had 3 completed get a confirmation e-mail? My three have been completed for about 24 hours now and it says on the page it will be shipped, but I didn't get an e-mail confirming I qualified.

Oh, and the front page now says they are "sold" out.

xxdesmus    0

I am fighting with my last one to get it to switch from "in Progress" to show Pending, but the damn thing won't switch. I've watched the webcast about 5 times now, and tried to download and watch it offline as well...any suggestions guys?

zerolimit    8

can't login anymore

Matrix78    0

I am fighting with my last one to get it to switch from "in Progress" to show Pending, but the damn thing won't switch. I've watched the webcast about 5 times now, and tried to download and watch it offline as well...any suggestions guys?

it seems to switch to pending after "it's" thought you've had enough time to watch the whole thing

looks like i made it

Shipping Info

Congratulations! You?ve completed the number of Webcasts required to receive a free, fully-licensed copy of Windows Vista Business. Once we?ve confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements stated in the offer details below we will ship your gift within 6-8 weeks of the release to manufacturing of Windows Vista. While you?re waiting, why not check out additional Webcasts to further your skills?

now to sit back and wait and finich veiwing a dozen more webcasts for Office for my fr:)nds :)

JOHW    3

Got my confirmation too :D

Digitalx    17
the combined total is over $600 and anything over that much must be taxed so they "have to" file 1099's or w-9's or what ever it is .... paying tax only is alot nicer than paying $7xx for the both biggrin.gif

don't get me wrong but isnt vista business like 800$ retail by itself so how much tax will we have to pay on this ?

Matrix78    0

don't get me wrong but isnt vista business like 800$ retail by itself so how much tax will we have to pay on this ?

i'd bet that odd's are they just "file" it with the IRS, then its up to you to come forward and admit you got it and offer the IRS thier money

jafoman    8

I am watching my 3rd Vista webcast right now... "An In-Depth Look at Collaboration Features in Windows Vista". Has anyone else watched it? The presentation was AWFUL and the presenter was AWFUL. If I were Microsoft I'd have these presenters run through the presentation and have it approved before letting tens of thousands of people see it. Due to technical difficulties, the demo wasn't even available to see in the webcast!!!

Absolute worst presentation I've ever seen...

Kaidiir    3

may have been posted here before, kind of on topic and absolutely baffling:

Strange Microsoft video

:omg:

Digitalx    17

UMPC webcast has rubbish presentation.

rofl @ the video!!!!!111 :rofl:

Edited by Digix

Novaoblivion    0

Well it says congratulations to me (and has since this morning) so I hope I get it, I still didnt get that USB drive lol.

lukeangel    0

I can't even log in. Just times out :( Fortunetly I am registered, so I will still get my CD once I complete my videos! :)

Digitalx    17

watching my fourth one some of these are actually interesting but some are just rubbish like th UMPC one.