Free Vista Biz/Office..us only

They updated the main page saying that if you already started on with the webcasts, finish viewing the three and you will still receive your copy of Vista.

*Quoted from main page*

Already Registered? If you have already registered for the Vista Campaign, selected a gift and are eligible to receive the free gift, please continue to watch your webcasts to complete the requirements for your free Windows Vista Business.

What worries me is the only way I can watch them is by downloading them and they're all showing "pending" even the ones I downloaded and watched last night. Surely they would clear by now?

Yea, looks like registration is closed, but if your already registered you can still get it by doing at least 3 webcasts.

I figured out why I cant goto the site now, some reason my router just started blocking "http://vsd.powertogether.com". I don't know why, but if I unplug my router and directly plug my modem into my PC, the site works fine, I upgraded my firmware just now to see if it would fix it but it didn't, also tried on 2 different computers. I also set the router to give my pc DMZ mode and that didn't fix it. Could anyone help? my router is a linksys WRT54G

It takes a day to go from "Pending" to "Completed". Mine are turning to completed every hour right now... 1 more hour and my 3rd will change.

woot!

same here, my last one should be complete in a hour or two

I watched three videos before it said they were out but they still said pending... I hope I still get my copy... pllleeeease!!

*EDIT* Now all three that said pending and one I'm looking at now say In Progress... WTF!?!?!

yeah... all of mine went back too (even the "completed" ones)... WTF was my exact reaction too.

I am going to cry. Maybe they are just toying with us... I hope...

*The "Your Stuff" tab is now grayed out... Interesting...

i had two pending and one in progress for vista, and now i've finished watching the 3rd webcast they all say in progress. what is this? i would love to get a copy of vista business, if only to get a cheap upgrade to ultimate.

wtf i had 2 on pending and was just about to do third one and then they all went to in progress guess the huge traffic is crippling the site.

if only to get a cheap upgrade to ultimate.

you can upgrade in the control panel i don't think it will be expensive but just have to see if it's in this business version or if its only home basic/premium that have this feature.

oh just looked on paul thurrotts website

Windows Anytime Upgrade

Those who acquire Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, or Business are eligible for an electronic upgrade to a higher-end Windows Vista product edition through a new Windows feature called Windows Anytime Upgrade. While this feature will not be enabled until January 2007, Microsoft tells me that the pricing will be a bit less expensive than buying a retail boxed copy of the Windows Vista Upgrade version in question.

Windows Vista Home Basic users will be able to use this feature to upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium or Windows Vista Ultimate. Windows Vista Home Premium and Business customers can use Windows Anytime Upgrade to upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate. Because all Windows Vista product editions ship with the same bits on the install DVD, Windows Anytime Upgrade is basically just a way to unlock features and purchase a new Product Key.

Edited by Digix

I'm getting the same kind of issue, so I sent them an email to see if they know what's going on.

Site won't let me login again. Seriously, I bet MS decides not to honor most of these. Wonder if they will be nice enough to send an email at least telling you so we don't site around for 2 months waiting for something that will never come?

Whoa, all of my Webcasts now say "In Progress". WTF?!?! An hour ago, I had three with the Completed status and they were congratulating me on finishing the offer. I'm sending them an e-mail now as well.

They must have been doing a refresh of the server or something.

That must've been it. I'm back to normal as well.

hahaha bet there databases crashed probably rather then server restart from all the traffic.

The site doesn't seem to be getting that much traffic anymore. It's working quite well at this point.