Leaked: Windows Live Messenger 8.5

The MessPatch is made my about 10 people and takes 3-4 days to make and then has to re-released due to "errors" when they made it.

A-Patch is one person (Ahmad the man with the lovely beard--don't tell him I said that!) and he does it usually in 1-2 days.

I personally know Ahmad is working on stuff right now. Personally A-Patch works better than MessPatch and has all the features I need if not more useful ones than MessPatch.

I've used both, but have switched to A-Patch. It's awesome :D

happy now there are no ads !! :D

seetfr6.jpg

I haven't spoken or seen you post in ages! Maybe I am blind or you are lurking!

Nice to see you again :)!

The MessPatch is made my about 10 people and takes 3-4 days to make and then has to re-released due to "errors" when they made it.

A-Patch is one person (Ahmad the man with the lovely beard--don't tell him I said that!) and he does it usually in 1-2 days.

I personally know Ahmad is working on stuff right now. Personally A-Patch works better than MessPatch and has all the features I need if not more useful ones than MessPatch.

I agree with you Larney, I've generally had a much better experience using A-Patch vs MessPatch, not to mention the configuration options are much clearer and to the point.

I agree with you Larney, I've generally had a much better experience using A-Patch vs MessPatch, not to mention the configuration options are much clearer and to the point.

There are many awesome things to come many of which I cannot remember and also cannot go into but watch A-Patch (Y)

Yeah a bit better. I wish they could keep the same style for both the contact window and the message window :/

If i get in the beta,i will make them know,i agree with you

They specified in liveside,that this UI isn't final,and it's subject for changes,this means something different coul be at final release ver easily

There are many awesome things to come many of which I cannot remember and also cannot go into but watch A-Patch (Y)

**OFF TOPIC**

LARNEY damn yeah ive been hiding in my batcave ;)... but i finally found the door and im coming back MUHAA :D

**OFF TOPIC**

LARNEY damn yeah ive been hiding in my batcave ;)... but i finally found the door and im coming back MUHAA :D

OFFTOPIC

Check your PM's please.

The UI most likely isn't final. Think of how many changes there were in 8.0 and 8.1 with UI changes. Keep in mind this before there even is a beta and it's an internal build.

re-edit: the installer works until i get a message saying 'error creating process, cannot find the path specified'

anyone know how to get this running on vista premium x32bit who could send a PM would be helpful, thanks

Edited by prick

Praise be to God.

Pulling an "all nighter" I'm 7 hours past my bedtime with a sore back, but I made it, A-Patch has been updated for Windows Live Messenger 8.5!

With a new (beta) version of Windows Live Messenger (8.5) comes a new and improved A-Patch. A-Patch makes patching Messenger easier than ever before. Not only are there tonnes of options to choose from, but now there's a (rough) Preview which lets you see the changes as you select them! (A change log will be added once I've come back from work and caught up on some sleep.)

apatch140te9.th.png

Download A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger 8.5 BETA NOW!

Outstanding work as usual, much appreciated! :)

It looks interesting but I think I'll wait for the official beta program before I make the plunge.

Scirwode

i like the new messenger, definitely made a lot of changes, i don't like how the message received time and "/...." is typing a message is actually in the message window though

Praise be to God.

Pulling an "all nighter" I'm 7 hours past my bedtime with a sore back, but I made it, A-Patch has been updated for Windows Live Messenger 8.5!

With a new (beta) version of Windows Live Messenger (8.5) comes a new and improved A-Patch. A-Patch makes patching Messenger easier than ever before. Not only are there tonnes of options to choose from, but now there's a (rough) Preview which lets you see the changes as you select them! (A change log will be added once I've come back from work and caught up on some sleep.)

apatch140te9.th.png

Download A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger 8.5 BETA NOW!

Thanks!

Love the preview feature :)

One thing though, is it possible to remove the "show menu"-button from the contact list and the message window?

one thing i liked in the messpatch was being able to choose how big i wanted the display pictures to be in the contact list

Eww, most disgusting looking Messenger to date! If the UI stays like that I'm moving to Miranda!

you are the only one who doesn't like it so go ahead and move to miranda because that look is gonna stay

Just used it on Windows Vista Ultimate X86. It is hard to get it working cos this is the Spanish version & every time I remove the "My sharing folder" made in Spanish, it reinstalls. I hope that MS will release a English & proper beta version soon.

It is as good as WLM 8.1 in stability & new features are buggy.

Here is a screenshot running on Windows Vista X86. The interface is WPF based as there is no tearing while resizing windows (Example). I thought Yahoo would come up with a Aero enhanced messenger first, now it seems Microsoft will :D. Too good, it looks Vista native.

4u4r8up.jpg

Wonder what more features they will provide with this release other then cosmetic changes. I don't like the glossy top bar, it is very glossy. When will MS understand that this much glossiness sux.

I wish they provide file transfer facility with Yahoo messenger users at least via WLM.

The one thing I noticed with XP and Vista screenshots is that WLM uses the original Vista titlebar buttons in Vista and XP it uses the build in images for those buttons. Maybe they will add more Vista-only stuff :)