Bioshock General Discussion ( Xbox 360 )

Just a favor to ask guys, for future reference. Until friday ... Would it be possible to keep the 'public' spoilers to a minimum or in spoiler tags. Don't want the game ruined :)

kk makes sense or and the 360 does have AA, what is the price of the pc version in comparison to the 360 version here in england the pc version is ?20 cheaper?

Yes, easily. Very smooth.

But the textures weren't any higher resolution than the 360 version, which made them look like crap, IMO. You can't enable anti-aliasing, either, and it shows big-time. The 360 version either has anti-aliasing or there is a very good blurring technique to look like AA. Widescreen mode on PC is also fubared (they cut off the top and bottom segments, like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did before it was patched).

Looks better on the 360, plus I get achievement points. lol

The 360 has "free AA" because of the way it's designed. It can add AA to pretty much any game with little or no framerate cost. There are some times when it has an impact (which is the reason Forza 2 doesn't have it) but most of the time it does a very good job.

Like I said, I picked it up after work. I have to do a few chores first or my lovely mother will be displeased when she returns from work, but needless to say, it will be all game after that.

-Spenser

The 360 has "free AA" because of the way it's designed. It can add AA to pretty much any game with little or no framerate cost. There are some times when it has an impact (which is the reason Forza 2 doesn't have it) but most of the time it does a very good job.

Yeah, I thought I read that somewhere, just wasn't sure and didn't want to post inaccurate information. The next set of ATI and nVidia cards are supposed to have Free AA, too.

Gamespot review:

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/bios...;om_clk=topslot

Hopefully the PC version will be a bit better when they review it. The game has a few flaws hence the lower rating and I have witnessed that gamespot is preety top notch and accurate with their reviews and never blow anything out of proportion like other review sites.

Jesus christ, I was walking around looking for telekinesis and like 6 splicers came out of nowhere. I had a slow pump style shot gun and I was just freaking out.

theres reports about it that the picture is "cropped" and zoomed in, but does anyone notice?

Only for the PC version as far as I can tell. Nothing looks wrong for the 360.

Jesus christ, I was walking around looking for telekinesis and like 6 splicers came out of nowhere. I had a slow pump style shot gun and I was just freaking out.

Heh, don't you love it? :laugh:

Played it for a while. Pure awesome. Although it was a bit of a pain. I had to beat 4 Big Daddy's to get to that second Little Sister because she kept disappearing and bringing another one back...

-Spenser

I was lost for so long trying to take pictures of the Spider Splicers. I haven't killed that many Big Daddy type things yet, though. But Atlas' family... :cry: they're gone....

I've Rescued every Little Sister so far, so I've killed about 5 Big Daddies if I remember correctly.

Damn this game is fun.

Bioshock is awesome!! Runs very well on my rig! I am glad I don't need to upgrade just yet! :)

Quad-core Penryn or Barcleona here I come! :)

I've Rescued every Little Sister so far, so I've killed about 5 Big Daddies if I remember correctly.

Damn this game is fun.

Just wondering, how many times do you die on average when fighting those mini Big Daddies? I suck at fighting them and die over and over.

^^^Don't worry, I die a lot too fighting them. It gets a lot easier once I find out what works on them though, but I still end up dying a lot. I actually dont mind though because it gives me a chance to recollect myself. It gets hard to keep track of all my plasmids and weapons that have like 3 types of ammo each and what works and what doesn't. It's so much fun though.

-Spenser

Just wondering, how many times do you die on average when fighting those mini Big Daddies? I suck at fighting them and die over and over.

Depends... A couple of them I've died at least three times, but the others I've survived completely. It just really depends what resources I have available at the time.

The status on Play has switched to 'Processing' so I'll probably be getting it on Saturday (hopefully)...which is when I would have got it in town anyway so it's not really that big of a deal =)

How long of you guys been playing to already fight Big Daddies?

I have gotten the telekinesis and am making my way back to the barricade I have to blow up, but I have yet to come across a Big Daddy other than seeing and hearing one walking.

Granted I take my time and like to explore and really am obsessed with hacking everything and I refuse to use my auto hacks I have found yet, but I feel like from reading everyone's responses I must be taking my sweet ass time.

Question for those of you who are far along on the "Prometheus" level...

I already became a big daddy. Can I still kill the big daddies in the level with little sisters? They kept getting stuck in the decontamination room thing on me.

How long of you guys been playing to already fight Big Daddies?

I have gotten the telekinesis and am making my way back to the barricade I have to blow up, but I have yet to come across a Big Daddy other than seeing and hearing one walking.

Granted I take my time and like to explore and really am obsessed with hacking everything and I refuse to use my auto hacks I have found yet, but I feel like from reading everyone's responses I must be taking my sweet ass time.

i havent got the game but why didnt you just attack the big daddy you saw go by?

I've finally done it lads first game I have ever pre-ordered :)

Done it yesterday got the steel tin version from Virgin Megastores for 34.00 squid..

Anybody know how virgin are with their deliveries and when do you expect I should receive my copy?

CANT WAIT and God damn it I can't keep myself from looking at spoilers :cry:

They kill Atlas' family? :cry: