Bioshock General Discussion ( Xbox 360 )

stephen_0002

Well, just finsihed the Demo.. I must say the opening with the water and fire effects.. amazing and the ending was quite cool. Actually felt a lil scary. I haven't felt that good about a FPS or a video game like that in a while, few years anyway.

Lexcyn
Uh oh.

I just realized that I put at least $80 into my purchase at local GameStop, when their website says this.

Ripped off, fr rls.

The total cost for me was $79.79 from EB Games (Gamestop). :D

Andrew
Uh oh.

I just realized that I put at least $80 into my purchase at local GameStop, when their website says this.

Ripped off, fr rls.

That's not being ripped off, you just didn't shop around for a better price :p

Badtz-Maru

it's been leaked on the internet...

EddieS

i still havent downloaded the demo ....ohh poor me!!!

American Ninja

Can't wait for this game! :)

AimLXJ

Hey, anyone here find that the subtitles was not synced correctly?

kylejn
I finished paying off my CE today. My GameStop hasn't got a shipment in yet, and I'm hoping there isn't a repeat of the GoW debacle of lost shipments and what not.

Wait, that's what your GameStop told you happened with Gears of War? Lost shipments? Lies!

I worked at EB Games/GameStop when this happened. We were told to sell pre-ordered copies to walk-in customers on the assumption that not all people who pre-ordered would be picking up their copies on launch day. Since there would be another shipment of the game the next day, people who pre-ordered but didn't pick up their copies on launch day would simply get their copies from the second shipment.

There weren't any "lost shipments"; at least, not at our store. People couldn't pick up their pre-ordered copies because we sold them to somebody else.

Of course, this was an immensely bad decision (and was recognized as such by store staff at the time), but there was nothing we could do since it was the district manager telling us to sell the pre-ordered copies to walk-ins. This incident led at least one manager in my area to quit and put me on the path to quitting (which I eventually did, around two months afterwards).

QuantumTrickery

Actually, it was a lost shipment of sorts. Fedex, who was responsible for getting GoW distributed to GameStop stores around the country, screwed up big time. They were shipped out late, and that's why Gamestops all over the place had nothing from the minute they opened.

ragn4rokk 2.0
Actually, it was a lost shipment of sorts. Fedex, who was responsible for getting GoW distributed to GameStop stores around the country, screwed up big time. They were shipped out late, and that's why Gamestops all over the place had nothing from the minute they opened.

This is the story I was told. I had to wait 3 or 4 days for a game I'd payed for months in advance.

If this happens for Bioshock, blood will spill.

ynnoj
Why didn't they?

There was a community vote to decide which goodies would be included with the CE. That's how we ended up with the soundtrack CD, bonus features DVD and the Big Daddy figurine.

Kudos to them releasing it online.

gigapixels

Damn, I wish I could get the Art Book professionally printed... It would be so awesome to physically have, rather than just a PDF. I'm going to ask the graphic designer I work with to see how much it might be to get a few copies printed...

magik
There was a community vote to decide which goodies would be included with the CE. That's how we ended up with the soundtrack CD, bonus features DVD and the Big Daddy figurine.

Kudos to them releasing it online.

Ah, I see. Well that's pretty cool that they got feedback from the community like that. I'm sure if they were to eventually release a printed version, people would buy it, definitely.

af4

Game Reviews (some already posted - currenty tally)

Game Informer: 10/10

Games Radar: 10/10

PC Gamer UK: 95%

OXM UK: 10/10

PC Zone: 96%

Gamer.tv: 5/5

Playboy: 4/4 Bunnies

...and EuroGamer?

10/10... Wow. :cry:

Summary from EuroGamer Review:

And with that out of the way, all that remains is to insist that anyone with a PC or a 360 goes out and buys this wonderful game on the 24th of August (or sooner if you happen to live near the street date-breaking US retailers), and send a message to the entire games industry that this is the kind of game that people want. BioShock is the ultimate rarity: not only does it live up to its lofty promise, but exceeds it through simple, old fashioned talent and imagination - not to mention verve, style,class, wit, and sheer bloody-minded ambition. It takes the tired, worn-out FPS genre by the scruff of the neck, reinvents and bend it out of shape in such a breathtaking fashion that it's going to take something very special to top this in the months and years ahead. For a game to be so outstanding in one department is one thing - to manage to tick every single box from graphics to audio to gameplay depth to atmosphere and innovation is pretty much unprecedented. Seriously - if you don't find something to love about BioShock, we'd recommend a trip to the nearest doctor to check if your heart's still beating.

Game Informer Blurb:

It’s ingenious, enthralling, and a masterpiece of the most epic proportions. So without further delay, would you kindly enter Rapture so that you too can experience the best that video games have to offer?
+Audioboxer

OMG

CE1640.jpg

CE5640.jpg

CE6640.jpg

*head explodes*

:woot:

+BeLGaRaTh

Popped over the pond to buy another copy then Audioboxer :)

Why can't Game sell their copies early :p

+Audioboxer
Popped over the pond to buy another copy then Audioboxer :)

Why can't Game sell their copies early :p

Looks like I purchased quite a few copies :p

CE4640.jpg

Store date hasn't been broken on PC, only 360. The above pictures have clearly been taken by an employee.

That figurine looks awesome though!

oafphaabk.jpg

:laugh:

+BeLGaRaTh

LOL at the Bioshock Command Prompt :)

Yusuf M.

My friend already has BioShock for the 360!

/me implodes

Ayepecks
Summary from EuroGamer Review:

Game Informer Blurb:

...wow. Eurogamer normally hates everything! I mean, if Eurogamer made its own game they would probably give it a 8/10 for not living up to the hype they created for it.

DirtyLarry
My friend already has BioShock for the 360!

/me implodes

Damn lucky he (or being PC she) is!

I tried 4 Toys R Us' and also stopped at Walmart on the way home just for the hell of it today, and no luck at all.

Honestly I have not been this excited for a game since HL2.

Next Tuesday is going to be a day to remember in gaming indeed.

Honestly I swear, if I had not already used all of my personal and sick days and was currently on "probation" with my days off, I would be taking off from work!! :rofl: