Bioshock General Discussion ( Xbox 360 )

Is there any indication, official or otherwise, that this early release by Toys r us will push up the official release for all stores?

Doubt it.

Best I think everyone can hope for now is maybe a day or if lucky two days early.

Some internet purchases might come early.

Is there any indication, official or otherwise, that this early release by Toys r us will push up the official release for all stores?

Will not. Can't find source.

Believe me? :cry:

Press release should be coming.

edit:

It recently came to 2K Games? attention that one of our retail partners prematurely sold some copies of BioShock prior to the game's official launch date. Retailers are typically shipped product in advance to ensure they can meet launch day demand on street-dated product. As a result, a few people were able to purchase the game early. Additionally, a TV advertisement for BioShock prematurely ran that incorrectly indicated that the game was available for purchase. 2K Games has reached out to our retail partners and is maintaining the street date of August 21st in North America and August 24th in Europe, when BioShock will be available at retailers. 2K Games is appreciative of the gamer excitement and critical acclaim leading up to the title?s launch.

WOW.. the demo was more then enough to convince me to purchase this game.

i was actually kind of scared near the end of the demo lol, shadows of people along the walls!

Would have gone for that be I want the CE and figurine. Probably the most anticipated game ever, for me at least :)

Wish I was HG Wells, then I wouldn't have to wait :p

Just played the demo again and I came across a bug/glitch. Those machines you hack and fly around, I hacked 2 then all the sudden 2 good ones and 2 bad ones just pushed me up against the wall and I couldn't do anything, couldnt get out of it or destroy any of them, had to restart demo to get out of it

^ Well, it's not supposed to be out already... Toys 'R Us is breaking the street date.

Thanks to you my friend, I picked this up A TRU in Westland, MI. on my lunch hour....

Played for about three hours last night.... Best single player campaign ive ever played, hands down.

Killing me to be at work right now!!

Is there a way to hack that flamethrower robot thing that is behind the gate?

I don't think so, you can only stun it with your elctro plasmid. Or destory it if you shoot it enough.

I just want to know if i can run Bioshock on my PC in any way possible.

Intel Core 2 Duo e6300 @ 1.86 Ghz

OCZ Gold XTC 1GB DC (2X512)

eVGA GeForce 7600GT KO 256MB PCI-E

OCZ GamerXStreme 600W 24Pin

Hehe. The first time I tried hacking I didn't realize you could reveal as many pieces as you wanted. I didn't think it would be that easy so I didn't try at first. Actually, the only reason I figured out that you could reveal numerous pieces is because on my second try I was getting frustrated that they weren't giving me much to work with so I just starting clicking everywhere. :laugh:

Damn lucky he (or being PC she) is!

I tried 4 Toys R Us' and also stopped at Walmart on the way home just for the hell of it today, and no luck at all.

Honestly I have not been this excited for a game since HL2.

Next Tuesday is going to be a day to remember in gaming indeed.

Honestly I swear, if I had not already used all of my personal and sick days and was currently on "probation" with my days off, I would be taking off from work!! :rofl:

Haha, I've only tried 2 Toys R Us' and I haven't found any. I even checked a local Wal-Mart and Sam's Club. I don't know if I'll ever be this excited for a video game.

10/10 from 1up. The lowest is 9.4 (from an X Box mag, of all things!... must be the Halo fanboys being nitpicky). Average is 98.5%.

That's the highest game average ever.

And with that, I'm out. No more internet for me till I'm done with the game. If I have even one little minute detail of the experience ruined for me, I will die of grief.

I swear.