Lost Season 4

There is a big difference:

24 begins and ends in each season, without leaving any questions.

Lost leaves so many, that the gap between seasons is like between episodes ...

anyone notice mention of Oceanic Flight 815 being shot down by (garble) subterranean (something) in second episode of Chuck? Good chance it is unrelated, since Oceanic is used (according to wiki) as a fictional airline by many tv shows, and the snapper is different networks IIRC (I think Chuck is NBC)....but still caught my ear

anyone notice mention of Oceanic Flight 815 being shot down by (garble) subterranean (something) in second episode of Chuck? Good chance it is unrelated, since Oceanic is used (according to wiki) as a fictional airline by many tv shows, and the snapper is different networks IIRC (I think Chuck is NBC)....but still caught my ear

Yeah I saw that I did think it was cool :D

There is a big difference:

24 begins and ends in each season, without leaving any questions.

Lost leaves so many, that the gap between seasons is like between episodes ...

Nope. In 24, season two ended with an assassination attempt on Palmer and season five ended with Jack being kidnapped by the Chinese. The part of Lost's success is the mystery of the show. That's how it started from the pilot. It's much more frustrating to have an airing schedule like ABC did for season two of Lost; any sensible person would consider non-stop runs better than gaps. Besides, having it aired sooner would not tell you more than you would know when the season ends in May, you get some answers sooner. Woopy, I'd pick weekly showings over sooner answers.

That's what this thread is all about.

Nope. In 24, season two ended with an assassination attempt on Palmer and season five ended with Jack being kidnapped by the Chinese. The part of Lost's success is the mystery of the show. That's how it started from the pilot. It's much more frustrating to have an airing schedule like ABC did for season two of Lost; any sensible person would consider non-stop runs better than gaps. Besides, having it aired sooner would not tell you more than you would know when the season ends in May, you get some answers sooner. Woopy, I'd pick weekly showings over sooner answers.

That's what this thread is all about.

I wasn?t telling I like gaps.

I was only comparing Lost with 24 and why is more desperating to wait for the next season of Lost; because it leaves so many questions that it doesn't seem to have 6 different seasons, but only one with 5 big gaps in between...

Exactly.

All the other seasons began by late September or beginning of October, with almost the same number of episodes (24,23,22).

So, gaps or not in the middle, I think they could easily make 16 in the same time (1 year).

I fail to see what is so troubling to you about having non-stop weekly airings instead of breaks. You'll get the same product in the end.

Exactly.

All the other seasons began by late September or beginning of October, with almost the same number of episodes (24,23,22).

So, gaps or not in the middle, I think they could easily make 16 in the same time (1 year).

By the time we watch episode 4, season 4 shooting will be complete.

Thanks, Peewee. Hope then start shooting season 5, so we don't have to wait so much again...

Mattachew: I'm failing to explain myself so I'll keep it simple:

- I DON'T like gaps. I prefer all the season in one block, just like you.

- I was only comparing waiting for Lost and for 24.

- To avoid further questions, I am a big fan of 24 too ... (and Monk, Dr.House ...)

Edited by ce64

^ Each season will start in either January or February most likely. That's the way 24 does it and I believe that's the way ABC wants to continue to do it. I'd rather it start in Feb and we get 16 consecutive episodes than get some here and there with 6 weeks off in between.

The actors need time off to, so they can't just jump from doing season four to doing season five. They all have families and stuff that might not live on the island. Not just the actors, but the writers, directors, they all need a break. I'm happy with the way things are going, of course the one down fall to how they're doing this is that if the viewers don't like the direction they're going in, there's nothing they can do to make up for it because they'll be done filming already.

Yeah I like the fact that it starts in the Feb because as Hurmoth mentioned its a straight run then and theres no repeats or catch up shows plus theres only 16 now so they can do that with ease as other stuff are finishing.

Heroic Hurley moment coming

In the latest Lost Magazine there was a very small snippet/spoiler from Damon Lindelof regarding Hurley.

I love Hurley. He is the greatest. More heroic Hurley moments like in the finale please! Ok, that was more of a statement than a question. Do you agree?

Hell yes, I agree. And thusly, I hereby promise you one heroic Hurley moment in the season four premiere!

Source: Lost Magazine

Sounds good!

Fisher Stevens to play Minkowski

The mysterious Minkowski, whose voice was heard on the other side of the satellite phone found by the "Lost" gang, now has a face as Fisher Stevens has been tapped to play the role on the ABC/ABC Studios series.

Stevens will recur as Minkow?ski on "Lost." The character, which was referenced several times toward the end of last season, was only heard talking to Jack (Matthew Fox) on the phone and told the survivors in the third-season finale in May that they will be rescued.

In the "Lost" fan blogosphere, the name of the character has been tied to German mathematician Hermann Minkowski, whose Minkowski space -- a four-dimensional system including the three dimensions of space plus the dimension of time -- was used in Einstein's theory of special relativity.

Stevens, who recently co-directed the critically praised documentary, "Crazy Love," is repped by Fortitude and the Collective

Source: Hollywood Reporter

In the "Lost" fan blogosphere, the name of the character has been tied to German mathematician Hermann Minkowski, whose Minkowski space -- a four-dimensional system including the three dimensions of space plus the dimension of time -- was used in Einstein's theory of special relativity.

No doubt about where the things are going ...

Jorge confirms death

As we reported earlier there is going to be another death coming up. Thanks to Lyly for finding this post from Jorge over at The Fuselage.

Question

Hello Jorge

I have two quick questions i would love to know!

First, without giving awayy tooo much are there going to be anymore shocking deaths on lost? im not asking for names just Yes or No!

and second question is Who are you closest with on the cast?

Jorge

A: YES!!!!

Physically, right now, maybe Emerson. Because I believe we are both in California this minute.

Source: Jorge@The Fuselage