Lost Season 4

Wow, this is just horrible. 8 wopping episodes for Lost and 24 skipping a whole season.

Who benefits from this? The writers, and no one else. How exactly do we benefit? It's not as if the writers will magically produce better stories, as they've been making the ones we're accustomed to now.

The fans and networks lose because of this. I'm for the writers guild getting their fair share, it's only proper and imho unethical that they do not get their cut, but at the same time, we're now subjected to shorted, delayed, or canceled shows.

The networks deserve to lose, they are the ones who are being greedy. If you look at how much the writers get, you'd be ****ed too.

The fans do lose, but we will live, won't we?

Of course, in the end, we all will live, regardless of how greedy the networks are. As I said before, I'm for the writers getting their share, and in the case of DVDs and internet, they're not, but we're definitely on the losing end of this strike. It's only going to get worse the longer it goes on. Hopefully it won't hit 22 weeks like the last strike.

Of course, in the end, we all will live, regardless of how greedy the networks are. As I said before, I'm for the writers getting their share, and in the case of DVDs and internet, they're not, but we're definitely on the losing end of this strike. It's only going to get worse the longer it goes on. Hopefully it won't hit 22 weeks like the last strike.

I can see the networks wanting to sort this soon because unlike back then tv shows now are really big business like the whole network can live or die by a show!

Yeah, I understand. I personally would like to see it last for a long time, even past 22 weeks. Obviously a lot of us are going to be looking for alternate time fillers, but we might come out on the winning side with films though as more studios will be picking up indie films and I personally think they're a lot better than Hollywood films.

We lose on the TV side, but win on the film side.

It could also prove to be beneficial for those season pack dvd sales. People could start watching old shows.

I went through a lot of old shows and picked up on currently running shows this summer.

Read this over at DarkUFO's rumour section, thought it was interesting.

The Season 4 Premiere Opening, remember its only a rumour.

Season 4 will begin with air traffic control speaking to the pilot of a plane that is in trouble. It will show both the plane and air traffic control in various shots. This is all done in a way that will make us believe it's NOT the Oceanic flight that Jack, Locke etc were on. Except it is. We'll see the plane crashing into the sea. We'll see the dead bodies of people we know. Then the "Lost" logo will come out of the screen.

^ Sounds good Peewee but you might want to make it a spoiler. Oh and i'm sad to hear that there's only going to be 8 episodes.

I would if i could, shame about the 8 episodes only being aired :(

Oh god this is terrible! I am sure it would be resolved soon though. The production houses cannot afford to let this stalemate continue for a long time.

Yeah they can because they're still making money on old shows that they either haven't aired before (never before scene shows) or reruns. The studios won't hurt a lot from this. (Maybe $1 billion, but that's Hollywood wide, so not a lot of money there compared to how much the studios make a year). On top of that, compare it to how much more money they'll be paying out to writers and it is a lot higher than $1 billion a year. So this stalemate could last, according to most if not all analyst, for a long long time.

That's why most studios have already started making long term preparations (Lost hasn't even begun and they're already cutting the season short, so that tells you how serious this is).

I would if i could, shame about the 8 episodes only being aired :(

Better 8 then none really, tho I do hope they can settle this soon!

My oh My, What they gonna do with DVDs? Hope they sell them at $20 instead $60

Or just Damn combine it with Season 5's I really DO NOT want to pay $60 or even $40 for just 8 Eps

Guess I Will just Pirate it, **** them if this is like 8 Eps for $40 DVD. :|

They need to feel customer's Anger too! Damn Selfish they are now!

"The forecast is in from Hollywood: Get ready for a long, cold winter of repeats and reality TV." --http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?...2574&page=1

"There are a lot of people who think this is going to be a matter of months and months not weeks and days," said Ben Grossman, the Los Angeles bureau chief for the trade publication Broadcasting & Cable. "This is a marathon, not a sprint."

"The producers, especially the motion picture ones, will not be under really heavy pressure to change their position for quite a while," Gray said. "Judging from the early experience, it could be a long strike."

Oh well lets hope British TV has something good going on!

I hear as well Jericho might return due to it being filmed, imagine the ratings for that!

Oh well lets hope British TV has something good going on!

I hear as well Jericho might return due to it being filmed, imagine the ratings for that!

Yeah, that show will excel if it is the only thing new on. I suspect that CBS will hold that though until they have nothing new on anymore (excluding reality tv shows).

Yeah, that show will excel if it is the only thing new on. I suspect that CBS will hold that though until they have nothing new on anymore (excluding reality tv shows).

It was always a filler show Jericho that is anyway for this season, once something gets cancelled it drops in.

Question: What does the strike mean for Lost? Any idea how many episodes they finished pre-strike? Is it still scheduled to air some time in February? ? Mike

Ausiello: Why do I suddenly feel as if I'm talking to myself, Mike? Why do I also suddenly feel like I'm not going to like what I have to say? At least I know the answer to that second part it's because I don't like what I have to say. If the strike extends into the new year, there is a slight chance ABC may opt to hold the eight completed episodes until 2009 (that's not a typo). Under that scenario, Lost would have 24 original episodes (eight from this season, 16 from next) that could run uninterrupted from January until May ? much like a certain Fox drama that features a ticking clockck. Says Lost cocreator Carlton Cuse, "Damon [Lindelof] and my concern about running the episodes we will have made is that it will feel a little like reading half a Harry Potter novel, then having to put it down. There is a mini cliff-hanger at the end of Episode 8, but it's like the end of an exciting book chapter; it's not the end of the novel. Damon and I didn't write [the ending of Episode 8] differently [with the looming strike in mind]. We wrote it to be the ending of Episode 8." In any case, he concedes that the decision to hold or air the episodes isn't ultimately theirs. "It's really [ABC honcho Steve MacPherson's] call," Cuse notes, adding, "No one was happy with the six-episode run last season."

Question: Now that the writers are on strike, whatever will I do to get Lost scoop? ? Maribeth

Ausiello: You can ask, for starters. Have I ever let you down? Whenever the current eight episodes air, keep an eye out toward the end of the run for Zoe Bell, whom Carlton Cuse calls "the stuntwoman extraordinaire, from the Tarantino flicks [Kill Bill: Volume 1 and Grindhouse. She definitely will make a splash."

There you have it maybe no lost till 2009!

Lost stars and off-screen lovers Evangeline Lilly and Dominic Monaghan have reportedly ended their relationship.

British actor Monaghan was spotted crying in another woman's arms at a restaurant in Los Angeles on Saturday, sparking reports he is no longer with Lilly.

Witnesses at the El Coyote diner also claimed the Lord of the Rings star was kissing and cuddling the woman.

A source told the New York Post: "They were right in the middle of the room, they weren't interested in privacy. They looked very intimate. They were nursing margaritas, leaning in, chain-smoking, having an intense conversation."

Earlier this year Lilly and Monaghan, who dated for two years, were rumoured to be engaged after Monaghan was thought to have proposed to Lilly during a holiday in Hawaii, where the hit US show is filmed.