Macworld 2008

Ordered the MacBook Air, Office 2008, & a 1GB Time Capsule :woot:

1TB you mean Hurmoth?

1TB you mean Hurmoth?

Yup, sorry about that. Typo there.

How much did you spend?

$2500 with Education Discount

nahh he just bought a flash drive and renamed it "Time Capsule" It's the ultimate way to cut costs.. :laugh:

^ :laugh:

I think I've made up my mind about the Air. I'm still going to stick with my plan of getting a BlackBook, because I'll be spending ?250 on something that's thinner but does less. Wtf, right?://

Yup, sorry about that. Typo there.

$2500 with Education Discount

^ :laugh:

Damn Americans and your healthy economy :(

Yes, Im envious of you, congrats for your purchase. ;)

Ordered the MacBook Air, Office 2008, & a 1GB Time Capsule :woot:

Sweet I have a few thousand owed to me with the work I am doing over here in France so I think thats my next purchase :D

I think I've made up my mind about the Air. I'm still going to stick with my plan of getting a BlackBook, because I'll be spending ?250 on something that's thinner but does less. Wtf, right?://

You've made the right decision. Unless you're traveling about constantly, even though the macbook is portable enough for this, i see no reason for it.

I think its pretty obvious the next MacBook Pro update will have the same touch pad and then the MacBook will follow.

You've made the right decision. Unless you're traveling about constantly, even though the macbook is portable enough for this, i see no reason for it.

I think its pretty obvious the next MacBook Pro update will have the same touch pad and then the MacBook will follow.

I'm really surprised we didn't see some kinda of MBP revision.

Oh come on apple.

Macbook air = rubbish

not worth the price, for a little bit extra u can get something with way more enhanced features, better graphics card, better hd, better cpu. I can see a few issues here

Drop down usb thing could get broken

If i spend that much on a laptop i would demand they bundle a USB drive in it for FREE

Remote Disc sharing as innovative??? WTF i been able to do this for ages in my windows pc lolz.

even my imac shares my cd rom drive by default lol

The real changes will come in feb I bet... when they announce the SDK, something else will probably be upgraded around that time... although it kinda stinks how the SDK is rumored to work... how you have to distribute your apps through itunes....

Mac air is where the Intel metro concept went to. Intel demoed a working model in may 2007 which was only 0.7 inch thick together with Vista to support the extra screen on the outside. This concept was to meant for other OEMS to build. Apple takes this concept, makes the design a bit more ugly IMHO, adds an extra 0.06 inch, loses some nice features like the extra screen and remote charging and calls it their innovation??? haha

Now that was the pie... for the cherry on top they annouced remote disc sharing as innovative ... :x have to stop before my lunch is served to me again.

Edited by Sjokkel

Ok, so iPhone is updated to 1.1.3, all is working.

But, now I ask...what the HELL are the iPhone development teams up to? A 162MB download yields a Maps update, multi-SMS, and Webclips!? I won't even mention the fact that Maps is developed by Google and not by Apple! I understand the SDK is coming but come on, give me a bone! Apple doesn't need the SDK to get released in order to release their own made apps.

dull, lol at the people who waited for exciting updates before purchasing a macbook or macbook pro

the air model is way too expensive IMO...I wouldn't get it

... or you would then you'd complain it was overpriced and return it and then buy another one because you missed it...