• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Macworld 2008

Menge    33

there isn't even a video interface that supports that high resolution :s

Chicane-UK    674
A *cheaper* Mac Pro or an upgradeable mini-tower based system to go in between the iMac and the MacPro

Agreed. That would be excellent.

They need to setup some kind of deal with Nvidia to make more GeForce cards supported under OSX so that the cards can be upgraded as new models come out. That said, Apple have always preferred to keep their boxes "mostly" sealed so I guess that isn't likely to happen but a monitorless machine with more grunt than a Mini and a far lower price than the Mac Pro would be most welcomed here. I think i'd go for one.

Deron Dantzler    0
Lemme rephrase when I said 3G iphone, I simply meant announce a 3G iPhone, not release it. If they do mod the Mac Mini they need to give it a major overhaul imo, announce a Mac Nano something closer to the AppleTV in size. I'm most looking forward to a redesigned Cinema Display and Mac Pro. Hopefully they will give the entire Mac line a processor bump too.

AT&T's CEO has already "announced" that the 3G iPhone will be released next year. I'm sure he's just as credible a source.

Deron Dantzler    0

I want to see a tablet with mobile access priced around $1500. Customers who already have the iPhone pay nothing additional for data (this time 3G).

instant.human    45

with apples success atm an upgradable minitower wouldnt be a wise decision, imho...

at least if theres not some kind of deal what assures driver-compatibility and prevents driver-mess like we all know it from somewhere else.

with apples success i feel apple become more and more... unprofessional.... everythings a little messy, i feel. i might be wrong but thats my feelings telling me.

infact, at least in my opinion, an upgradable minitower would like... mess up things even more... people could try running unusupported cards, develop 3rdparty drivers and here we are, having a driver-mess, apple looking bad in the media since everythings messed up and the shiny, mighty apple gets darker and more flag-like...

i could be totally wrong of course but yea... dont know...

bakerster    0
with apples success atm an upgradable minitower wouldnt be a wise decision, imho...

at least if theres not some kind of deal what assures driver-compatibility and prevents driver-mess like we all know it from somewhere else.

with apples success i feel apple become more and more... unprofessional.... everythings a little messy, i feel. i might be wrong but thats my feelings telling me.

infact, at least in my opinion, an upgradable minitower would like... mess up things even more... people could try running unusupported cards, develop 3rdparty drivers and here we are, having a driver-mess, apple looking bad in the media since everythings messed up and the shiny, mighty apple gets darker and more flag-like...

i could be totally wrong of course but yea... dont know...

i'm going to nominate you for the most confusing post of the year award.

do you want them to make a minitower... or.. not?

instant.human    45

i dont.

PyX    140

A mini tower... isn't it the Mac Mini?

azz0r_wugg    1

iPhone with 3g+flash camera+mms

iPod touch with speakers

osirisX    2

iPod touch (and the rest of the iPod line) wont see any hardware updates until September next year. Much to recent to update them.

bob_c_b    13
A mini tower... isn't it the Mac Mini?

Not unless you can open the mini and add components easily :no: I just sold my mini, mostly for issues with wanting to dabble with Pro apps but just the hassle of upgrading RAM was almost enough for me to dump it. I tried to justify it for a long time, and I still think the mini is great for a targeted part of the market, but...

macfanboy    0

something like microsoft touch surface??? only a Iline of product?

MulletRobZ    2

Besides an ultraportable version of the MacBook Pro, my gut tells me there will definitely be some announcements related to the iPhone. Chances are, they will probably relate to an introduction of a 3G-capable iPhone and the availability of the iPhone in additional countries (if so, Canada better be one of them)!

ineedsleep    0

After reading this post about the new iPhone firmware, I think there's definitely going to be some kind of iPhone-related announcement at the upcoming Macworld.

mattrobs    1

Definitely movie rentals on iTunes store.

jpeaus    0

A Macbook / Macbook Pro with built in 3G with decent plans would be great.

brayan27    0
A Macbook / Macbook Pro with built in 3G with decent plans would be great.

I think you mean an iphone, Am I right?

S550    91
I think you mean an iphone, Am I right?

No way. CEelular should be an option on any laptop that could be used for business.

Impact    0

I will be going! I can't wait. I personally would like to see a less expensive tower Mac close to the price range of a mac mini, but it would be more upgradeable.

kaiwai    0
No way. CEelular should be an option on any laptop that could be used for business.

Why not purchase the equipment seperately? Vodafone have their Vodem - USB 3G modem.

chrisgeleven    0

My guesses:

1. Movie Rentals

2. More music labels (Universal, Warner Bros, indies) offering DRM-free music

3. Updated AppleTV (bigger hard drive, cable card slot so you can use it as your cable box)

4. Updated iPhone announced, but not available yet (3G, more memory, firmware 2.0)

5. Mac sub-notebook

well...    0

im guessing a 16gb nano is out of the question ? :(

chrisgeleven    0
im guessing a 16gb nano is out of the question ? :(

The last 2 iPod nano updates came in the month of September (2006 & 2007). The odds of an iPod nano update before September 2008 is remote at best.

mauriziocorso77    0

does anyone here know how stocks r doing in their local apple stores? specifically the macbook pros? maybe this could give us an idea on if apple is expecting on releasing new ones...